Cant Enter My Messenger

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 theguy

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:19 AM

hey guys  icannot seem to enter my personal messenger  or do asnythingi can get to my settings and stuff but when i try to see other members or their profiles etc it asays i do nto have permission to do it, how come?

#2 Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts
  • Interests:History & the study of anything paranormal.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:05 AM

The forum is set up so that you can't use the PM system until you have 30 posts under your belt.

I know it's a pain, but there is a good reason. It was done to stop people from joining just to spam our members with adverts or trolling PM's.

Here is a write-up about it with full details:  http://www.paranorma...showtopic=36552

Please note that the offer to use that thread to bump your post count to 30 is no longer in effect.  You will have to make 30 real posts in real threads.

Regards, Canis :)

#3 stampingchick

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostCaniswalensisGStudy, on 29 September 2011 - 04:05 AM, said:

The forum is set up so that you can't use the PM system until you have 30 posts under your belt.

I know it's a pain, but there is a good reason. It was done to stop people from joining just to spam our members with adverts or trolling PM's.

Here is a write-up about it with full details:  http://www.paranorma...showtopic=36552

Please note that the offer to use that thread to bump your post count to 30 is no longer in effect.  You will have to make 30 real posts in real threads.

Regards, Canis :)

good reasoning, but aggravating for those who like to lurk. makes me want to randomly post to threads, which defeats the whole purpose of the rule. JMHO.

View Poststampingchick, on 11 March 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

good reasoning, but aggravating for those who like to lurk. makes me want to randomly post to threads, which defeats the whole purpose of the rule. JMHO.

Also, i have 160+ posts. so why can't i enter my messenger? i get the same reason, not allowed. extremely frustrating.
My Signature
Posted Image

Thank you Ghosthuntersluvr75for my siggy!!!

http://www.kscakes.c...k-iz-broked1-2/

#4 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

I just sent you a pm to see if you can get it, and if so if you can respond to it
My Signature
Posted Image

#5 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

View Poststampingchick, on 11 March 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

Also, i have 160+ posts. so why can't i enter my messenger? i get the same reason, not allowed. extremely frustrating.

If this was your first visit to the forum since we instigated the new rules, you still would have been a member of the group that isn't allowed to view their messengers.

After you posted here, it would have bumped you into the full GS Member category, so you should have full access now.

#6 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

^^^
She responded to my PM and yeah, said after posting in this thread it was working for her
My Signature
Posted Image

#7 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

*tents fingers* Eeeeeeeeeexcellent!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com