6 replies to this topic

#1 Morning_Glory_

Morning_Glory_

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:37 PM

I was watching a movie the other night, The Marsh.  The movie wasn't that good but one of the scenes Forrest Whittaker's charcter talks about a door that was hung up in the house.  He says that if the door is a portal, when you take it down it closes the portal, when you rehang it back up - it reopens the portal.

As I said the movie wasn't that good, but it did get me wondering about portals.

If you have something in your home that is a portal, a mirror, a door, or whatever, if you remove that item from the home and replace it with a similar item - is the portal closed?  

Maybe the bigger question I should be asking is - can a portal be identified and closed?

#2 borntolive

borntolive

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:All things paranormal and spiritual.<br />Drawing and painting.<br />Animals and birds.<br />Helping people

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:07 AM

That is interesting.
I think that there could be portals.
I also think you can identify them, maybe by a paranormal investigation.
And if it opens then there must be a way to close them.

It made me think of the Bermuda triangle for some reason.
What if that was a giant portal?
Wouldn't it make sense? things disappearing and reappearing years later?
This is food for thought  wink.gif

Dreams happen to us.
        We do not dream.
                We are dreamt ~ Carl Jung.

Love lookes not with the eyes, but with the heart ~ W. Shakespear

#3 champell

champell

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Children<br />Animals<br />Nature<br />Ghosts<br />History

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:11 AM

Morning!  I have that movie in my purse right now because I am late returning it to Block Buster!  LOL

No... the movie was kinda corney... but it had it's moments.  Not sure if I really believe in portals... a little too out there for me!

Champell

#4 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:26 AM

I would assume that you can remove a portal along with an item that is a portal.  And yes, you can close a portal but it takes a LOT of effort and skill and is never a guaranteed thing.
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#5 Morning_Glory_

Morning_Glory_

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:39 PM

Champell glad to hear I wasn't the only one wasting my time and rental fee on that dud.

As to the portal question.

If a mirror in your home is a portal and you get that mirror out of your home - lets say donated it to a thrift store.  Does that mean the next person who owns the mirror will now have  portal in their home?  

Or was it only in your home?  If you replaced the portal mirror with a brand new one from Kmart- and hung it up in the exact same place, will it now become a portal?

#6 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:57 AM

Assuming your saying the mirror was the key to opening the portal than why would a seperate mirror from K-Mart become a portal?

If the mirror was a portal...then destroy it. And don't give me any of that seven years stuff! BREAK IT!
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#7 Morning_Glory_

Morning_Glory_

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:42 AM

If the mirror was the key to opening the portal, just getting it out of the house, won't that take care of the problem?

Or will the next person that owns it now have problems with it in their home?

Heck why break it, I could probably make a small fortune on Ebay if I had one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users