#1 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,540 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:47 AM

An interesting read about "creating" an entity and the power of the human mind   http://www.strangerd...lip-experiment/
Posted Image

#2 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:00 AM

Yep, thought form

#3 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:04 AM

Makes me wonder if perhaps some EVP's and paranormal "evidence" may come from the same phenomena
Posted Image

#4 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:17 AM

I'm with you on that... sounds plausible.

#5 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,230 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:31 AM

I took the below from the article... and I believe it to be an evil spirit conjured up at a seance.

"Others think the group may have “opened a door,” so to speak, that Philip was in fact a ghost or, worse, a demon playing along with the participants’ desires to “create” a thoughtform. In that case, they didn’t design a tulpa; they conjured an actual spirit."

I personally think thought forms are a bit of a reach.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#6 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:37 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 24 March 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:

I took the below from the article... and I believe it to be an evil spirit conjured up at a seance.

"ghost or, worse, a demon playing along with the participants’ desires to “create” a thoughtform. In that case, they didn’t design a tulpa; they conjured an actual spirit."

I personally think thought forms are a bit of a reach.
   Certainly is a possibility. In the end, the article is proof of nothing , but is food for thought. I have heard the theory before that some EVPs could actually be the investigator putting a psychic imprint (for lack of better term) on the recorder versus a spirit/entity speaking. Nothing would surprise me, because we don't really KNOW anything. All we can do is speculate on our experiences and the reports of others. Maddening
Posted Image

#7 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:35 AM

I often think some of these monster sightings are tulpas. Think about Nessie, Champ, Bigfoot, etc. There's been sightings, far back in recorded history of them, but no truly profound physical evidence. I think they're tulpas, maybe memories of sightings from the ancient past. What with the belief of their existence so strong, we have created thought forms of them; basically breathed them into existence.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 25 April 2016 - 08:36 AM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#8 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:59 AM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 24 March 2016 - 11:37 AM, said:

Certainly is a possibility. In the end, the article is proof of nothing , but is food for thought. I have heard the theory before that some EVPs could actually be the investigator putting a psychic imprint (for lack of better term) on the recorder versus a spirit/entity speaking. Nothing would surprise me, because we don't really KNOW anything. All we can do is speculate on our experiences and the reports of others. Maddening

Ummm, have you heard of transform EVP? There is also another anomaly dubbed transmuted EVP, where by the shared copies of the original are altered after sharing it with others.

#9 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:00 PM

There is so much a human mind can do, but there's simply a limit which it cannot exceed.
Thought form remains in the mind, there is no way it can manifest outside. Unless, there is an actual spirit behind the whole idea.

#10 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,230 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:26 PM

Makes sense to me, Hudds.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#11 True North

True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:38 PM

The creation of autonomous thoughtforms is commonplace, it's just that most are not created intentionally (as is practiced in some disciplines). This has to do with why many are problematic, and why in a way the ones which are problematic provide good lessons for creators (or those who've picked-up someone else's) not paying mind to their own reactions and emotions, and who repeat unhealthy or self-sabotaging thoughts to themselves.

If a thoughtform has been 'birthed' in a dimension of say fear or anger then this will be the 'food' it needs to survive and grow (whatever the corresponding thought may be, like for example 'hurt others before they hurt you' - a real example from a real case). It will not be sentient at first and will simply hang about that fear or anger energy or be drawn to it elsewhere. Over time though it can become more intelligent. Some people would describe this gradual process as it evolving or 'graduating' from being merely alive into something that's aware of itself and eventually gaining 'entity' status. It'll learn over time much like how a modern AI does until it's smart enough to replicate the energy it needs for itself - i.e. 'til it's smart enough, after observing people's reactions, to manipulate unaware individuals into consistently producing that energy for them (influencing and steering them into scenarios that result in the deired energy's production).

Edited by True North, 23 October 2016 - 10:25 AM.

#12 True North

True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:47 PM

To me, a Tulpa is very intentionally created non-corporeal life, achieved through intense and focused thought. As opposed to thoughtforms which are unintentionally created.

In the beginning a thoughtform basically has zero intelligence (so it's not like it's going to have anything to express or be engaging people in conversation); it does not take action or make decisions... it's not thinking (yet), it's just there, at first. Maybe that's not always the case, but that's what I've observed.

Edited by True North, 16 May 2017 - 12:46 PM.

#13 biblophile

biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, books art

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:06 PM

Alexandra David Neel an anthropologist who spent time in Tibet and claims to have made a tulpa of a fat laughing monk that followed her around. At first only she could see it, soon others saw it as well. After a time the monk started to change, it grew thinner, and took on a sinister aspect. In the end she had to unmake it.

#14 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:41 AM

Thanks for sharing this, i was listening to the 'generation why' podcast a few weeks back and one of their mysteries was regarding a tulpa. So I'm glad to be learning more about it!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#15 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:Knowledge Seeker, Astronomy, Music, bLogging, Meditation, The Outdoors, The Beatles, Reading, Writing, Celebrity Grave Hunting, Storm Chasing, The Paranormal (Ghosts & UFO's), Computers, Romance, Travel, Literature & Photography.

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:34 AM

I've never heard the term until I came to this topic.
Oddly enough, there is a Tulpa in the Return of Twin Peaks.
He was created by Evil Cooper aka Mr. C. (Cooper's doppelganger) and his name is Dougie Jones.
Dougie was created to throw the FBI off of Evil Cooper's trail.
And there is so much more weirdness going on.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users