Free Skins
© Fisana

I Need To Figure Out This Ghost Photo! Can You Help?

ghost window glass

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:35 AM

Photo was taken December 6th 2008
GhostStudy received this photo from Rish in 2011 but we never posted it. But now I am reconsidering it.
Is there a reasonable explanation for this anomaly in the photo? ...or could the supernatural be a consideration?
Could it be a ghostly head with a rod going through it's head, as suggested? Or two supernatural entities swinging on a rod?? Or what??
I guess one explanation to consider would be something small hanging in front of the lens at the time of the snap.
I just need some additional eyes on this if you can help.  : )

Here is the submitters comments:
Rish writes, “I took this photo a while ago on 6th December 2008 with my camera phone.

The photo is of my brother who has Down's Syndrome and I just took it randomly at home. I didn't really pay any attention until I looked back through my photos and noticed a bit of a blurry image to the top left. When I zoomed in I noticed what appears to be an image of a ghostly woman looking towards the camera with some sort of stick going through her head(?).

Now I'm not a believer in ghosts or paranormal activity normally but this gave me the shock of my life! I've shown this to a few people who are also quite skeptical but are baffled. Some people have even suggested it could be a guardian angel if you believe stuff like that! I still have the photo on my phone and it looks better on that, sometimes if you look from a distance the image looks a bit better. Other people I’ve shown it to have no idea what I'm on about and think I'm bonkers.

Thought I would share it with your website. Would appreciate if you could take a look and give any feedback."

Here is the Original Photo plus Enhancements:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Many thanks for any help offered!

#2 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,556 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:44 AM

I just see a hamster holding on to a lamp / fan  cord. (the one for the switch)

Poor thing is hanging on for dear life with both front and back feet.

(kinda want to punch the photographer) totally staged. and NOT funny.

#3 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:02 PM

I agree with Trin, I can see it's hands, feet, mouth, even the little pink nose. I have to admit, it didn't click until I read Trin's response, and it's clearly what it is, in my opinion. I thought it might have been a flaming marshmallow at first ^_^

Attached Files

Edited by Roxstar, 13 November 2014 - 02:13 PM.

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#4 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,556 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:08 PM

though it might be a knitting needle with the hamster's tush on the ball end  if it's not a lamp/ fan pull cord.

#5 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:19 PM

I see a mouse pole dancing and gyrating in a very provocative manner while simultaneously singing praises to ceiling cat. Probably just a bug and pareidolia :D

Yeah it's a mouse/hamster being dangled in front of the camera ;)
- siguie -

#6 kevinscan

kevinscan

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    Friends
    Horror & Sci-fi
    A good mystery
    Star Wars
    Hiking

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:59 PM

Cotton wool on a stick (Q-tip, cotton bud) close to camera.
Posted Image

"Ghosts are not conscious entities, but emotional energy recorded in matter"

Sir Oliver Lodge

#7 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:54 PM

I thought Qtip at first but something seemed off.

Then I read Trin's reply.

Nailed it- it's definitely a hammy.
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#8 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:18 PM

View Postsiguie, on 13 November 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

I see a mouse pole dancing and gyrating in a very provocative manner while simultaneously singing praises to ceiling cat. Probably just a bug and pareidolia :D

Yeah it's a mouse/hamster being dangled in front of the camera ;)

LOL now that is funny :happy0194:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#9 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:45 PM

View Postklainey, on 13 November 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

LOL now that is funny :happy0194:Spot on my friends. Yes that wee hamster should be getting paid!!!!! Man I haven't seen moves like that in forever..... well maybe last weekend Don't judge :Picture 562:

#10 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:06 AM

Hamster used as fake ghost! Oh, the humanity! Seriously? :Picture 562:
Who you gonna call?

#11 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:23 AM

This really is one of those pictures that when you see it, it sticks and you see it every time you look at it after seeing what it actually is. I even thought it might have been blown glass on the end of a stick. The image just didn't make sense, until it made sense... :thanks: Trin

Edited by Roxstar, 14 November 2014 - 05:27 AM.

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#12 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:34 AM

View PostRoxstar, on 14 November 2014 - 05:23 AM, said:

This really is one of those pictures that when you see it, it sticks and you see it every time you look at it after seeing what it actually is. I even thought it might have been blown glass on the end of a stick. The image just didn't make sense, until it made sense... :thanks: Trin
Roxstar you put into words exactly what I was thinking!

#13 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:29 PM

I'm actually seeing a Rat on the left side.  :)

The only reason I didn't completely dismiss the photo was because the submitter's letter was so well worded and with good detail. So I gave it further consideration by posting it here for everyone's thoughts. So the consensus seems to be a rodent. And that's probably the case. So I won't be posting the photo in the gallery.

Thanks everyone.... and if anyone else has any thoughts on the matter, please post them!  :)

#14 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:36 PM

I think it should be in the gallery as a "humorous" shot....  

I figured it was a hamster because there's not a long thick tail evident and the golden brown color in it's fur is most common in hamsters and gerbils rather than rats &  mice.

also I don't think it's someone holding the rodent by the tail, because 1) tails are not that strong (they snap off and it's traumatic for human witnesses)  and 2) the thing  he's clinging too is a consistent thickness and not tapered as a tail would be.

(Now I'm reminicing about all the small critters: gerbils, hamsters and yes, rats I'd had as pets over the years.)

#15 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:14 PM

It's obviously the adorableness that is...... :bunny: HAMSTER! :bunny:

Thing is, I didn't see it as that until Trin pointed it out.....

.....Now it's SO OBVIOUS!

Nice try, Rish (whoever you are). :down:

Edited by SpukiKitty, 18 November 2014 - 02:14 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Pooky

Pooky

Beware of Pooky

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:I like to go human haunting and that's all you need to know.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:45 PM

I think it's my uncle elmer
Okay, it's true already, now leave me alone

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ghost, window, glass