• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#141 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,630 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:21 AM

View Postsiguie, on 12 November 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

Get a good microphone {or at least one with an acceptable frequency range} and your good to go :yes: You can get plenty of high end microphones for android and iphones made to go with video too :yes:

I like that... I may give it a try myself.  :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#142 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:21 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 13 November 2017 - 02:07 AM, said:

We like you Posted ImagePosted Image Maybe it is a good thing don't like you

Awwwwwwwww Posted Image yer just sayin that so I'll keep answering yer silly tech questions Posted Image

Dang wiminz and their wiles Posted Image

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 13 November 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

I like that... I may give it a try myself.  :)

https://clipchamp.co...5/1-768x537.jpg

Yup it's also an easy way to check the characteristics of microphones PLUS with more than one mic you can start getting more information like directionality  or just how sound travels through objects :yes:

I have an old OLD boundary mic {think PZM} that I can put on hard surfaces like a cement foundation then tap along the foundation and tell where there is a crack or some form of "discontinuity" like a support beam. Then with a second mic and some temperature sensors I figured out the loud "groaning" sound upstairs is just the foundation noise when the support beam expands/contracts and NOT a moaning ghost :sigh:

Anywho just think of everything as modular, a cellphone can be just the recorder module then all you need is an appropriate microphone :yes: Just check to make sure your recording module can recognize it AND look at the frequency response to be sure it's what you want AND whether or not the mic needs additional power. Some like my boundary mic require additional batteries :yes:
- siguie -

#143 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:28 PM

I tried a boundary microphone 12 years ago with a shoebox cassette and ended up selling it 2 years later because of no results. On the other hand, I know other investigators have found success.

I believe there are many undetermined factors that allow you to capture EVP/AVP from hardware to the person conducting the audio session. My biggest success still come from phantom powered condenser microphones for AVP while dynamic microphones seem better suited for pure EVP. There is strong evidence that EVP isn't sound based but low level EMF which seems plausible since captures cannot be heard real time. There have been other studies where EVP has been recorded without a microphone entirely.

I can only go by what has worked for myself based loosely on Friedrich Jürgenson's early work and Sarah Estep's approach. Both of them came away with 20,000 + captures in their 30 years of tenure. Much of it is trial or error and patience and finding what works. Thinking outside to box seems to be more successful. Not everyone is suited to this work and some never are fortunate enough to even come away with a single capture. I'm not a audio magnet. I have to work very hard to get a decent capture usually taking multiple sessions but it has been rewarding when answers have come from Q&A or when you receive messages that are on a personal level which stands an investigator on his head knowing that it's not just stray radio wave interference.

Audio work in paranormal exploration will always be my focus. I quickly realized the majority of my evidence came from an auditory source many years ago. I love my camera but it's place is better suited for documentation in my opinion.

Edited by EVP, 13 November 2017 - 03:35 PM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#144 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:40 PM

View PostEVP, on 13 November 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

... There is strong evidence that EVP isn't sound based but low level EMF which seems plausible since captures cannot be heard real time. There have been other studies where EVP has been recorded without a microphone entirely.

Nah it's more like just a semi-plausible explanation that makes as much sense as anything else. I mean seriously just test it using the oscillating electromagnetic field of a speaker. I tried it with and without a microphone {without being just the long wire} also directly against the recorder.

Warning! Do NOT use your best equipment for this AND start with the smallest speakers you can find a BIG Speaker will likely do bad thangs to tape and anything electronic.

The cheapest carpiest mics gave some warble but anything with even a little shielding required pretty strong magnetic fluxing to make any sound BUT nothing was identifiable as speech which is what I was pumping through the speaker.

Now when you put the mic just the right distance away and at just the right angle then yeah I got something that sounded voice like but pretty unclear. Perhaps with more effort I could work out optimal conditions to get audio transferred this way BUT I got bored and found it hard to believe that ghost made EVPs this way.

IF you think this makes sense give it a shot maybe you'll have better results than me :yes:

That said I figured if ghosts did communicate through alternating EMF then a better way to capture their responses would be to use a fast response hall effect sensor and simply convert the output {Hall Effect transducers output varying voltages based on magnetic fields} to equivalent audio signals.

The good news is it's a better way to convert the magnetic flux of speakers to recognizable sounds, atleast up to about 200Hz {I need better/faster sensors}. The problem I see for capturing ghost voices this way is there's a lot of EM flux and more sensitivity just made it more noisy.

Anywho, I suspect any "evidence" that EVPs are EMF based are anecdotal ... it was an interesting idea :yes: BUT I couldn't get it to go anywhere BUT maybe others will have better luck.

Right now I'm eyeing Capt-Z's germanium thang for future research :yes:

Oh but like I said before I really think cellphones are perfectly acceptable for all sorts of ghost researching :yes:

Edited by siguie, 13 November 2017 - 06:42 PM.

- siguie -

#145 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:43 PM

Faraday and a bell jar was used sir. Not by me someone else. I concur that EVP isn't heard at the time and that conclusion makes sense to me from my decade of exploration. I always real time monitor. You're welcome to disagree and this is where we'll differ and there need be no further discussion .Jurgenson and Raudive used germanium  60 years ago btw. I've read their interesting research. See you out in the field sir.

Edited by EVP, 13 November 2017 - 06:47 PM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#146 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,630 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:50 PM

Wow... thanks guys, but that was way more info than my puny little brain can digest.  :wacko:

View Postsiguie, on 13 November 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

Oh but like I said before I really think cellphones are perfectly acceptable for all sorts of ghost researching :yes:

But I am excited about trying a wired mic with my cellphone. So I may be shopping for one soon.  :)  And I know just the haunted place to take it too! If I capture anything interesting, I'll post it here on the forums.    ;  )

Siguie... if you know of a decent one for under $20 I would love to consider it! The mic pictured below is under $5.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#147 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:33 PM

View Postsiguie, on 13 November 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

Awwwwwwwww Posted Image yer just sayin that so I'll keep answering yer silly tech questions Posted Image

Dang wiminz and their wiles Posted Image

Yup it's also an easy way to check the characteristics of microphones PLUS with more than one mic you can start getting more information like directionality  or just how sound travels through objects :yes:

I have an old OLD boundary mic {think PZM} that I can put on hard surfaces like a cement foundation then tap along the foundation and tell where there is a crack or some form of "discontinuity" like a support beam. Then with a second mic and some temperature sensors I figured out the loud "groaning" sound upstairs is just the foundation noise when the support beam expands/contracts and NOT a moaning ghost :sigh:

Anywho just think of everything as modular, a cellphone can be just the recorder module then all you need is an appropriate microphone :yes: Just check to make sure your recording module can recognize it AND look at the frequency response to be sure it's what you want AND whether or not the mic needs additional power. Some like my boundary mic require additional batteries :yes:

No... I know you will answer regardless ;) it is in your nature LOL
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#148 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:47 PM

Oh I wouldn't trust anything I recommend :no: For most of my experiments I used lapel mics that came with the recorders or hands free devices like Jabber and a couple of headset mics that came with computer thangs.

Before investing in anything check to see what your phones mic frequency response is, then choose one that's better and falls in your price range AND is known to work with your phone :yes: Then if you are buying from Amazon check the reviews against FakeSpot.

The way I purchase carp isn't for most people :no: I really am thinking of getting a microphone to use on my phone/tablet  BUT the USB mics are much better at the lower price range so I plan on getting one for about ~$20 then using an OTG plug to connect it to whatever I want which almost always involves tweaking stuff. Here's an easy how to from Techwiser which I might end up using.

Oh and just because it's in the same arena and that silly other hemisoherical Klaineyghurl will no doubt be asking ... you can also plug a usb webcam into smartphones. I used the USB Camera Trial app,  Why would anyone do this when smartphones work fine as webcams ... yeah good question ... I'm incredibly cheap and wanted to make a stereo video recording system.Worked, not great, but proof of concept :yes:

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 13 November 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

No... I know you will answer regardless ;) it is in your nature LOL

Curse you EBIL Woman !!! Posted Image
- siguie -

#149 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,630 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:09 AM

View Postsiguie, on 13 November 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

Before investing in anything check to see what your phones mic frequency response is, then choose one that's better and falls in your price range AND is known to work with your phone :yes: Then if you are buying from Amazon check the reviews against FakeSpot.

The way I purchase carp isn't for most people :no: I really am thinking of getting a microphone to use on my phone/tablet  BUT the USB mics are much better at the lower price range so I plan on getting one for about ~$20 then using an OTG plug to connect it to whatever I want which almost always involves tweaking stuff. Here's an easy how to from Techwiser which I might end up using.

Got it... thanks so much, Siguie.  B)
Posted Image

#150 Gmorals

Gmorals

Apport

• GS Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:47 AM

I'm sorry i had a family emergency so i haven't had a chance to write.update: my husband and i decided to light our house up by opening all the curtains in the whole house.The rooms that were not in use in months we actually put beds and tvs and made it cozy and cleaned up .while i was in the boys room setting up the tv, i was alone my husband was downstairs and i felt my body falling to the side.i had no control of my bodyfor a few secs.i caught myself and went to my room and sat on my bed.it was a weird feeling i never felt before.my husband came up and asked me if i was ok.i was pale and winded and after a few mins i was ok.i told my husband "this is our house and were taking it back no matter what" so we kept going.we got some guardian angel candles and a few white candles and lit them.The house felt better after.Theres a different vibe here and it lasted for a few days.Last night the kids went to bed around 8.my husband and i were laying in our room and i felt like we were being watched.i asked him if he shut the boys room door and he said yes.the door is brown so thats why i asked.i saw something black like peep around the corner and it darted back in.i jumped up and looked and nothing.i layed back down but kept looking and saw it 2 more times.it was at the top of the doorway so i know it wasn't one of the kids and surprisingly it didnt scare me.i looked at my husband and said "i think were being watched" he said "yea i think so" so i ignored it.

Btw the candles burnt out right before i saw the shadow in my room.so off to get more and some holy water too

#151 triccelli

triccelli

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, paranormal, history, art, writing and travel..

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:43 AM

View PostGmorals, on 17 November 2017 - 05:47 AM, said:

I'm sorry i had a family emergency so i haven't had a chance to write.update: my husband and i decided to light our house up by opening all the curtains in the whole house.The rooms that were not in use in months we actually put beds and tvs and made it cozy and cleaned up .while i was in the boys room setting up the tv, i was alone my husband was downstairs and i felt my body falling to the side.i had no control of my bodyfor a few secs.i caught myself and went to my room and sat on my bed.it was a weird feeling i never felt before.my husband came up and asked me if i was ok.i was pale and winded and after a few mins i was ok.i told my husband "this is our house and were taking it back no matter what" so we kept going.we got some guardian angel candles and a few white candles and lit them.The house felt better after.Theres a different vibe here and it lasted for a few days.Last night the kids went to bed around 8.my husband and i were laying in our room and i felt like we were being watched.i asked him if he shut the boys room door and he said yes.the door is brown so thats why i asked.i saw something black like peep around the corner and it darted back in.i jumped up and looked and nothing.i layed back down but kept looking and saw it 2 more times.it was at the top of the doorway so i know it wasn't one of the kids and surprisingly it didnt scare me.i looked at my husband and said "i think were being watched" he said "yea i think so" so i ignored it.

Btw the candles burnt out right before i saw the shadow in my room.so off to get more and some holy water too

Great job Gmorals and thanks for the update !! It sounds like what you are doing is working :D !!
Lies are like scars on your soul, they destroy you...

#152 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:05 AM

I hope things are settling down :D and your emergency is way behind you.

Thanks for the update too
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#153 Gmorals

Gmorals

Apport

• GS Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:37 AM

Thank you! Its actually been a couple of good days.i hope it stays this way lol

#154 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy