• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jsick

jsick

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:49 PM

my friend would love to get into ghost hunting but we dont know were to start or what suplies we need to hunt.   ANY IDEAS??!?!?!?!?!?!   we both have seen ghosts before so we are realy interested.sorry about the spelling error it sopose to say i am new *!!!!

#2 lusher36

lusher36

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts of course!

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:23 AM

Personally (and this is just my opinion) I think the first place to start is research, and alot of it.

Read these boards and get as much information about what you are hunting before you actually go out and hunt. I say this for several reasons.....

1)If you are truely interested then you had better get used to sitting for long hours at a time doing what seems like nothing much because that is what it is like sometimes, in the field as well as afterwards when you sitting and analyzing all the hours of data you have collected.

2)You really should have a bit of an idea of the types of things you may run into when out there in the field. You could be seeing something and not even realizing it or visa versa, seeing something you think is paranormal when there is a reasonable explaination for it.

3)You have to be ready to explain why something is or is not paranormal activity, and also ready to accept other people's opinions on it afterwards.

4)With alot of these hunts can be real people being affected, sometimes in very negative ways. You need to know what area of investigating you want to do and if you are brand new at this, I don't recommend helping people until you are much more experienced to deal with it.

After you have done the research you need to do and decide how serious you want to be in this, I recommend you startout small with a couple of decent digital cameras, video camera and a couple of audio recorders (tape or digital, really doesn't matter as long as you have good headphones that completely cover your ears to listen to the audios later)

Like I said, read, study, and consider what you are doing or planning on doing. What ever you do, always remember that there are alot of people in this field that are trying real hard to better the information out there and to find true evidence that the paranormal do exist.

Hope this helps.

Prince Edward Island Ghost Hunters Society
As a person who is interested in the paranormal,
You know that the first thing to do is to identify what it is not.
Only then can you look at what it might be.

#3 XSultryKittenX

XSultryKittenX

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:02 PM

Hey Lusher,

I'm actually planning on starting my own paranormal research group, as well.  I'm low on funds, so I'm thinking that some of the more advanced equipment will be out of my reach in the immediate future.  Aside from that, what other kind of equipment would you recommend?  Also, do you know of any books that might help me get started?

Thanks!!

~Heather
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Madeleine:  Oh Scottie. I'm not mad. I'm not mad. I don't want
to die. There's someone within me and she says I must die. Oh Scottie, don't let me go.
Scottie: I'm here. I've got you.
Madeleine: I'm so afraid. Don't leave me. Stay with me.
Scottie: All the time.

#4 CraigK

CraigK

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:14 AM

The short answer to your question is:

1.  Digital Camera w/tripod
2.  Infrared Video Camera (Sony w/"Nightshot" feature)
3.  EMF Reader
4.  Flashlights w/extra betteries
5.  Log book & pen
6.  Ambient Digital Thermometer
7.  Digital Voice Recorder (for EVPs)
8.  Prayer of protection
9.  Working partner
10. Two-way radios for communication with team

I prefer the ambient digital thermometers because they check area temperature versus surface temperature.  If you use a surface temperature thermometer you're just getting the temperature of the exact spot the laser light is hitting.

I listed Prayer of Protection because it is very important to protect yourself from evil entities that might want to attach themselves to you.

A working partner is important because you shouldn't go out alone.  Who's going to help you if you get hurt?

I'm no expert and learning just like you but I wanted to share what little I did know.  I hope it helps.

Edited by CraigK, 12 September 2008 - 09:18 AM.

#5 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:02 PM

You should do a search on the topics here, I am sure this one has come up several times.

#6 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,267 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:58 PM

Lusher has some good suggestions.
Posted Image

#7 siguie

siguie

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:27 PM

I say just go find a spot {haunted or not} then practice with what you've got whatever it happens to be :yes:

All of the toys are great to have but pretty much nothing will "prove" to anyone else you caught anything paranormal. So I suggest just getting some experience and posting about them. Then when you do start collecting toys and capturing data be sure and post that too :yes:

Ghost toys tend to be expensive so figure out what interests you and get a little experience first that's my opinion  :)
- siguie -

#8 Kwekwe

Kwekwe

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:18 AM

I'd say on the cheap a knockoff SJ4000 Action camera with the Infrared Cut filter removed making it a Full Spectrum camera will be cheaper than a Sony with Nightshot. Look on YouTube, I and others have videos showing how it's done. It's NOT difficult. I paid $35 for the one I used to test if it worked well. I was shocked at how well it works with my Solarforce L2 flashlight with an infrared insert works.

And on the CHEAP
Gravesend Paranormal Group https://www.youtube....LnoD411Cx2IgEbA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users