• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Cloakincellar

Cloakincellar

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:45 PM

Ok so me and My boyfriend were messing about with the slow mo on my iPhone and this happened. We genuinely can't find a reasonable explanation as to why this happened. It isn't dust, or light from a car or reflective surface, we did lots of other videos also on slow motion capture and nothing showed up on those, it's definitely not dust. Thoughts?

#2 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:58 PM

Well, I don't see any video or images. So I can't tell you what I think.

I'm guessing based on previous presented evidences here that it is either dust, an insect or other reflective airborne particulate matter.

#3 Cloakincellar

Cloakincellar

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:59 PM

https://www.facebook...08155451549762/

#4 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

Don't Mess With Me

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:59 PM

Hello & welcome!  Can you post your video for us to see?

#5 Cloakincellar

Cloakincellar

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:05 PM

I did post it with the post but I guess it never uploaded! As I said it's definitely not dust, as the room is clean and it appears to move in an odd direction, leaving a light trail, we tested all possibilities of shining lights and there are no insects in the room, please note the speed of the orb considering this is on slow motion capture.

I should also add this is an old house and people have died at this site in the past, and the room is always cold (although there is no radiation, so I'm thinking logically here), there's a lot of technological disturbances in this room alone. The light has not worked for years, there have been instances of lights flickering for no reason, and the bathroom shower suddenly stopped working with no justifiable cause.

Edited by Cloakincellar, 01 September 2015 - 07:02 PM.

#6 lorac61469

lorac61469

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:13 PM

Hi and welcome.

I'm pretty sure it's dust.  Unless you live in a hermetically sealed room you're going to have dust regardless of how clean it it.  Do you have pets, it could be dander. Skin cells.The percentage of the dust in your home that is actually dead skin cells is approximately 75% to 90%.

Gross, right? According to The Boston Globe, 30,000-40,000 skin cells fall off you per minute, and on average 8.8 pounds of dead skin cells fall off your body per year.

When was the last time you had an electrician out to check the wiring? And a plumber?

Edited by lorac61469, 01 September 2015 - 07:24 PM.

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Doppelganger

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:32 PM

Hello and welcome to the boards :) I really like orbs... my rational is if a spirit can manipulate energy fields etc; it might be possible it could also use other tools. I don't think anyone can know for sure either way.
Posted Image

#8 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:51 AM

BTW: I was reading some responses on your face book. The speed it is shot in does not matter as this is a cause - effect.

Also: unless you have a camera designed to see beyond human range such as Full Spectrum or Near IR or IR. You should have seen it while filming!

Edited by CDS, 02 September 2015 - 01:54 AM.

#9 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:38 AM

Very clear shot, at least. And big. But likely dust. It's not an inscect, no wing movement.

God Bless

Graves
Who you gonna call?

#10 Cloakincellar

Cloakincellar

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:18 AM

The only reason I keep reinforcing the fact it's not dust is because I saw it off camera, a little flash of light go past. I thought it was white vapour from a Vape pen so I disregarded it, but evidently it was not.

Edited by Cloakincellar, 02 September 2015 - 03:18 AM.

#11 Lord_tea

Lord_tea

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:To be honest I prefer coffee.

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:24 AM

I think the problem you have with this video is that it looks exactly like an 'orb' caused by illuminated dust/moisture, the speed isn't an issue as something as simple as a breath nearby could disturb small particles at rather fast speeds, and the fact you saw a flash of light off camera does not relate to what is captured in the footage. Both orbs and flashes of light are much more likely to be caused by the mundane, I think the majority of progressive paranormal enthusiasts have come to the conclusion that orbs are thoroughly explainable.

Posted Image

"Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way" - Charles Bukowski

#12 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:12 AM

I have a question...was your flash activated at the time or was there any outside light source? It appears you have a defined light source because I do in fact see light falloff. Illuminated dust can be easily seen with the eye. For the record, speed of the object can only be measured by the trajectory and distance to the source. Typically the objects appear to move fast and have a good size when close to the lens simply from the convex nature of the glass and distance.

I always chuckle when people say it can't be dust because my environment is clean. Typically humans shed 7 ibs of skin every year. It looks just like dust.

I once saw an orb that had a 5 foot tail meander between tombstones in a cemetery with my naked eye for 3-4 seconds without any light to speak of but I leave it to unexplained. Scientists suggest it could be ignited swamp gas or a form of ball lightning. I think it's a long shot to suggest it's paranormal by nature. For that matter I've never seen a orb hold a sign suggesting it was a ghost :)

Edited by evp, 02 September 2015 - 10:16 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Orb, unexplained, bizarre, slomo, balloflight

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users