• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jasonw

jasonw

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:51 AM

Ok I have yet to really ever see anything I could not disprove with common sense witch is why I am baffled, I got home from work last night at about 1130pm Normally I get a bite to eat and watch tv for an hour or so but I had this uncontrollable urge to just go to bed, no food, no TV just go to bed so I did, after going through the motions of getting ready I crawled into bed and closed my eyes,  Laying on my stomach "hugging my pillow of course LOL:)" I heard what sounded like "the best I can explain it" someone tap on the handle for the toilet in the master bath. The door was opened and my head was facing that way so my head shot up and I gazed into the darkness into the bathroom. really saw nothing so I layed my head back down. A moment later "The best I can explain it" I felt the urge to "Get out of the way" felt like I was being watched so I opened my eyes again and turned to look up at the north corner of the room, my laptop charger was emitting a dim green glow and when I looked up at the corner I saw a shadow, Now I am my biggest skeptic so this is why I just don't get it, THERE WAS A SHADOW ON THE CEILING. Almost as if something moved over the laptop charger witch is on the fore. I jumped up and look in that direction and saw nothing, now by this time I was wandering if I worked to hard earlier during the day? Maybe the Salt and Vinager chips I had for lunch were playing games with me. I layed back down "On my stomach agan, this is how I always sleep" of course by now all my senses are just fully charged and every little gust of the wind is keeping me awake when what did I hear? Go ahead take a guess, well just in case you could not guess i heard what sounded like someone once again push lightly on the handle for the toilet again "real fast rush of running water deffinatly coming from the toilet", I whipped my head up and gazed back into the master bath again to see what I can best explain as shadows and fuzz kind of everywhere "as if just waking up but wait remember I hadn't gone to sleep yet", I rubbed my eyes and blinked them a few times and gazed again to see it just disapating. Well now after a night of no sleep I am wandering just what the heck was going on? Over worked? not enough sleep? Ate something bad I just don't get it. I think its also safe to note my wife and I had an argument about Ouija boards this past weekend, I claimed they were just a hoax and no way do they work. I played with one with a friend years ago and could completely tell he was moving it. She argued no they are real and they do work so  I said the worst thing in the world "prove it" she made one and that night her I and a friend had a go at it, Nothing ever happened and she said they do work but for some reason that one did not so we tossed it out. I still don't believe in them but who knows anything now. Any comments? suggestion? ideas at all. I just don't know what to think. I know I was not dreaming it was all so real, I saw, heard, felt, I know I was awake.
PARANORMAL
The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working

#2 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:16 PM

I'm not sure if we could reach a definitive conclusion here either way.  Even people who follow a steady daily routine can sometimes have uncomfortable and disrupted sleep (or unusually high/low energy) for whatever reason.  

Was there any stress at work or some other time during the day?  If there was, maybe you pushed it to the back of your mind but it still caused you to be restless and nervous when you went to bed.

Also, the shadow you mentioned--did it blot out the light from the charger (as in moved between you and the charger), or did the light just seem dimmer when you opened your eyes?  

If it was the latter, it might have just been an effect of opening your eyes in a darkened room and them not adjusting right away.  Ditto with the hazy/shadowy appearance of the room the second time you opened your eyes.  Human eyes do not work well in low light.  If I look around in a dark room, everything tends to look "staticky" and it can be easy to mistakenly think there are shapes moving around.

As far as the toilet, I suggest having a look inside the tank.  Maybe the rubber stopper that covers the drainage pipe inside the tank has become worn or warped and is causing a slight leak.  And you would definitely hear a trickling sound.  This has happened several times in our guest bathroom.  The cheaper the stopper, the more likely this would be.  A leak could cause ripples in the water, which might then cause the "bobber" (the floating balloon-looking thing) to move--and the bobber is connected to the toilet handle.  Perhaps this might account for the jiggling noise?  I'm not saying it's necessarily this simple, but it's the first thing you'll want to rule out.

#3 jasonw

jasonw

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:03 PM

augustine. i had no unusual stress yesterday just a normal day realy. i know what you are saying about eyes, the shadows and fuz looked like i had just woke up but i only had my eyes closed for a second, the shadow on the ceiling apeard like somthing standing over my charger and moved towards the wall, i have no pet inside either. i will look at the toilet, my wife told me today that she has heard it do that from time to time wich is why she keeps the dore to the master bath closed. thanks a million for the reply
PARANORMAL

#4 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:26 PM

You could always try an experiment of using a subtle nightlight (something bright enough to allow you to clearly distinguish shadows)...unless that would make sleep impossible.  That way, if this happens again, you'll be able to determine whether there is in fact an unexplained shadow in the room.

I had a similar experience back in college that I really hope was just my imagination but which I think (or rather fear) might have been something more.  This was about nine years ago.  I was alone in my bunk bed one Saturday night.  My roommate was gone and I was laying there awake and preoccupied with an upcoming exam.  The lights were off but the room was still somewhat illuminated by the parking lot lights outside and a bright hallway light shining under the door.  I saw something move near the ceiling in the opposite corner of the room.  As soon as I turned my head over there, this vague, shadowy, almost humanoid-shaped thing came scurrying right toward me.  I jumped out of bed, turned the light on, and it was gone.  

It felt so real, and although the thing didn't quite seem solid, it looked like it might have had mass or at least a shape.  This whole experience transpired in under two seconds and, because everything happened so fast, I didn't get a good look at the thing--it was more like I got a momentary glimpse and then was left with a "sense" of it in my mind.  

Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me in the low light, but the room didn't seem dark enough for that to be the case.  Hard to say.  I definitely wasn't asleep when it happened.  And although I had math on the brain, I didn't feel anxious and I wasn't laying there freaking out or anything.  I was just going over my notes in my head, trying not to forget what I'd been studying.  I'm not prone to flights of imagination.  I'm not saying it absolutely couldn't be attributed to that.  It just felt too real, and I wasn't in a sleepy or imaginative state of mind.  I hope it wasn't an actual entity, though.  I was filled with a feeling of cold dread when I saw it, though.

That's what your experiences kind of reminded me of.  What a creepy memory to relive.  Thanks a lot!  (Just kidding!   biggrin.gif )

Anyway, I have a feeling the toilet issue might be a natural occurrence.  Like I mentioned, the same type of thing happens to us from time to time and the culprit always seems to be a leak from a bad stopper.  Don't ever buy toilet tank stoppers at WalMart...they're crud.  Trust me.  Spend the extra money and get a durable one from Home Depot or wherever.

#5 jasonw

jasonw

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:44 PM

thanks agan. that very closly resemble my encounter "if thats what you want to call it" the thing that bafles me is i have no pets than run free so i know my dogs didnt step over the charger "they live outside" and it wasnt just a shodow sitting there, i saw the shadow physicaly move twards the wall and when it reached the wall just vanish, add into that the other little thing my wife and i argued about and it just down right gives me the creeps.
PARANORMAL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users