Hogzilla 2: The Sequel

• You cannot reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JohnnyZGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:50 AM

I couldn't find any pics. They say this one is even bigger than the original.  pinch.gif

Another Hogzilla Caught Near Atlanta

Saturday, January 6, 2007 12:42 AM EST

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. - A giant wild hog boasted to be bigger than the near-mythical "Hogzilla" caught in southern Georgia a few years ago has been killed in a suburban Atlanta neighborhood.

The hog hung snout down from a tree Friday in William Coursey's front yard, not far from where the avid hunter said he shot the beast. He said he hauled it to a truck weight station, which recorded the hairy hog at 1,100 pounds.

The Department of Natural Resources did not know whether the hog was a record for the state. "We don't keep records on hogs," said Melissa Cummings of the DNR's public affairs department.

But Coursey believes his behemoth surpasses the famed super swine shot and killed in 2004 that weighed in at half a ton on the farm's scales. A team of National Geographic experts later confirmed "Hogzilla" didn't quite live up to the 1,000-pound, 12-foot hype, saying the beast was probably 7 1/2 to 8 feet long, and weighed about 800 pounds.

The news of Coursey's kill got people are talking about the enormous beasts that roam the state.

"Nobody keeps official records," said Daryl Kirby, an editor with Georgia Outdoor News. "But it's one heck of a hog."

A service of the Associated Press(AP)

#2 RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Interests:All things Paranormal, Spiritual, and Supernatural, . Love Music, Camping, Horseback Riding, Cinema, Photography, Art, Native American Story-Telling. Kundalini Reiki, Holographic Quantum Physics etc.

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:53 AM

I'll buy that story except for the Hog being shot while in a tree...just doesn't sound truthful to me. What type of tree could hold an 800 lb. hog and how did it get up in there?
            huh.gif
Good story though,
RavenHeartGStudy
My Signature

#3 Guest_JohnnyZGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 06 January 2007 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE(RavenHeartGStudy @ Jan 6 2007, 08:53 AM) View Post
I'll buy that story except for the Hog being shot while in a tree...just doesn't sound truthful to me. What type of tree could hold an 800 lb. hog and how did it get up in there?
            huh.gif
Good story though,
RavenHeartGStudy

Unless I read it wrong, they had the hog hanging snout down from the tree, not far from where they shot it. I don't think the hog was in the tree when they shot it. But I could be wrong.

#4 RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Interests:All things Paranormal, Spiritual, and Supernatural, . Love Music, Camping, Horseback Riding, Cinema, Photography, Art, Native American Story-Telling. Kundalini Reiki, Holographic Quantum Physics etc.

Posted 06 January 2007 - 07:07 AM

Ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!
           blush.gif
  SILLY ME!!!
           laugh.gif
RavenHeartGStudy
My Signature

#5 Spirit_Ewe

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:I have a huge amount of interests, I work part time and have a lot of time to persue them. I am also studying psychology part time, hoping to get into criminology.Reading and travel are my two most time consuming past times. I read a lot about criminal behaviour, the unexplained, paranormal phenomina and the natural world. I have also travelled all over my country, which I love and never get tired of seeing.Later this year I am marrying the love of my life, whom I met on an online web site :)

Posted 07 January 2007 - 01:00 AM

I always think its such a shame when beautiful animals like this are shot.

But anyways  - heres a pic of hogzilla:

Source:  nationalgeographic.news.com
My Signature

Let children walk with Nature, let them see the beautiful blendings and communions of death and life, their joyous inseparable unity, as taught in woods and meadows, plains and mountains and streams of our blessed star, and they will learn that death is stingless indeed, and as beautiful as life.

John Muir

#6 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,416 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:58 AM

I located more information about this Hogzilla.

Photograph and slideshow source: WFTV.com.
William Coursey's Hogzilla

Attached Files

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 07 January 2007 - 11:05 AM.

My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#7 crystal

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, supernatural, reading, music, writing, drawing =)

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:09 AM

Look!  A strange animal!  Let's shoot it!   dry.gif

I can't stand the way people think sometimes.  Poor thing... what a shame.
My Signature
To die will be an awfully big adventure.
J.M. BARRIE, Peter Pan

#8 Dinky Dave

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 11:09 AM

There's really nothing strange about these hogs.
The amazing thing about Hogs in general is that it takes them less than 6 months to turn into a Feral Pig, once they escape captivity. Doesn't matter what type/breed of pig it is.
They grow more hair, that is thicker and more bristlely. They grow tusks/teeth ( they are meat eaters too! ). A cowrker's husband killed himself in a hog barn, and the pigs ate him!
Plus I worked in a feeder lot one winter. The pigs frequently had " Blow Outs" where they had herniated rectums. If we didn't catch them in time and sew their anuses back inside them, the other pigs would bite the "blow out" off and kill the pig. Once I found a half eaten  pig, ( with only the front half of the pig, left. ) That happened overnight. Everyday we'd have to check for dead pigs in the lot, and new ones with "Blow Outs". That's just part of farming. The pigs were fed plenty of food, but hey! They are pigs and they want to eat a lot! The bloodier the better!
These Feral pigs will grow bigger and longer than if they were cooped up on a farm. Plus they live longer, since  they don't go to be butchered.
My Uncle raised a couple of Hogs and he let them die of old age. They were huge, and had tusks. They could have easily over powered the strongest man, if they had wanted to. And given the chance, they would!
These critters are mean. Killing a feral pig is a good thing! And no they are not beautiful animals. They are filthy killers. And they aren't anything new, or strange in the animal world. They are just pigs that have gone wild, after escaping from a farm!

#9 crystal

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, supernatural, reading, music, writing, drawing =)

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE(Dinky Dave @ Jan 12 2007, 02:09 PM) View Post
These critters are mean. Killing a feral pig is a good thing! And no they are not beautiful animals. They are filthy killers. And they aren't anything new, or strange in the animal world. They are just pigs that have gone wild, after escaping from a farm!

I was referring to people killing any and all animals that they find strange- not just feral pigs.
My Signature
To die will be an awfully big adventure.
J.M. BARRIE, Peter Pan

#10 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:23 PM

In any case, it looks like the photo of the original photo of Hogzilla which Spirit_Ewe posted is taken out of context. The picture is real, but the preception is sltered. Here's some info:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hogzilla.asp

#11 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,416 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:57 AM

I would like to know why he deemed the meat unsuitable? Even if it were tough, it could easily be rendered edible with tenderizing, braising, etc. Why bury it?

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 14 January 2007 - 08:58 AM.

My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#12 iluvart263

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE(Dinky Dave @ Jan 12 2007, 11:09 AM) View Post

You're right on that one. I don't find pigs particularly beautiful, except that they're so cute when they're just piglets. The only thing is that they are living animals.
Feral pigs are dangerous... not to mention really strong! They will eat anything and they can become a problem for the environment.

I'm so glad there are no feral pigs where I live...

My Signature

#13 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:20 PM

Feral hogs are man-eaters. During the Civil War in the cross roads of Sickles Avenue and Wheatfield Road, there's a small field, which played host to one of the most horrible and nightmarish night's, anyone could ever possibly imagine. This small field unmarked by monuments, is just a small quite corner of the battlefield. It was there on the night July 2nd and 3rd, 1863 when the wounded Union soldiers, who had fiercely fought to hold onto a salient, which reached out from Devil's Den, through the Wheatfield to the Peach Orchard and back to Cemetery Hill. They found themselves behind enemy lines, as night fell and now were cut off from their fellow troops.They lay in the field thirsty and racked with pain, their blood flowing out, they knew that help from their own troops was slim.

As day plunged into night, they could hear the far off moaning, groans and cries of other wounded and they could hear the sounds of troops in the distance. Then they heard a unimaginable horror, which would soon emerge that night. they heard what they thought was the sounds of soldiers crashing through the woods. Was it the Union soldiers and safety? Or could it be Confederate troops and the probability of a sentence in a prison camp? They might now at least have medical help and a chance of surviving.

Unfortunately this was not the case, for what they saw now was a new terror, a horror beyond imagining.
Emerging from the woods were huge hogs. They had been let loose from the surrounding farms, by the destruction of fences. All the men knew what that meant. It is known that after a battle, hogs are known to eat the dead and far worse, the wounded. As the hogs circled, hungrily searching for their own spoils of war, these extremely weakened men, as best they could with bayonets and sabers, were forced to hold them off. Even to this day, some believe you can still hear the distressing sounds, of pain, agony and torment on that little field.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 08 June 2016 - 06:21 PM.

My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#14 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,029 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:40 AM

Just getting revenge for us eating so much bacon!
My Signature
Posted Image

#15 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:31 AM

You are so bad. :lol:
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#16 Shawn4233

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:36 PM

The stories that are told about even the days after the war can seem unreal. Rivers of blood, the moaning of the dieing, and the storms of flies so think at time they seemed to cover sunlight. I couldn't imagine.
My Signature
Your Leading Gettysburg Paranormal Authority
Twitter: @WinFBLeague

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com