• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hunter417

hunter417

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

is it possible to catch orbs or ghosts with the camera on an android phone ?

#2 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Android phones have a camera, don't they?  :)  But yeah, I think it's possible.  The problem is, many people use Android apps to create fake ghost photos.  I believe a couple of ghost photos in the monthly gallery were debunked because of that.
Posted Image

#3 hunter417

hunter417

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

i was just wondering if the android phone cameras would have the depth since most are around 3 pixels

#4 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

I would not recommend using a phone camera to try to gather evidentiary data.

I would also not recommend using any camera with a small lens.  The smaller the lens the more it distorts the image to get it to fit a standard format.  Several years ago I had the opportunity to buy an ELF for super cheap.  I thought "I would like something less bulky than my SLR and I'd also like to upgrade to the higher resolution image" (my digital camera's almost ten years old and I only use my film camera for art or important things since film isn't free but space on a data card is).  That lasted as long as it took me to go to the store where the excellent deal was and look through the viewfinder at a few things.  The images were extremely distorted (even though the picture quality was fine).  I put it down and walked away.

If you're going to get a traditional camera (it's not quite true that they only see the visible light spectrum -- there's actually a filter inside digital cameras that limits IR data but doesn't eliminate it entirely) get an SLR, either fixed or interchangeable lens.  It doesn't need to be a $1000 camera but it should have a full-size aperture/lens.  Otherwise go for another type of camera entirely like a FLIR and take a class on using them and interpreting the images that come out of them.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: android, ghost, spirit, orbs