Evp - The Using The Words In Ghost Boxes

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:05 PM

Hi,

OK, after a while I have just noticed something interesting on Ghost Adventures.

Now, in general paranormal stuff, people say that it's the scanning of the airwaves that allows spirits to grab the audio broadcasts to manipulate the words into a response. I assume that is the general theory of how spirit/ghost boxes work (including the huff wonderbox)

So, I have been trying for nearly 2 years now to get an EVP without any success though I have had success in testing my recorders for many hundreds of hours and I have never picked up any stray interference from any broadcasted source (Radio, PMR, CCTV or anything on public accessible frequencies eg 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz). So I do know how my little digital audio recorders work fine and not susceptible to interference/crosstalk.

So, in this episode of Ghost Adventures (S09E07), Zak used his PSB7 Spirit Box in a well shield location at Fort MacArthur (Los Angeles) in the deep stone bunkers. He showed how a normal radio was incapable of picking up any form of radio broadcast. Good!
Now, he switched on his PSB7 spirit box and started it scanning through the frequencies. Now according to the general theory of spirits being able to gather words and manipulate them from the scanned radio stations and use them to make intelligent words, then this session Zak was doing should not of produced any responses at all as there are no receivable audio broadcasts on the PSB7 just static however he got 2 responses, both being names.

So how do you think this might of happened??

It would appear to me is that you do not need to scan across radio stations fr the spirit to manipulate words, so what is happening? Is it the white noise/static that all is needed?? ~It's a pity that all these Paranormal Investigators around the world do not gather in a single web forum to discuss and and enhance research with each oither and compare notes etc so a lot of the debunking can be made to make a clear picture of what theis paranormal world is actually like. I mean we all no the flashlight trick is fake due to thermal expansion and contractions but make investigators are still trotting this out as authentic.
My Signature
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:27 PM

The spirit box in question has a high frequency synthetic noise, a.k.a. white noise. So, it's probably the white noise.
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:09 PM

Actually it sounds like he used the thing properly for once :yes:

That said there are many many oh too many theories on how these things are supposed to work ... my understanding is that ghosts could more easily communicate over a swept bandwidth than a single frequency ... nothing more :no:

Keep in mind "white noise" is just a sound output, not a white noise radio signal being received and converted to audio so IF it's beneficial it's sort of after the spirit box that it's being used not before or thru.

As for picking out random words ... that's just an intuitive explanation ... if it really is true then a better spirit box would be something that broadcasts random words on multiple frequencies so ghosts could grab what they want. I think this is really just a random word generator ... which I honestly have no problem with :no:

Anyways in general sound from radio frequencies come from Amplitude Modulation {AM} or Frequency Modulation {FM} and to me it just makes a weird kind of sense that ghost might sort of use both ... 'cuz it's similar to speech rarefaction waves with the frequency and amplitude changes. Admittedly not really  all that "analogous" but certainly a number of similarities :yes:

Edited by siguie, 12 August 2017 - 04:10 PM.

My Signature
- siguie -

#4 Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:16 AM

Modern technology these days can do just about anything in post editing. I think they slipped names in there. I don't readily believe ghost hunting shows. I'm sticking with post editing.
My Signature

#5 Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:09 AM

Maybe Mikaru, but the thing with all these shows (and I have said it before) is that they do not release their data, ie the footage and aduio for 3rd party analysis so one has to take their word, though there are times I can call stuff bogus.
For example in episode of Paranormal Lockdown (see my post)  this was recreated and I then immediately lost some faith with Nick then. So post editing can easily slip audio into an unconnected scene and I suspect Huff does this all the time as most of his videos is just of a static wonderbox and we have no way of knowing what was actually being said.
My Signature
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

#6 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:39 PM

I'm not sure why you think post editing is likely it's cheaper easier and more realistic to just broadcast the words you want and have the ghost box scanner pick them up :yes:

Just create an audio file with repeating words, buy a smartphone FM transmitter {under $20}  then start both the transmitter ad ghost box at the same time then race the transmitter output frequency to be just in front of the ghost box scan. That way you will get Ghost Box results that cannot be shown to be "fake" :no: You could even do this in a "shielded" environment since few people will go to the added effort of grounding the shileding :yes:
My Signature
- siguie -

#7 Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:06 AM

View PostCapt-Zeanie, on 18 August 2017 - 05:09 AM, said:

Maybe Mikaru, but the thing with all these shows (and I have said it before) is that they do not release their data, ie the footage and aduio for 3rd party analysis so one has to take their word, though there are times I can call stuff bogus.
For example in episode of Paranormal Lockdown (see my post)  this was recreated and I then immediately lost some faith with Nick then. So post editing can easily slip audio into an unconnected scene and I suspect Huff does this all the time as most of his videos is just of a static wonderbox and we have no way of knowing what was actually being said.
Speaking of Huff, there's a video on the channel 'Debunking Huff Paranormal' that shows that he uses jump cuts and inserts prerecorded material from the web with some added effects. I'll look for that video for you.

View Postsiguie, on 18 August 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

I'm not sure why you think post editing is likely it's cheaper easier and more realistic to just broadcast the words you want and have the ghost box scanner pick them up :yes:

Just create an audio file with repeating words, buy a smartphone FM transmitter {under $20}  then start both the transmitter ad ghost box at the same time then race the transmitter output frequency to be just in front of the ghost box scan. That way you will get Ghost Box results that cannot be shown to be "fake" :no: You could even do this in a "shielded" environment since few people will go to the added effort of grounding the shileding :yes:
I didn't think of that. Good points.
My Signature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com