• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,449 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:31 AM

View PostCDS, on 14 August 2016 - 02:57 AM, said:

Jim,

Have you ever considered a Fakes & False Positives section on your site somewhere?

There actually is a fake ghost photo gallery on Ghoststudy, but it's kinda old.

Here is the link - http://ghoststudy.co...n/fakepage.html
Posted Image

#62 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:06 AM

Thanks!

But that is more about HOW to fake images...

I'm more for exposing fakes for what they are.

#63 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,449 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:32 AM

Gotcha...

I found this one...  It's more of a lesson on how to avoid capturing fake orbs and other things - http://www.ghoststud...ssonjan2006.htm

Here is a False Positive section from May 2005 - http://www.ghoststud...may05/fakes.htm
Posted Image

#64 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:08 AM

Thank you for the links NightWalkerGS.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#65 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:12 PM

You're welcome, MacCGS!  ^_^
Posted Image

#66 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:37 PM

Thanks NightWalker.

#67 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:44 PM

You're very welcome!
Posted Image

#68 capn b

capn b

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:37 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 01 August 2016 - 10:36 PM, said:

Okay... thanks for that, CDS.
I haven't seen it all over the internet but I can see why the two sites you linked, posted it, it's pretty amazing. The submitter created quite a feat, if it's fake.

I think the problem with a lot of paranormal researchers are that they are too quick to dismiss anything without it being very near to absolute proof (which will never happen by the way). Or only consider if it has a story, especially an amazing back story. To me, an amazing back story can easily mean buyer beware. True, I didn't receive much of a story with the picture. Which usually happens. They usually want to know if I'm interested first. And in this case, I never got back with them and that's my fault.

To tell you the truth, it's a little disheartening to post a photo knowing it will simply be dismissed without further ado. Makes me wonder how many genuine photos are simply discarded without any real thought to the possibilities.

Jim, The part you said in bold is really the reason I don't comment on boards like this more than i do. Seems like no matter what someone puts up, rather a pic, video or a story. It's like, there's no way possible it can be paranormal. I understand all the Rubbish that's out there on the "world wide web"  But people are so quick to shoot stuff down without opening their minds to what all the possibilities could hold in a pic, video or story. Sometimes it feels like a lot of people forget why they became so intrigued with the paranormal to begin with.
Just because you cant see it, doesn't mean it's not there

#69 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:38 PM

I'm with you on that, Capn B!

I'm afraid it's just the way the world has gone, at least as far as the paranormal is concerned. It's actually rare that a picture is posted here anymore, unfortunately. I no longer feel comfortable posting pics here anymore myself and I have around 200 pics that I would love to share that are absolutely amazing!  :confused:

#70 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:48 AM

Jim,

It's not just images.

All paranormal forums are and have been slowing down. Goto any one of them and you can see they have a ton of members but only a handful are active and in many cases the topics are not paranormal, mostly banter between the members.

Just as forums replaced IRC. Social media like Facebook, twitter and snapchat are replacing forums...

#71 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:12 AM

I know, CDS.... and it's true. We've talked about that several months ago on another thread. I think the topic title was "where did everyone go?" Or something like that.

But I guess the main point on this thread is, the fear of feeling ridiculed for posting a ghost photo. It's a shame too, because many members and lurkers come here to see ghost photos. ..........But that's a discussion for another day... we're getting off topic.

#72 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:18 AM

I know how quick stuff gets shot down. On a forum, everything (good or bad) ends up at the bottom of the list forever buried in topics past.

Oh, even I have posted my own images here looking for answers... :crazy:

#73 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:10 AM

It is what it is, I guess.

#74 willie62

willie62

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:54 AM

Of course I did my own mini experiment on this very forum back in 2014. It formed part of the dissertation I wrote on photography and the paranormal. The response I got from my in-camera images were interesting. Snowlord and the forum got an honourable mention in my final draft. :)

Edited by willie62, 09 September 2016 - 06:55 AM.

#75 Mikaru

Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:17 AM

It kinda looks like a bust made for make-up and hair styling covered by the tissue paper.