• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ghostdreamer

ghostdreamer

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:43 AM

This still freaks me out, but I've got to find out other's opinions on it..so....here goes...
  Friday morning, I woke up around 5:30am.  I always sleep with the TV on, and woke up to the news...I don't remember exactly what was being discussed, but as I was looking over at the TV set, I saw my mother walk from my doorway, to my closet doorway (a straight line) and then dissappear.  The first thought was " what's she doing here?she's gonna fall!" b/c my room is a total mess.  My mother lives about 20+miles from me...she's 81 and has dementia with a lot of other medical problems, and the myriad of my free time is spent taking care of her.  (My daughter posts here a lot and has told me about posting for "good vibes" for me which I greatly appreciate!) I sat up, stunned...and waited for the call to tell me she had pased away in her sleep.  The call never came.  I called to check on her and she was fine, the caretaker said.  I went out that evening, and she was wearing the nightgown she had on when she "walked into my room".  I asked the caretaker who told me, yes, that's what she went to bed in last night and didn't want to change clothes today.   Why and how would I see an apparition of a living person?  I KNOW I wasn't dreaming, I was fully awake, looked at my cellphone for the time and it was 5:39 am when it happened.  
Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks for your input!!

#2 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:35 PM

Hi Dreamer, wow thanks for sharing that story. The only thing I can think of is a "doppelganger?" I had that happen once in my life, and it still freaks me out. Its said they can and do appear as a "warning" of something to happen. The female I saw, was dating my son and I drove to a certain area to see what she looks like. I have no idea who possessed me to do it, but I got some strange horrible feelings about her. I saw her as if she was sitting in front of me, but that was impossible because she was with my son in another town the entire day and at the dentist. Looking at her gave me goosebumps and terrible feelings of doom. Once I met her, I was shocked it was the same person. She turned out to be one evil female and he has nothing to do with her now. So what I am trying to say is, maybe seeing your Mom is a warning of something to come, and I dont mean that it is a negative occurance. Others here know more than I do about it, but maybe this can help you. Keep us posted..Doppelganger!
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#3 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:39 PM

Some people believe that "apparitions" of living people may be the result of astral projection (as in, you are seeing this person's astral self while they are asleep/meditating elsewhere).

#4 mainemom207

mainemom207

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Interests:History of places, haunted or not..
    Love cooking and making new things and new recipes are always fun! And well.. Love Cemeteries and Folklore and Love to hear of the History of the United States as well as Abroad.. which has a vast history all by itself!

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:46 PM

Thanks for sharing your story..which i find very interesting I am glad to hear that nothing happened to your mom though and all was okay... keep us posted though on events.. I really have nothing to add then what the other two above stated.. could be possibilities.. I appreciate you posting your experiences... thanks again.
Interested in spirits and the history of places..
Peace and Blessings, Lynne'

Posted Image

#5 squiggle

squiggle

EVP

• GS Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE(AugustineGStudy @ Jul 6 2009, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some people believe that "apparitions" of living people may be the result of astral projection (as in, you are seeing this person's astral self while they are asleep/meditating elsewhere).

that's what i thought of right away.  i'm sure she's visited your home before; she may have been dreaming of being there.  

now this is just my opinion...but if she's suffering from dementia, it would seem logical that the conscious part of our brains...the part that keep us in them, so to speak...might not be keeping the guard up quite as well as it did when she was younger and healthier.  maybe she's just closer to a thinner part of the veil and she was able to astral project to your home?

#6 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:26 PM

I woke up one night with sleep paralyses and was in the process of deciding if I wanted to astral travel or not when I saw my husband walk into my room and over to my Armoire. He opened the doors and started rummaging threw it then closed the doors and walked out of the room. My husband (ex husband now) never went into my Armoire, nothing in there except my cloths.

My husband worked night shift and I knew he wasn’t home so I figured I hallucinated and thought it was pretty cool/interesting because this was the first and only time I hallucinated when I was having sleep paralyses. I did snap myself out of the paralyses and check the house just to make sure. It seemed very real at the time.

So maybe your experience is somewhat similar to what I experienced since you saw your mother just as you woke up.

#7 ghostdreamer

ghostdreamer

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

Thanks so much for all of the feedback.  I have tried to explain to people who aren't familair with it (mostly younger people, i.e, my daughter, etc) that dementia is kinda of like living in a dream or semi conscious state, kinda like you're sleepwalking through your life, so the theories that have been presented to me seem to be plausible.  I have had several episodes of sleep paralysis in the past, but this did not seem like one of those.  Usually, there is something trying to attack me that I can never see..I can even feel it's weight on me and/or my bed...I have been able to grasp onto it, and felt a furry/scaly combination.  The only thing that brings me out of a sleep paralysis episode is repeating the Lord's Prayer in my head, or reciting some type of scripture.  I did nothing of the sort this time, and still feel I was fully awake, but....I guess I'll never know.  I will say this, though....mom was very lethargic yesterday and today, barely able to stay awake long enough to eat and take her meds. She gets like this when she is getting a UTI, and usually ends up in the hospital for a week or more,  so maybe she was trying to let me know to keep an extra close eye on her for a while....

#8 petunia4998

petunia4998

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:02 AM

I believe AugustineG got it right.  It is astral projection.  bunny.gif

#9 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,561 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:44 AM

Good ol' astral travel.... It's easier to do in your sleep, and dementia might even make it easier.

I've accidentally scared the crud out of people having done it unintentionally. (I went to sleep or took a nap when I was worrying about someone... and that's the person who sees me, miles and miles away.   I usually don't realize what I've done till I'm woken by the panicked phone call, "are you OK? I heard your voice/saw you just now."

#10 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:38 AM

I believe that the astral projection theory suggested here is correct.  The first thing I thought (even before I opened the thread) is "what do you think your mother wanted?"

I have had experiences with others coming to me, albeit not physically, I've been called several times both while I'm absolutely awake (like, in the process of lying down after finishing up some work or getting a drink of water in the middle night) and been awakened out of a sound sleep.

I've also done it to others.  On numerous occasions I've had the exact same dream from a different perspective than another person or another several people.  People have also heard me call them when I've wanted them... both when I've done it consciously and when I've simply wanted them badly.  The most verifiable incidence is when my father passed away.  There were several family members that gathered in astral form to be with him in his last moments, including a man I didn't recognize but saw a few days later at the memorial service.  We can all describe exactly who was there and exactly what happened when he passed.  Since I was going to go up to see him later that day, I also saw my stepmother dialing the phone and hurried back to answer it before it woke my husband up.  I had my hand on the phone and was fully awake when it rang -- at 4:15 -- and answered my husband's question of "who's that" before I spoke to the person on the other end with "It's [stepmother's name], Dad just died."

I wouldn't worry about it being a doppelganger or any other sort of warning.  Your mother wanted you for something and came over to see you and probably forgot what she wanted.  I wouldn't be surprised if this starts happening now.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#11 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:12 PM

It's just as likely to have an imprint from one that is still alive in my opinion. I heard from several investigators about the tracing of an evp to a living person. This would also suggest time slips as a possibility.

#12 ghostdreamer

ghostdreamer

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:21 PM

Thanks again for all of the input.  I'm leaning toward the astral travel thing, myself.  Not that I doubt anything about the REM theory, but I had been awake for a few minutes, watching the news....
Since that morning, I haven't seen her here anymore, but we did have a scare with her a few nights ago and took her to the hospital, with heart palpitations and chest pain.  Good ol' dementia kicked right in...making her very uncooperative to say the least.  (unfamiliar surroundings make her worse) so, because of her "disposition", her dr suggested we just take her home and hope for the best, which is what we are doing.  
Thanks again, everyone!!! innocent0005.gif

#13 Scoobysnackss

Scoobysnackss

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:36 PM

I made an account specifically to comment on this. When I was around 6 or 7 I DISTINCTLY remember sitting up in my mothers bed waiting on her to lay down with me so she could rub my back. I didn't like going to sleep alone and she was washing dishes so I sat there staring at something, a toy or book. Probably a Polly Pocket. My dad was watching TV in the living room. I hadn't watched anything scary and all the lights were on, there was literally no reason to have been over reacting with suspicious imagination or anything. I looked up because I saw my mother out the corner of my eye entering the room. She was wearing her nightie and she had this blank emotionless look on her face that was a bit concerning so I called to her and she ignored me and walked a straight line across the room through the wall. I jumped up and ran screaming into the kitchen and there she was, awake, in her nightie, washing dishes. I explained what happened and she brushed it off but like I said, it was pretty traumatic and I know what I saw. I think that throws astral projection out of the window in my case, it was just unnerving and I have wondered about it a lot throughout my life. My mother is still alive and healthy so it wasn't some kind of omen, just completely unrelated and weird and I'm pretty relieved to hear that other people have experienced it too.

#14 karmacae

karmacae

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Interests:Family, life, art and antiques

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:43 AM

I have had a few encounters of copy cat spooks. One was a few years back about 2011, when I was staying at my moms with my two kids. Me and my mom was in the living room watching a movie and the kiddos were in the room next to us sitting on the floor playing games on their laptops. We could see them cuz the door was open to the room. Any who, while me and mom was watching TV, I noticed something moving out in the yard through the window next to me. Naturally I looked out to see what was running across the yard, behold it was my son, wearing his favorite long sleeved tee at the time. He was haullung as fast as his legs could carry him towards the cattle pond out back. Mind you he was forbidden to go to without adult supervision. I looked to my right and my boy was still on his game with his sister. My son outside was still hauling it to the pond. He vanished right before he made it to the pond. My mom watched him also and told me she sees him from time to time doing the same thing wearing the same clothes. But then again, moms home had some major activity issues.
Ní thuigeann an seach an seang

#15 Smurf

Smurf

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:22 AM

Your mother was out of her body while dreaming. She was teleported to your home through the power of a higher angel in either kingdom.

Edited by Smurf, 21 December 2015 - 11:24 AM.

#16 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:12 PM

When people have dementia some people believe that they have one foot on this earth plane and one on the other side.  It is highly likely that as others mentioned, that your mother astral projected herself to you while experiencing lucid dreaming.  It is their way of letting us know...they are still in there even if they cannot let us know when they are awake or interacting with us.  I believe your mom was simply checking on you.

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#17 brooooook

brooooook

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:13 PM

Astral sounds right

#18 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:18 AM

View PostAmethyst, on 30 December 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

When people have dementia some people believe that they have one foot on this earth plane and one on the other side.  It is highly likely that as others mentioned, that your mother astral projected herself to you while experiencing lucid dreaming.  It is their way of letting us know...they are still in there even if they cannot let us know when they are awake or interacting with us.  I believe your mom was simply checking on you. Amethyst

That makes perfect sense, Amethyst! ........you have once again given us something pretty powerful to ponder.  :)

#19 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,524 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:37 PM

View PostAmethyst, on 30 December 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

When people have dementia some people believe that they have one foot on this earth plane and one on the other side.  It is highly likely that as others mentioned, that your mother astral projected herself to you while experiencing lucid dreaming.  It is their way of letting us know...they are still in there even if they cannot let us know when they are awake or interacting with us.  I believe your mom was simply checking on you.

Amethyst

I agree with Jim!  That's a good way of looking at it!  Thanks Amethyst!
Posted Image