My Haunted Theater

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Teperehmi

Teperehmi

EVP

• GS Member
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Music, writing, drawing, 80's rock, my guitars, live music!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

So I thought I would finally share my haunted theater where I work.

I work at a movie theater.  And it is very haunted.  Back in last February a woman actually died in one of the hallways.  She was elderly and had some heart problems and she just stopped breathing.  Before that happened there had been some weird unexplainable sounds.  But after that everything quickly escalated.  Lights will turn on and off.  Movies will randomly start up, sometimes after the projector was entirely shut off.  Movies will randomly pause, unpause, pause, unpause.  Thumps and clicks have been heard all over the building.  One of my coworkers was on the third floor and she saw a shadow pass across the schedule she was holding.  A shadowman has been seen twice now by two different people in two different locations.  An interesting thing that i noticed was that he was seen in a doorway both times.  One of the people described him as "pointy."    A giant speaker (and these are really heavy) fell over out of nowhere.  We've heard loud crashes only to discover that nothing fell over.  Ceiling tiles have gotten moved.  One night after the doors were locked myself and two other managers were up in the projection booth and all three of our radios went off at once (no one else had a radio in the building).  We have had two people hear a wailing sound in the lobby.  We have had customers come up to us and ask if the place was haunted.  I have heard drawers open and close in one of the offices.  You can't walk on the third floor without feeling like there's something directly behind you.  One of my managers was powering up the imax and she heard footsteps and keys jingling that kept coming closer and closer to her.  We have had amps turn themselves off.  We have had menu boards turn themselves back on after we turned them off.  We have had the lights in the theaters switch themselves off randomly.  It's gotten to the point where no one will go into the projection booth or the third floor to shut off projectors by themselves.  At the end of the night we all power things off in a little tight group.

#2 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

I love stories about haunted theatres.  Theatres and old hospitals are two of my most favourite subjects when it comes to the paranormal.

You are lucky to have such a cool place to work but I don't blame you for closing down in small groups.  There is no way you would get me doing anything alone in a haunted theatre.

I live in England and our theatres have the reputation of being some of the most haunted theatres in the world and with so many of them in close proximity there are plenty of ghost stories.  I actually don't know of a theatre in the UK that doesn't have at least 1 famous ghost.  Even the small local ones have stories that go way back.  Whether they are just stories old workers have made up or genuine experiences.

Way back when I was at junior school we were lucky enough to go to a Christmas show in the West End of London (London is only 40 minutes away from me) and then some of us were able to take a tour of a neighbouring theatre, namely the Theatre Royal in Drury Lane.  It has one of the most famous theatre ghosts in London and is reputed to be the oldest most famous and most. haunted theatre in the world

Fancy working there?  I would! ....not by myself though haha!

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I Posted Image One Direction. Harry 4Ever!

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:13 AM

Oh wow, what a place to work! But I agree with Pumpkin, I wouldn't want to work there on my lonesome :fright:  

I work in the other type of theatre (the hospital) and I can say I have had some strange experiences too!

Here is one :show:

I could hear one of the cleaners in the theatre and realising she was about to turn off the lights I stuck my head out to ask her not to turn the lights off yet. Unfortunately, I was to late and the theatre was plunged into darkness as the cleaner moved to make her way to the little anteroom off the theatre, she hadn't realised I was in the anteroom. Well, she wasn't a very happy cleaner and we were both startled as the lights mysteriously turned themselves back on.

Has anyone else had any freaky experiences? :pop:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:59 PM

:no: not in a theatre.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop