#1 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,983 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:52 AM

I've heard many times that a ring of salt is put around a house for protection, so baddies can't enter. Wouldn't this also keep whatever is in the house trapped there? One could assume perhaps the entity was cleared first, but obviously this is not necessarily the case, it could be hiding
Posted Image

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:24 PM

From what I know, you put a ring about the house, except around one doorway(leads outside) or an outside basement door/bulkhead. Starting from the attic, you go room to room and clear the house. After the house has been cleared, you lay salt across the "open" doorway. Personally, I'd open all closet doors and drawers, so there's no place anything could hide from the cleansing.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:39 PM

It helps,  yes.   And it's counterintuitive that it does.   But I do always worry about trapping something.   I don't think it's as much the salt as it is the intent,  though.   I think the salt helps amplify the intent and gives people a ritual to feel like they're doing something concrete.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#4 spineofsnake

spineofsnake

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:21 PM

I can only speak from my own upbringing in Christian and hoodoo practices but I was taught that salt is used to keep spirits away. While light and living things attract them, salt desiccates and pulls energy away from them. So I'm not sure if salt would trap spirits in the house but if they're stuck there already they will probably avoid it.

#5 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,181 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:34 PM

View PostTantric KittenGStudy, on 29 June 2016 - 12:39 PM, said:

It helps,  yes.   And it's counterintuitive that it does.   But I do always worry about trapping something.   I don't think it's as much the salt as it is the intent,  though.   I think the salt helps amplify the intent and gives people a ritual to feel like they're doing something concrete.

You said what I have always believed about the salt ritual... it's the intent. Those going through a haunting need to have something to believe in. Intent can be a very powerful thing in and of itself. And sometimes that's enough to do the job. So it can actually help but not always in the way one would expect.

#6 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:36 PM

I didn't think of that, but as others have said, I wouldn't just go spraying salt around the place without clearing the location first. I don't know if you'd trap something but you might aggravate it!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#7 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,983 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:45 PM

Thanks guys.   Hmmm..I wonder if pepper would give them sneezing fits and cause them to leave...   ;)
Posted Image

#8 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:47 PM

Maybe someone should try it.   Vampires are supposed to not be able to cross flaxseed because they have to count them first and it takes too long.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#9 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,983 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:53 PM

haha dying of boredom!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users