• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Neb

Neb

Apport

• GS Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 03:11 PM

Early this morning (1am Australian time) my parents and the rest of my family were out for the night so i decided to go into my parents room and check up on my dogs. I noticed that the window was open so i walked over to it and shut it. Now these windows slide up and down and at the bottom is a thick sheet of steel which gives the frame of the window a fair bit of wait. Anyway i shut the window and then as i was walking out the window moved back up again into it's previous position. There was no way that the wind could of done it because it was no where near strong enough. I put my hand on top of the frame and shut the window and stood there for awhile making sure it didn't go back up. I started to get an uneasy feeling so i left the room and sat down. The window never went back up though.

Does anyone know what could of caused it?

#2 Guest_OffDutyCopGStudy_*

Guest_OffDutyCopGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2005 - 03:24 PM

To be honest, Neb, it would be a little difficult to provide an educated guess without having a chance to inspect the window for myself.

Does your house have a history of paranormal activity, or is this a first time occurance?

#3 Neb

Neb

Apport

• GS Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 03:40 PM

Well i haven't lived in this house for a long time but i've seen and heard and even felt some things before. In 2003 i saw a hand that was sticking through my wall which was moving around franticly like someone had just cut it off with a blade. I've seen full scale arms lying on the floor when i open my eyes which are completely pale which usually move around. When i was in bed another time i had my head under the blankets and i felt somethng sit on my legs for about a minute and then leave. I hear tapping alot coming from my walls and it gets to the point where it scares me a bit. I've had the volume on the tv turn up by itself twice and my dogs are always barking when they go into the garage.

Many years ago where my house is right there there was a small farming community, when my dad was building this house both me and my cousin found this extremely old shoe that had been buried in the ground deep. I know a shoe isn't much but this was a very old shoe, something from the 40's atleast.

#4 Guest_TheresaRHPS_*

Guest_TheresaRHPS_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2005 - 04:31 PM

Hmm...did you see the window actually move? If so, did it move up slowly and deliberately, or very quickley? I'm stumped on this one...and I agree with ODC, without actually seeing the window, there's not much else I can tell you, lol. Keep us posted on any further activity. You might also want to look into doing some further research on the land if you haven't already.

Edited by TheresaRHPS, 31 December 2005 - 04:32 PM.

#5 Neb

Neb

Apport

• GS Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 04:43 PM

I didn't see the window go up but i did hear it. It did sound like something pushed it up a fair amount of force. It was in a fairly quick motion. The reason i didn't see the window move though was because in front of the window is a grey curtain. You have to either pull it up and move it out of the way in order to see the window.

#6 Silverdragon_Mage

Silverdragon_Mage

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, divination, ghost hunting, and hiking.

Posted 01 January 2006 - 06:16 AM

Your window might have counter pulleys that might be opening the window.  Old windows have a pulley system bulit in the sides of the frame that help a person open a heavy window.  Basically, it has a rope attached to the window that goes around a pulley then is attached to a weight.  More weight can also be added if the window will not open easily.  

What can happen is that when there is a lot of wieght on the counter balance and the tempurature gets colder, the window will shrink in its frame and open because the weights pull it up.  I have had this happen before in a house of mine and I had to lock the window to stop it from opening.

Now I can't vouch for the rest of the events that are happening, but this could be one of the possibilities of what is happening to your window.  Now if you lock it and it still opens, well.....

#7 Neb

Neb

Apport

• GS Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:09 PM

That could very well be what happened but then again you also need to remember that the window is steel framed which gives it a fair bit of weight. It's also a new window because this house was built in early 2003. Also when i shut the window i locked it and as i was moving away that's when the window opened by itself. Something had to of been very strong to open that window while the lock was still on it.

#8 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:02 PM

I have steel window frames myself and personally, apart from "someone" moving them, I don't know how they would open by themselves.

I have the opposite at my house, whenever anyone opens my window, someone closes and locks it! lol
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#9 Guest_Guardian_*

Guest_Guardian_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:34 AM

If the window was new in 2003, then it isn't the type with weights and pulleys.  These types are no longer used because the weight has to be in a space in the wall where there can be no insulation, creating a way for cold air to enter the house.

On a side note, my parents' house was built in 1906 and has these types of windows.  The weights themselves are quite heavy (I have helped remove a few) and are quite capable of moving an object of substantial size and weight.

#10 KolIkA

KolIkA

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:52 PM

That reminds me of that 400 year old house in Cambridgeshire the own set up a camera because when he went to bed he would wake often to find the window open.
https://www.thesun.c...18-bdc93f8a477a

Edited by KolIkA, 03 February 2019 - 08:53 PM.

#11 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 02:31 PM

Hello KolIkA,

I think your link is borked, I'm pretty sure you want this ...

STRANGER THINGS Spooky footage shows bedroom window opening on its own ... and cottage owner claims it proves home is haunted by ghosts.

The editors here for cut 'n paste can mess things up spectacularly :bunny:
- siguie -

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 06:49 PM

Ahhh thank you siguie

View PostKolIkA, on 03 February 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

That reminds me of that 400 year old house in Cambridgeshire the own set up a camera because when he went to bed he would wake often to find the window open.
https://www.thesun.c...18-bdc93f8a477a

I remember seeing that too some peeps said they can see wires. I check out siguie's new link and I didn't see any wires. If anyone checks out the video let us know what do you think?
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#13 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:30 AM

I checked it out on YouTube. I watched it multiple times at .25 speed and didn't see any strings.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#14 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:38 AM

Oh MacC I know I can always count on you :)  I am going to check out YouTube too and slow it down as well.
Posted Image

#15 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:41 AM

Posted Image

My Shop

#16 WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

EVP

• GS Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:01 PM

Any updates on your window opening? Has it occurred again?

Posted Image

#17 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:31 PM

Would love to know too!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#18 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:54 PM

I don't think we will back it appears
Neb
had their account suspended by the old admins
Posted Image

#19 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 09:04 AM

Aww, crud. I wonder why that was?

Posted Image

My Shop