Are You A Believer?

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you a believer? (316 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you are believer?

1. Yes, I have experienced something paranormal (250 votes [79.11%])

Percentage of vote: 79.11%

2. Yes but I have never experienced anything paranormal (32 votes [10.13%])

Percentage of vote: 10.13%

3. Unsure, I am sitting on the fence (23 votes [7.28%])

Percentage of vote: 7.28%

4. There are things I cannot explain but I do not believe (8 votes [2.53%])

Percentage of vote: 2.53%

5. There is no such thing as paranormal activity (3 votes [0.95%])

Percentage of vote: 0.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Guest_Silent Walker_*

Guest_Silent Walker_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:43 AM

Alright all, the post a couple of days ago has made me think, what is the percentage of people on this board who actually believes in the paranormal.

Please vote and lets see the breakdown....

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,973 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:01 AM

None of the choices are really accurate for me.

I believe there are paranormal things, but I think many of them are not what they are commonly thought to be.
Posted Image

#3 Clarina1980

Clarina1980

Vortex

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,721 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE(Vlawde @ Apr 25 2008, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe there are paranormal things, but I think many of them are not what they are commonly thought to be.

I tend to agree. I think there are paranormal things but they're alot rarer than people might think. I believe a big proportion of things have natural explanations but alot of people jump straight to the paranormal explanation..e.g Most Haunted!
"True Love Is Like Ghosts, Which Everyone Talks About But Few Have Seen"

#4 Buckeyefan1

Buckeyefan1

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:32 AM

Believer YES. Skeptic YES. HEHEHEHE! Thanks to powers that be I have been lucky to "know" things, and how can you doubt yourself? lol! I still do, that is why I am an investigator. What I say is just what I "know". I want the proof to go along with it so that it's something someone can hear, hold, see with their own eyes and ears. I guess you could call it my valadation? I always have to know why. I probably never will but it's a GREAT trip!!! smile.gif

#5 Lady Sorbus

Lady Sorbus

Offical GS Headshrinker

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, history, paranormal, symbology, theatre, cinema, Knights Templar, classic cartoons (none of the rubbish out there now), shamanism and witchcraft

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:32 AM

I chose the one that came closest to how I feel, but it's still not 100% accurate.

#6 equus6

equus6

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:07 AM

I believe in the paranormal and I've experienced things that I cannot explain. I own a farm that my family and I feel is "haunted", but it also sits in the middle of rocky mountains, surrounded by underground springs, etc... This could be an explaination as to why we feel things are a little paranormal here. I've seen shadows in my house and have smelled food cooking when no one was cooking, but this could be something residual instead of outright haunted. I'm a believer and a sceptic because I'm open minded to the idea, but I still want proof.
Don't worry about the people in your past. There is a reason they didn't make it to your future....

#7 Irish Mutt

Irish Mutt

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, History, and seeking understanding

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

I as well believe in the paranormal. I also agree that much of the things that are ascribed to it do have a ordinary reason. I think though many truly paranormal events occur without much notice or fanfare. So much of the time people are so involved in day to day living that many things pass them by. It is only once in a while things are so in your face as to be impossible to miss.                    J

Thanks to SilentWalker for the great sig

#8 lilclairey2010

lilclairey2010

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:05 AM

i voted as a believer...as i am! i do like to think of myself somewhat sceptic on things too as i like to try and debunk things before i come to any kind of decision!

Posted Image

Created by Silent Walker

#9 plainbob13

plainbob13

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

Yes i do believe in the paranormal. BUT! But i don't belive 95% of the stuff Ghosthunters, paranormal state or Most Haunted show.

#10 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE(lilclairey2010 @ Apr 28 2008, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i voted as a believer...as i am! i do like to think of myself somewhat sceptic on things too as i like to try and debunk things before i come to any kind of decision!

That about sums me up as well!  smile.gif

#11 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,973 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE(plainbob13 @ Apr 28 2008, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes i do believe in the paranormal. BUT! But i don't belive 95% of the stuff Ghosthunters, paranormal state or Most Haunted show.

I'm with you on Most haunted and Paranormal State, but TAPS has some great evidence, lots of shadow person captures on video and EVP's, plus objects  moving by themselves on film. I'm not a TAPS fanboy by any means, but I respect the hell out of them
Posted Image

#12 markjo

markjo

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:anything paranormal i like reading and watching football.

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE(plainbob13 @ Apr 28 2008, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes i do believe in the paranormal. BUT! But i don't believe 95% of the stuff Ghost hunters, paranormal state or Most Haunted show.

this fits me to.

#13 plainbob13

plainbob13

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE(Vlawde @ Apr 29 2008, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm with you on Most haunted and Paranormal State, but TAPS has some great evidence, lots of shadow person captures on video and EVP's, plus objects  moving by themselves on film. I'm not a TAPS fanboy by any means, but I respect the hell out of them

There are some things they find i'll believe. But the manson murder episode with Flemming and his K-II meter not at all. Or the shadow person in the prison that moved towards the camera. I didn't know shadow people wore tennis shoes. The statue they tried to pass off as a shadow person. Or the heat relfection on the locker.

The best evidence i ever seen them catch was the chair in the coastguard light house that moved. After the manson episode I statred to question what TAPS called evidence. Then the WWE stars sealed the deal. To me. The 1st two season were the best. They debunked and didn't call every where haunted just cause of a EVP you can barely make out. But i still watch for a laugh. Its a shame they ran Brian off. He made the show funny. "DUDE RUN! DUDE!"

#14 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,973 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:59 AM

It's not certain they were tennis shoes at the prison. They couldn't debunk it and just decided to put it out there and let people draw their own conclusions. And they admitted that it was a statue in the other incident you mentioned,

There was  the recent one where  the picture on grants nightstand was captured moving, the glass on jasons nightstand, the shadow figure at the end of a hall at another prison.asylum, the one from a year or so ago where the little shadow dude was caught running behing the table, and of coure the best IMO...the St Augustine lighthouse, with the entity in video, and you could actually hear the voice out loud
Posted Image

#15 freespirit

freespirit

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Anything from the beyond, UFOs,telekinessis,mind reading, and many other subjects along the same lines

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:54 PM

I have had several paranormal experiences in my life. From ghost sightings to UFO sightings. I have absolutely no doubt these things are real. I have even had experience with near death after having died for over 2 and a half minutes with a heart attack.

#16 freespirit

freespirit

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Anything from the beyond, UFOs,telekinessis,mind reading, and many other subjects along the same lines

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(plainbob13 @ Apr 28 2008, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I m with you on that. I think alot of the shows are cooked up to get ratings.

#17 FullMoon

FullMoon

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:13 AM

I'm a sort of 'mostly believer' type. The only paranormal TV show I trust is Ghosthunters and I try to not believe things are paranormal unless I can't debunk. I suppose that makes me like most of the guys who go out on ghost hunts or something.
Sitting in a corner all alone, staring from the bottom of his soul
Watching the night come in from the window
It'll all collapse tonight, the full moon is here again.

#18 Lawgiver

Lawgiver

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE(Vlawde @ Apr 25 2008, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like Vlawde, I'm a believer, however, I'm also probably the biggest skeptic. I think 99 % of paranormal things have a logical explanation.

So, since I agree with Vlawde so much, can I be the grumpy old woman ? wink.gif  

#19 Welsh_Girl

Welsh_Girl

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:29 AM

I believe. I had a moment when I was 17 after my Nana died, which turned me into a true believer. But also I feel shows like Dead Famous and Most Haunted are at times not that scary. Yet I do love those shows

#20 Phantastic

Phantastic

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:37 AM

I voted that I am a believer. A couple of years ago I had been watching something on tv about ghosts etc. I was by myself and decided to set the camcorder up on the landing between bedrooms (don't ask me why lol). I went downstairs and watched tv for about an hour, later when I looked at the footage from the camcorder there was a couple of orbs on there, maybe it was just dust I don't know really but it scared me a bit. My father died years ago, and I wondered if was anything to do with him. I also lost my dog a few years ago and swear I sometimes see him sitting outside the house.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users