Confirmation?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Altersense

Altersense

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:It would be easier for me to list the things I am not interested in.
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude
    Romance Novels/Hallmark or Lifetime Channel
    That pretty much sums me up....everything else is on the table(:

Posted 15 August 2021 - 09:12 AM

I am in the habit of spending a good deal of my Saturday morning and afternoon on the study of texts of a spiritual nature. The bible of course but also others. Ive read a great deal that were found along side the dead sea scrolls in various caves. Most interest chiefly lies in prophecy and I will not elaborate on that. Last night, well this morning, I guess,  everyone was asleep. I was the last to bed. It was about 12:30 a.m. I remember I was in bed, praying, because my studies do leave me disturbed at what I am finding, correlating events throughout history to modern times as I do. So, laying down, I was in heartfelt prayer. I don't even remember the question I asked. I know it was rhetorical in nature. And a plea. Just as I had asked, the power went out for three seconds and came back on. Honestly, it felt like I was being acknowledged. But, perhaps just a well timed coincidence. Our electricity had never gone out here. I'm in Texas and even during the winter storm, and though I knew many without electricity close by, my lights never so much as flickered.

Anyways, I have a very good track record on answered prayers but this was different. its prompted me to ask if anyone has ever had an odd coincidence during or after a prayer that seemed like an answer, confirmation, or acknowledgement?

#2 Gothickangel

Gothickangel

Gothickangel.ca

• GS Member
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Blogging, Shamanisn, The Occult (studying only), Spirit Guides, Astral Projection, Website & Digital Media, Drawing, Camping and Gardening.

Posted 16 August 2021 - 06:41 AM

I grew up in a catholic household but never felt called to it, so just went with it for 'show face' to keep my family happy. I am a spiritual person. In my own experience, I am not dissing anyone religious. I know people who follow it and find peace and such from it. To me the term prayer in the religious sense had never done anything for me. However once I began the path of my Native bloodline that all changed. I kinda of nic named it 'communing with the universe'. Its deep thoughts and such trying to connect with that energy. Anyways once I fall asleep I will get vivid dreams in all senses detail. And the replies I get are wonderful, insightful and informative. Will also help my perception on the situation if need be. For me those 'beings' who come forward range from different belief systems and or passed family.
I also love to study or experience different beliefs. I have friends or family who follow different paths and I've interacted with their services, or mass, etc. I also love to read the texts myself and find out about the ones taken out of history for the common people. Like the book of Enoch, Bible, Book of Christ, Book of Mary, the Talmud, etc. There is alot of similarities in all of the doctrines, etc. While some seems man made. At least to me. But it is so interesting. It also helps to understand people more.

Posted Image

Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.

#3 Altersense

Altersense

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:It would be easier for me to list the things I am not interested in.
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude

Posted 18 August 2021 - 04:54 PM

I agree! I went through a death of the ego of sorts. I realized if I was going to have any concept of what might really be going on, I was going to have to be completely neutral. My journey has placed me outside of religion, whose etymology, (the oldest one that is generally dismissed or briefly mentioned like, "Oh yeah, there is this inconsequential original meaning. Nothing to see here.", lol) actually has negative connotations. We have confused religion with spirituality and I am not sure Religion wasn't created by a group of individuals or organizations to partition us from our source. Interestingly, the Catholic church hunted my ancestors because they not only had copies of the bible but they could read it and they were going from village to village showing people what the bible said which was heavily in contrast to the church. The ones they caught burned at the stake with a bible chained to them. Some of the members of the family either escaped to or was imprisoned at Corsica for a time (this is what I was told by three different family members and a professor) before they ended up around Cornwall, then America. To this day, we carry a counterfeit surname. The historian said it was lost, unfortunately.
I have read all of those texts. I love to read! My prayers have been answered so consistently I decided to put it to the test to make sure these weren't flukes. 100% success rate. The last test before I put it to bed, this may sound horrible, but I was always taught not to pray for money. Well, why? I mean, if your going to use it for legitimately good reasons. So, I prayed for a good amount in the thousands. Now, I wasn't in a dire situation but as a parent, definitely had needs to use that money. I never discuss my financial situation or wants or needs with anyone. Money really isn't something I focus on so I thought this would be a good indicator as I wasn't expecting any other than what I earned, and no one saw me as a person in need. 3 days later someone I hadn't talked to in years handed someone I knew an envelope with that exact amount. I had told no one about that prayer. When I asked my friend what reason that person gave for giving me money, she said they just wanted to give me a gift. I stopped wondering if my prayers were heard at that point or if these were happy coincidences. These prayers are always answered three days from the prayer. I dont know what significance, if any, that is.

I think whatever a person does, faith, which I feel is more than a belief, determines the results. It may be the reason you've had results by one means and not another. Perhaps religions' misrepresentation of the Creator, or whatever a person wants to call it, never allowed you to establish that relationship by that means, because your view had been tainted. So, you found an avenue that does allow you to try to connect to that energy.
This was just the first time I felt like I received immediate acknowledgement. I am done doubting, lol.
I love the book of Mary. Have you read the Book of Thomas?
I will say I am outside of Religion for now. I am still very much on my journey.

View PostGothickangel, on 16 August 2021 - 06:41 AM, said:

I grew up in a catholic household but never felt called to it, so just went with it for 'show face' to keep my family happy. I am a spiritual person. In my own experience, I am not dissing anyone religious. I know people who follow it and find peace and such from it. To me the term prayer in the religious sense had never done anything for me. However once I began the path of my Native bloodline that all changed. I kinda of nic named it 'communing with the universe'. Its deep thoughts and such trying to connect with that energy. Anyways once I fall asleep I will get vivid dreams in all senses detail. And the replies I get are wonderful, insightful and informative. Will also help my perception on the situation if need be. For me those 'beings' who come forward range from different belief systems and or passed family.
I also love to study or experience different beliefs. I have friends or family who follow different paths and I've interacted with their services, or mass, etc. I also love to read the texts myself and find out about the ones taken out of history for the common people. Like the book of Enoch, Bible, Book of Christ, Book of Mary, the Talmud, etc. There is alot of similarities in all of the doctrines, etc. While some seems man made. At least to me. But it is so interesting. It also helps to understand people more.

Edited by Altersense, 18 August 2021 - 04:56 PM.

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 19 August 2021 - 04:45 AM

My son was literally shot in the head at the age of 17. When we drove the 5 hours to be with our son who was medically airlifted to a larger hospital. I became aware of a crucifix illuminated in the night sky it was just like looking at the moon (the scenery would occlude parts of the cross) . I know that night I was in deep in prayer along with many others.The surgeon said it was a miracle he survived; the bullet split into 3 pieces and travelled 2 1/2 inches into his brain. The surgeon explained most people die from head shot wounds and brain tissue is different from other tissue as it would have closes in behind the bullet fragments but each piece of the bullet travelled the same path.

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 Gothickangel

Gothickangel

Gothickangel.ca

• GS Member
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Blogging, Shamanisn, The Occult (studying only), Spirit Guides, Astral Projection, Website & Digital Media, Drawing, Camping and Gardening.

Posted 19 August 2021 - 04:40 PM

Book of Thomas I have to look into that. If its online I can use my online reader for my vision issues. Of its audio like the Book of Enoch is.
Yes I do believe in miracles had so many in my life and families that were super human or supernatural saves. Ill write it up soon and add it to the forums.

Posted Image

Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.

#6 Altersense

Altersense

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • 113 posts
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude

Posted 21 August 2021 - 08:10 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 19 August 2021 - 04:45 AM, said:

My son was literally shot in the head at the age of 17. When we drove the 5 hours to be with our son who was medically airlifted to a larger hospital. I became aware of a crucifix illuminated in the night sky it was just like looking at the moon (the scenery would occlude parts of the cross) . I know that night I was in deep in prayer along with many others.The surgeon said it was a miracle he survived; the bullet split into 3 pieces and travelled 2 1/2 inches into his brain. The surgeon explained most people die from head shot wounds and brain tissue is different from other tissue as it would have closes in behind the bullet fragments but each piece of the bullet travelled the same path.

Wow, what an experience! I am so sorry he and your family went through that trauma.
Very happy to hear he survived and got a second chance at life!

View PostGothickangel, on 19 August 2021 - 04:40 PM, said:

Book of Thomas I have to look into that. If its online I can use my online reader for my vision issues. Of its audio like the Book of Enoch is.
Yes I do believe in miracles had so many in my life and families that were super human or supernatural saves. Ill write it up soon and add it to the forums.

Look forward to reading it.