#1 MacQdor

MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:24 PM

The Maria José Ferreira - Poltergeist Case

In December 1965, in Jabuticabal, 220 miles from São Paulo, Brazil, a respectable Catholic family became the centre of malicious and violent poltergeist activity. To begin with, pieces of brick began falling inside the house, seemingly from nowhere. A local priest attempted an exorcism but this only made things worse.............................................

http://www.mapit.kk5...eist/4541581991
Attitude is your acceptance of the natural laws, or your rejection of the natural laws

#2 biblophile

biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, books art

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:40 AM

that is the most extreme poltergeist case I have ever heard.

#3 MacQdor

MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:25 AM

That case and the Bell Witch Poltergeist case IMO are the scariest Poltergeists cases on record.  Similar endings, both people died possibly through torment.

I hate to think of how it would have felt to experience what we lived through say 50+ years ago. Let alone in a 3rd world country.
Attitude is your acceptance of the natural laws, or your rejection of the natural laws

#4 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,826 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:04 PM

It seems to me that this Poltergeist activity was due to an entity attachment. And that attachment was to the girl. I guess many would suggest that the activity was being unconsciously generated by the girl. Maybe, but that's not my interpretation. But I do believe there was an attachment due to the girls weakened emotional state, which is usually the case in a poltergeist haunting. In other words, she was a target to feed from. And then at some point, the entity lashed out and began to show it's true self as evil and diabolical. And that's when the attacks started to focus on the girl as well.

A poltergeist haunting is fascinating and so much more can be learned from future cases!
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#5 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

The Bell Witch case was so much more than just a poltergeist. It had multiple personalities haunting the Bell Family and for that matter the community. Most poltergeist cases seem centered around a human agent whereas the Bell Witch case was more "spirit based" in nature.

A great read is from Pat Fitzhugh "The Bell Witch - The Full Account".

He spent 25 years sifting through town records, deeds, historical documentation, personal accounts and such. It's a very thorough body of work considering the time period where documentation in general was scarce.

The Bell Witch Case was the catalyst for my initial interest into paranormal study.

If you're interested in poltergeist in general check out the writings of Nandor Fodor a student of Carl Jung who performed intensive study in his tenure.

A real interesting experiment was performed by the Toronto Psychical Society with the "The Philip Experiment" in 1972 where a panel of researchers created a poltergeist of their own doing.

The Philip Experiment

Keep in mind that real poltergeist activity is exceedingly rare and must be filtered accordingly because of the abundance of disingenuous accounts and trickery.

Edited by EVP, 21 March 2017 - 06:12 PM.

#6 MacQdor

MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:29 PM

Thanks for the info EVP.  I have a question and it stems from reading both the Brazil case above and the Bell Witch case.   The Bell Witch case is multifacet to me. I find it the most haunting of all cases, severely underrated IMO.    

For the sake of argument lets say all accounts are true.  What are we saying visited this family? A Poltergeist, a Demon, a Elemental?   What?

Accounts say the "Witch" as some called it was able to speak? Not only that it was able to speak it was also able predict when it would bring havoc unto the family.  I believe there was a lull period of a few years.  It predicted its departure and it predicted it's return?

Question:

1.)  if this thing did speak, then what's speaking?  Are we saying Poltergeists have the ability to speak.

2.)  Is the classification of Poltergeist incorrect based on the account that people (the family) reporting a witch they called Kate actually spoke?

Ex. The apparition began to speak out loud and have full conversations and even at one point repeating word for word two sermons given 13 miles apart at the same time. [4] (taken from WIKI)

And if it did speak. Are we talking about a Disembodied voice, a quality of EVP or speak in the sense of you and me?

I've been trying to wrap my head around this story for years based on my experience.

I will check the info you provided (above).

Thanks

#7 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 8,826 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:37 PM

My belief is that most Poltergeist hauntings are demonic. I elaborated on another thread. As most of us know however, many believe that the activity is being unconsciously generated by a teenage child.
Posted Image

#8 MacQdor

MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:29 PM

That's my thinking to Jim.  The characteristics of both just seem to similar to ignore.  I mean if we take all the attributes of a demon what limits them from doing or being whatever they want?  

While the word Poltergeist might mean "noisy ghost" I've not seen one case where the word ghost is justified.  

Ghost seems to be inaccurately stated.

#9 dragga

dragga

False Positive

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

The Bell Witch is nothing but folklore:

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4118Also, the Philip Experiment is full of b.s. as well:http://skeptophilia.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-invention-of-philip.html

Edited by dragga, 22 March 2017 - 12:49 PM.

#10 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 8,826 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

We need to consider both sides and not just a skeptics view on a skeptical website... in my humble opinion.
Posted Image

#11 MacQdor

MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

Agree

A skeptic who's makes their career at being a skeptic is going to forever be a skeptic.  (I've spoken to them all)

Tons of folklore have elements of truth in them.   There's enough about the Bell Witch haunting, tons of stuff.  Even if ten percent of it was true , that ten percent would still be worthy of discussion, as we're doing now.

My mission right now is to find the common denominator out of all of them.  Exposing that common denominator is going to provide us a wealth of knowledge.

Posted Image
An artists impression of mischievous little devils.  By Spooner

#12 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:43 PM

The Phillip experiment is fascinating !

I agree with what others have said - I think that typically poltergeists are demonic entities. I think it's a certain type of energy that attracts and creates an environment that is opportune for the activity to increase.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#13 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:57 PM

View Postearthlydelites, on 22 March 2017 - 11:43 PM, said:

The Phillip experiment is fascinating !

I agree with what others have said - I think that typically poltergeists are demonic entities. I think it's a certain type of energy that attracts and creates an environment that is opportune for the activity to increase.

Earthly, you might want to look into Nandor Fodor's decades worth of studying the phenomena. Often once the human was removed from the location, the activity completely stopped. Poltergeist activity was most commonly observed with female prepubescent teens in turmoil and lasted for very short durations. Nandor suggested only a small percentage of activity was spiritually  based.

The Bell Witch is nothing but folklore:

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4118Also, the Philip Experiment is full of b.s. as well:http://skeptophilia.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-invention-of-philip.html

May I suggest the world is flat. Do you believe me?

A single article cannot be considered truth without proof. The Bell Witch case may be partally embellished and inaccurate because documentation wasn't a staple in that time period. But, I'd trust a person that researched the phenomena for a quarter of a century more than a single skeptic who never moved out of his chair to investigate.

A single line stating it's Rubbish isn't an example of fact, instead a conjecture of humor without substance.

Edited by EVP, 23 March 2017 - 12:00 AM.

#14 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:02 AM

View PostEVP, on 22 March 2017 - 11:57 PM, said:

May I suggest the world is flat. Do you believe me?

A single article cannot be considered truth without proof. The Bell Witch case may be partally embellished and inaccurate because documentation wasn't a staple in that time period. But, I'd trust a person that researched the phenomena for a quarter of a century more than a single skeptic who never moved out of his chair to investigate.

A single line stating it's Rubbish isn't an example of fact, instead a conjecture of humor without substance.

Well said EVP, well said. :good:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#15 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 8,826 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:16 AM

Wow, EVP.... you go brother!   ;)
Posted Image

#16 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:55 PM

Thanks EVP I'll look into it - my first thoughts are ' does the activity follow the teen to their new location'...
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#17 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:28 AM

View Postearthlydelites, on 23 March 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

Thanks EVP I'll look into it - my first thoughts are ' does the activity follow the teen to their new location'...

The activity for lack of better words can be considered a temporary attachment to a person. Individuals have been relocated to a new location and the activity has essentially followed them. According to Fodor's research typically activity is short lived and seldom lasted more than three weeks in total. There are always exceptions in everything.

Fodor's observations seldom linked to what might be considered an intelligent nature. Mostly random phenomena occurs, but, there are exceptions exampled for instance with the Bell Witch case.

Edited by EVP, 24 March 2017 - 02:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users