• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Reborn

Reborn

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, tornadoes, and politics(girrr!!!!!!)are my strongest interests...<br />Then there's people! I love meeting new people, I find them interesting, which is a plus when it comes to being on this message board!

Posted 10 July 2005 - 04:55 PM

Hello everybody. I was wondering if anybody has been to Hotel Del Coranado. It is in San Diego California. A very famous ghost known as Kate Morgan dwells there. If anybody has had experiences at this place please tell me. I wish to go there someday...

#2 KyrieEleison

KyrieEleison

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 04:59 PM

Hello- I've been there.... but it was several years ago, and I was quite small.  I have heard the stories about it though, and would like to go back!

#3 Reborn

Reborn

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, tornadoes, and politics(girrr!!!!!!)are my strongest interests...<br />Then there's people! I love meeting new people, I find them interesting, which is a plus when it comes to being on this message board!

Posted 10 July 2005 - 05:01 PM

Anything creepy happen to you there?

#4 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 05:06 PM

haven't heard of it, but then again, I'm on the other side of the planet, so thats not unusual! biggrin.gif
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#5 Guest_madidus_*

Guest_madidus_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2005 - 05:11 PM

Been there a couple of times, as I live 40 minutes away... absolutely beautiful place... but no experiences sorry  sad.gif

#6 Guest_chrissyee_*

Guest_chrissyee_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2005 - 05:59 PM

Hi!
Is the lady spirit the one who came and registered under an assumed name then shot herself?

Goodness there are so many stories I listen to,,watch and read I am getting confused. blush.gif

#7 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:03 PM

hahaha I know how you feel chrissyee, they all get mixed together sad.gif
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#8 Reborn

Reborn

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:28 PM

Yup. Some believe she shot herself, others believe her husband shot her. There are many different versions of the story....

#9 KyrieEleison

KyrieEleison

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(Reborn @ Jul 10 2005, 05:01 PM)
Anything creepy happen to you there?

View Post

No.  I really don't remember the visit too well; and I don't think we spent much time inside the hotel.  I was little and with my parents at the time. My best friend in college was originally from San Diego, and on one of the trips back to her house we were going to go to the hotel again, but we never got a chance.

#10 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2005 - 08:44 PM

There is some pretty interesting information about it here:

http://www.sdparanormal.com/page/page/507340.htm

http://www.gothere.com/sandiego/Ghosts/HotelDel/default.htm

#11 Murda4Hire

Murda4Hire

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 10:29 AM

i've been there but nottin happend. the navy seal training base next to it is awsome though! them dudes are hard core!!!

Trill is when ya hustle, trill is when ya grind, trill is when ya punchin that clock overtime. Trill is when ya keep it real 100 percent hol it down fo ya team when ya game full spent.

#12 MoralThreat

MoralThreat

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 02:37 PM

I just recieved a book on California haunts for my birthday and the Hotel Del Coranado was mentioned in it.  It mentions Kate Morgan and another ghost of a maid that used to work there.  Kate's ghost would either float down a hallway and being seen in windows as well as cold spots throughout the hotel.  The oddest thing about the story was that a man investigated her death nearly 100 years later as he had heard it mentioned once and it intrigued him.  Turns out Kate was his great grandmother as she had given up the person's grandfather to a minister and his wife and they raised it as their own.   Way more then just a coincendence if you ask me.  He did write a book about this called The Legend Of Kate Morgan.

As for the maid not much is mentioned about her, just that a man saw her ghost outside his room sobbing, saying she was murdered.  Disturbed by what he saw he told a hotel employee what he saw and she told him there was a book in the lobby about her.  So he grabbed the book that was written by Kate's great grandson, who he had served with in Vietnam.  So much for coiencendences eh?

From what I've heard, people still see these ghosts even after their story was found out.

#13 StoneGarden

StoneGarden

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Books, reading, the paranormal

Posted 10 September 2005 - 06:04 PM

I used to spend a lot of my LATE evenings at the beach in front of there.  Nothing unusual happened, though.  Beautiful old hotel.
Because sometimes I get bored and need something interesting to do there is this: www.stonegarden.net.

#14 Curry2

Curry2

Apport

• GS Member
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:37 PM

visited there 2 times back when i lived an hour away from it...nothing happend

Edited by Curry2, 15 September 2005 - 02:37 PM.

IPB Image

#15 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,145 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:15 AM

It's featured in an episode of Haunted Lives.

https://youtu.be/_M8E3VAtquY?t=918

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 04 October 2019 - 11:22 AM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop