Dark Spirit Children

• You cannot reply to this topic
14 replies to this topic

#1 Deeohgee lover

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:39 PM

I've heard as of late my children discussing a boogeyman type character known on YouTube as slenderman. As I looked into it I found myself alarmed by what I read.

This boogeyman is very relative to what my community elders have been warning us about. They have explained that many generations ago all the indigenous people's of turtle island came together to cast/trap a dark spirit ... they say our ancestors buried it deep deep in the ground, so far down that nobody could dig him up. this spirit is described as looking the same as slenderman. Our elders have said that this dark spirit has returned as we are digging it out to produce oil... and as it did in the past... it is taking our children... but by suicide. It is said to infect our children like a disease.

I've been warned not to open my door at night if nobody seems to be at the door... because he may be trying to sneak in...

I'm a lover of the outdoors and do not shy away at night... but I will concede that some nights it really does feel like  something is lurking outside.

Recently I saw a movie called The Babadook , it's australian.... having indigenous friends in Australia, I asked... and it sounds like this same spirit as the elders are talking about... which  would mean it is not confined to turtle island... however, Babadook is apparently not based on any folklore and is completely fictional according to its developers.

Any thoughts or anything to add?

#2 MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,428 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:10 PM

Welcome Deeohgee Lover!  Great to have you here - Enjoy:)

Michelle

#3 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

Yes, welcome to the forum board like Michelle said it is great to have you here :)

Interesting topic... can you tell us anything more about the stories from your elders? I must admit I don't know anything about slenderman (I did google the image a tall guy in a suit) and I did watch a bit of that Australian movie (I didn't like it much).  I will go and google both a bit more to get a better idea of their mythology.
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 PIT leader

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:41 AM

Slenderman is an internet creation very loosely based on a mix of traits from "tall man" type spirits. This sounds a lot like an urban legend to me, I wouldn't worry about it. Have child suicides risen in the area?
My Signature
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#5 Deeohgee lover

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:36 AM

When I received these teachings from our elders that was all they told us, it was a story that was involved in much conversation about caring for our mother earth, and discussion of prophecy. It's believed our people will have to protect our planet again from such menace.
Now slender man minus his suit appears as this spirit is described. We're not supposed to say it's name as it brings bad luck (calls him). It's rare for our teachers to mention anything evil.. as our traditional way of dealing with evil is to simply avoid it. I've heard this warming from elders of different tribes.... being the Tahltan, Souix, Lakota, cree, and anishnabe nations... so it's hard for me to ignore.

My daughter recently began having lucid dreams that a dark man is knocking at the door in the middle of the night telling her to let him in. We got very worried that this wasn't a dream and alerted the authorities to be safe. Turns out they are lucid dreams. These experiences coincide with what I've heard at ceremony. Please note my daughter is just little still and has not become firmiliar with slenderman yet.

As for child suicides , yes, they are at an all time high. Children all over our communities have been committing suicide at an unprecedented rate... it's a plague on our nations. My 16 year old nephew attempted last week, but divinity stepped in I suppose.

As for folklore... I find there is often much truth in such things... it's usually buried deep in story, but usually there.

Hope that offers more insight. And thank you for the warm welcome.

A little info on me... I'm a Tahltan woman of the Crow Clan. The crow people are said to dwell in the in-between.. between time and space, living and spirit... that our souls are neither here nor there. My grandfather was a medicine man who had the gift of sight. I also have this gift and have experienced the unknown my whole life. I feel as though I was born just knowing things. However, my gifts are undeveloped as I live too far from my community to properly access the teachings needed... and the tribes in my region have a more conservitive outlook on the ways of my people.

B

Tall man type spirits? Please enlighten me as I have no insight of my own.

B

#6 PIT leader

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:52 AM

Thanks for answering my questions and so quickly too. There is an entity referred to as "The Tall Man" who is a tall shadowy stick-figure looking being usually wearing a "hat." I've seen "him" as have a few others on the board, there are some myths that he's linked to disappearances but I find it unlikely. This legend is certainly interesting especially as it's coinciding with a rash of suicides, are there any other explanations you can think of for icreased suicides? (low employment rates etc.)
My Signature

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#7 Deeohgee lover

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:27 AM

Ah yes, this tall man you speak of... I believe I have seen him aswell... however not stick like... the most notable things for me was it felt like male energy, very tall, thin, gaunt like and I noticed jaundice eyes.... may be the same or something different.

As for reasons for suicude... our nations suffer generationally from socioeconomic barriers such as povery, lack of adequate housing, lack of access to affordable healthy food, alcoholism, addictions, intergenerational abuses, etc. So there's plenty of reasons for the suicides... however, these situations existed before suicide became "trendy". I've worked on the front lines with many youth from the most heavily affected communities and one thing is ever present... they are trying to escape dark spirits. I've witnessed one specific youth see one of these dark spirits and her reaction terrified me. I  chose to take her side and  commanded it to leave (much to the amusment of my co workers). She started cackling and looked at me all crazy eyed and said"it's laughing at you, you can't make it leave". This terrified my coworkers. That night we had this young lady commited. The next day she begged me to get her out of the hospital because she couldn't defend herself restrained. This young lady made at least 100 more serious attempts on her life since then, however she has had serious help and intervention. She still sees the shadow she was trying to escape.

I believe these kids... I tried debunking... but the usual explanation is schizophrenia. .. but I'm troubled by this... how does 1 in 3 kids in a community removed from modern society , often living off the land develop schizophrenia and have the same hallucinations. Some of these communities are inherently Christian and have kicked some of these youth off reserve because they "are possessed by the devil" ...

I know it sounds sensational and crazy....

All I know is that nobody believed me when I reported what I saw... and I don't have schizophrenia.

#8 PIT leader

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:35 AM

I do believe in negative spirits, yet I try to look at all possibilities first. I'm grateful that you've given us all so much information to go over, it makes it easier for us all to advise you. It is possible that negative spirits could be drawn to the younger people in the area as the result of any negative emotions they may be feeling, which could be increasing the risk of suicide. Of course, scizophrenia could also be a big factor in the cases.

Edited by PIT leader, 08 July 2015 - 11:36 AM.

My Signature

#9 Deeohgee lover

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:50 PM

I must say, I genuinely appreciate your gentle way.
Thank you for your insights and yes I carry the same beliefs regarding negative spirits... that mixed with mental illness and some teenage sensationalism and it looks like an answer.
I suppose I may never know, but I'll continue keeping watch.

B

Edited by Deeohgee lover, 08 July 2015 - 01:55 PM.

#10 PIT leader

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:35 AM

My advice is to keep your home as positive and happy as possible. It might not stop the lucid dreams (they are common and nothing to worry about,even though they can be distressing)  but if it is a negative entity, it won't have any negativity to "feed" off. I think a community festival or party could raise local morale too. Keep us all updated
My Signature

#11 Deeohgee lover

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:20 AM

thank you for the advice.

Oh yes, home is very loving and safe place. It's funny you bring that up... the most common thing people note when coming to my home is how safe and peaceful it is... and oddly enough when out of town visitors come over they usually report the best sleep they've had in years. This is reassuring to me as I firmly believe in energy and it's effects.

As for the community party, etc... it is a thoughtful gesture... however I don't think it will work. I live in Manitoba Canada. The communities I'm refering to are the First Nations communities, which are anywhere from 100 to 900 km from where I live. However, I live in the provinces capital city where most people from those communities come for meetings, medical, university, etc. I suppose this is what I'm finding so alarming... as these reports are not localized at all.

Yes, lucid dreams are fairly  common, I agree.
As for my daughter, I'm fairly sure she's a sensitive. Her way with animals, unrelenting kindness, her dreams, and her own experiences have led me to my conclusion. In my nations beliefs, children like her are sent as healers and posses these gifts. We refer to lucid dreaming as one entering the spirit world.. but also because I share these gifts and it is taught these gifts are our blood memory and she shares my blood, and I share our ancestors blood. My daughter is also of Crow as our Clan energy is passed through our generations by the mother... so whatever a mother is her children will be.

Anywho, sorry for rambling and thank you for the advice.

B

#12 Grisner

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:34 PM

I can't remember the name of the "spirit" but it conforms to the fears of those around it. It is believed to be responsible for many manifestation like slenderman and many more. Bearing this in mind, even if slenderman was an internet idea, it could easily be utilized by such a creature. Sorry, really wish I could remember the name of it. Old age I guess.

#13 moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:31 PM

Slender Man is an internet meme. It's even possible to trace the origins to some forum by Eric Knudson (Eric states that Slender Man is an invention). That said, the drawings of slender man remind me of The Silence from Dr Who. It should be interesting to note that The Silence made it's debut on Dr Who in 2011 while Slender Man began in 2009.

Your people sound fascinating. I'm from Alberta and we had Blood, Blackfoot, Cree and Peigan come into the city I grew up in quite often. The teachers used to have members of the tribes come talk to us so we could understand them better. I don't remember hearing any stories about the monster you're discussing here. Can you tell us the exact story associated with this creature?

#14 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:53 PM

If we are looking at characters who could every easily make people's imagination work into overdrive; my money is on Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter or even better Lurch from the Adams Family :)

My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#15 Deeohgee lover

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:53 AM

Doppelganger (I.o.v.e the name btw)

I don't think I can reproduce the exact story as it was a reference during a teaching, I'm not an elder so I cannot repeat teachings.
What I can say is we were involved in an elders conversation/council with a gathering of nations (Souix (main teacher), anishnabe, cree, metis, ontario ojibway) and we were discussing the risks of social enterprising (of all things) and the elders were teaching us young people to ensure we understood how to keep our work traditional in an untraditional pursuit. I was the youngest at the table.
It began with our Souix elder pinpointing the multi barriers indigenous young people face. He then spoke of these issues on a large scale and told the story I speak of. This became discussion with the elders but from their nations standpoint.  Our people speak very literally, and did not go into great detail... but the story was always the same with the dark spirit. With that, this prophecy has only been spoken of again in the last few years. The Souix elder was our main teacher that night and he is from the states so apparently this is also happening in his community where he is the chief.

As for the Crow stuff, I am actually from the Tahltan nation in Iskut B.C.I however grew up in Ontario and now live in manitoba.

And yes lol Valdemort is a good choice for character, residual haunting.

Edited by Deeohgee lover, 10 July 2015 - 04:54 AM.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com