© Fisana

Any Advice?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Anabelle624_*

Guest_Anabelle624_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2004 - 06:34 AM

Hey All! Michelle here. My buddy jeff thinks he may have a haunting.. Here's what he told me. The other night he heard creaking, but it had a pattern to it. He has the window fans ((you know, the white one that you gotta plug into the wall and turn a plastic knob)) that he said turned themselves off. Also, we have this friend named Nikki, and when they go into his basement ((in which he says the scariest thing there is a Beatles mural on the wall)) she swears she can sense the presence of a little girl who supposedly died there. Any thoughts? Have any advice on what we can do to find out ourselves? any help would make me worship you for life _(not really.. but we totally would appreciate it!))

#2 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 09 November 2004 - 12:06 PM

I would first try to rule out electrical problems and then check plumbing as well for the noises. Than if there are still things happening I would start to suspect a more paranormal suspect.

#3 Nichole30

Nichole30

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE(Anabelle624 @ Nov 9 2004, 08:34 AM)
Hey All! Michelle here. My buddy jeff thinks he may have a haunting.. Here's what he told me. The other night he heard creaking, but it had a pattern to it. He has the window fans ((you know, the white one that you gotta plug into the wall and turn a plastic knob)) that he said turned themselves off. Also, we have this friend named Nikki, and when they go into his basement ((in which he says the scariest thing there is a Beatles mural on the wall)) she swears she can sense the presence of a little girl who supposedly died there. Any thoughts? Have any advice on what we can do to find out ourselves? any help would make me worship you for life _(not really.. but we totally would appreciate it!))
View Post

I would try and research the history of the house.  Talk to previous owners, neighbors, etc.

#4 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 09 November 2004 - 07:31 PM

That is good advice as well. I always feel the history is vital to understanding what may be going on.

#5 ghostsleuth

ghostsleuth

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:psychic profiler. spirtual minister. communicating with
    the other side. helping others and teaching.

Posted 09 November 2004 - 09:55 PM

I agree. Investigate in order to validate. find out the history of the land and residence. always rule out the obvious first. It saves imbarassment.

A Friend
Rena
She Dances Gently Upon Pointed Stone
Beneath The Waters of Neptunes throne...by Rena

http://www.ghostsleuth.com

#6 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2004 - 10:54 PM

The creaking could be the house settling even it it has a pattern to it. The fan turning itself off could be an electrical short. It's better to rule out all possibilities first. As for the little gilr that Nikki sense, I don't know what to tell you but what everyone else has already said. Look into the history of the house. Rena put it best when she said "investigate to validate"!

#7 MoonLite

MoonLite

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Psychic Development (particularly mediumship), Tarot and Oracle Reading, Genealogy, History... to name but a few!

Posted 10 November 2004 - 03:08 AM

I too would agree to try and investigate the history of the house/area if possible.  Sometimes difficult, but I myself have tried researching the history of the area in which I live... I think I received "validation" one day, when I tried searching for the name of an old quarry that used to be around here.  Was quite awesome that the lights flashed and TV "rolled", as I googled ... but I have no doubts that it was one of my spirits here trying to tell me that I was right!  smile.gif  Quite strange, but I could also feel their "interest" as I was looking at old maps online of the area where I live - just knew they were excited by my curiosity.  

As for Nikki sensing... quite possibly she is doing that.  Sometimes our gut feelings can be right, but of course if we can find empirical proof, it gives more precedence to what we may actually feel.

I've found myself that the two spirits who reside in my home, simply wanted me to acknowledge that they were here.  So often now, I will come into the house, say "hello"... "goodbye", before I go out, "goodnight" before I go to bed.  Guess, others if they could hear me sometimes would think I'd gone mad talking to myself!  rolleyes.gif But "J" and "Patricia" are happy, so generally don't feel such a need to show me they are here.  Previously I had light-bulbs blowing all the time, but now... only occasionally - probably when I've forgotten to acknowledge them!   blink.gif

Edited by Angel, 10 November 2004 - 03:09 AM.

Posted Image

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant...
We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift..."
~ Albert Einstein ~

Posted Image

#8 Guest_Anabelle624_*

Guest_Anabelle624_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2004 - 06:04 AM

Thanks for the advice guys and gals. I talked to Jeff the other day and he looked through these old books with maps from around the 1800's, and the exact house he lives in was in them, though the house is a bit more updated, lol. Its over a couple hundred years old for sure, so it may be possible that the house may be haunted. I also asked Nikki about what exactly she sensed when she was in the basement. She told me she sensed that it was a little girl who died in that house from, she thinks, scarlet fever... We'll have to do some investigating major to figure this one out. Well, looks like we've found a summer project, laugh.gif ! Thanks for your help everyone! ::glomps you all repeatedly::

#9 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 06:06 AM

Not a prob, we all love to help out. I wish you the best with this.

#10 Caesar

Caesar

Board Punk

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,400 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:41 PM

I agree with Angel. I think your friends is sensitive to ghosts has she ever encountered other gut feelings of ghosts in other places.

thanks for sharing your encounter
Be Good!

#11 Guest_Anabelle624_*

Guest_Anabelle624_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2004 - 06:14 AM

Not as far as I know... o.O i'll have to give nikki a call

#12 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 06:38 AM

If you hear any more please keep us posted, maybe we can help

#13 kathinr

kathinr

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 02:41 PM

You also might want to consider taking photos of the basement and other areas of the house.  You might be amazed at what shows up.

#14 Fairy

Fairy

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 03:05 PM

That happens to me. The fan with shut off by its self! But i got a ghost in the house so imnot to sure

#15 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:49 PM

Photos are always a good peice of advice in my opinion.