33 replies to this topic

#1 Misty

Misty

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Evps, ghost hunting

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

Hello, I am new here and my name is Misty. I joined because I need some expert advise on what I am doing. 2 weeks before Thanksgiving, I went into my garage with a digital voice recorder, sat down and started asking questions. ( I thought the evps on ghost hunters and ect were fake ) I asked if there was anyone there that wished to communicate with me. I got a female voice very clear that says " I do" and a whole bunch more different voices. I did this Q & A sessions at 3 times by myself and 2 with other people. Most of my evps are very clear. Some are funny like when my son threw the McDonalds bag into the trash a males voice says very cleary " Well that was a snack" My son brought out a Christmas present he had wrapped and before I could say anything you hear a mans voice say" That's beautiful". I have had only 2 or three not so nice. I quit asking questions and only record and play it back on the computer. One voice said " Jesus is bad luck" followed by a female who says " no he's not wanna see me dance" " Dirty rotten bibles" and one called me F** B**. I heard this went out to the garage and told them you are NOT allowed to make fun of my Jesus, my bible ,or my God who is more powerful than you. I did another passive recording and only got 3 different voices, none of which were bad. My family has me more freaked out than all my evps. They tell me I am playing a lottery and I am going to get a demon. I have logged all my evps which are in wave and I can not figure out how to change them to mp3. Any advice is welcome. I have thick skin and an open mind. I did not do any recordings In my house, just in my attached garage ( kinds sounds like a bad idea after the fact ) Nothing is happeneing in my house or my garage. Why are all these people in my garage? I always say a prayer and close the window.

#2 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

Many people experience an abundance  of audio evidence when they first begin recording. Generally participation from the other side falls off over time but some are magnets to this phenomena. Different recorders also reap either more or less but higher quality devices tend to have fewer results which leads me to believe that poorly shielded recorders could be picking up radio frequency interference or artifact is tricking the mind (apophenia).

According to our last pioneer of EVP ( Sarah Estep) who founded the AAEVP back in the early 80's, 1 out of 13 are unpleasant and sometimes threatening. Interactive participation is considered less frequent and randomness the normality. Some believe there are dangers to recording in your own house whereas Sarah recorded years in the morning and in the evening at her residence. I suppose there are risks but according to history there is only one documented case of life being allegedly taken from the other side (The Bell Witch). If this continues to interest you, I might suggest a pair a headphones and a recorder capable of monitoring while your record.

A small number of recordings are in fact live captures which indicate a sound transmission. Back in the mid nineties it was scientifically proven that true EVP is low levels of EMF stimulating the voice coil of the microphone. If you are determined in two way communication monitoring would be the best way to go.

One final word. Be careful in your practices. Some people have become consumed by this phenomena and it can turn into a rather unhealthy habit. If you continue to get unpleasant comments you should consider stopping. Everyone has a threshold even if they claim to have a thick skin. Good luck with your research.

Edited by evp, 31 December 2012 - 02:06 AM.

#3 Misty

Misty

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

Thank you so much for all the information and advise. I don't believe that all of it are
random radio waves because of the intellengent things they say that are rellivent to the activities going on at the time. I'm not real sure if I am ready to have a 2 way conversation as of yet. I really started out trying to contact my mother who passed away when I was 11. My father passed in 2000 and when I asked where is my father and called his name out loud the response I got was " in hell " that kinda freaked me out. I also left out the fact that I have heard what some people refer to as echoing. Sounds like me, but I know it wasn't because I tag everything. I only allow myself to do passive recordings on the weekends. I just don't want anything evil that I have to call someone to get rid of.

I would love to be able to share my evps and gdet others opions on them. Like I said I am very new at this and would love to research this further. When I was getting all those voices, I would take pictures and count the orbs. One time I said I caught 7 of you, and you hear a vouce that says 7. Any ideas on how to convert wave into mp3? I have maybe 6 hours or so of class A evps and some not so clear. Again, thank you for everything.

Edited by Misty, 31 December 2012 - 05:07 AM.

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

There are a lot of internet hits on "convert wave into mp3. I don't know any programs personally; but it would be a place I would search to see if I could find a solution, I wish you success with your conversion!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 Misty

Misty

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

Thank you very much. I work 3rd shift, sleep most of the day so I will look into it this weekend. Still trying to decide on if I am going to do any recordings this weekend.

#6 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

Hoping to get contact from the other side from a loved one has the probability factor comparable to winning the lottery. Any contact that suggests that its from a loved one is likely fooling you and cannot be trusted. If you're interested in working in an audio program, I would recommend using Audacity to start with. It's a freeware and for the most part is all you need. If you're interested, I wrote a tutorial several years ago outlining filtering using this program along with conversions. Contact me via pm and I will send it to you via email as it's in pdf document.

#7 Paranormal_RN

Paranormal_RN

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Interests:Reading!!!!!!!!
    Redoing old furniture
    Paranormal

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

I too have reservations with EVP's.  I agree with your mother, it is like the lottery, and you are "inviting" any entity within ear shot to talk with you.  Most evil entities will start off being nice, even helpful - pretending to be a relative or child.  That "hooks" you.  At some point, you may inadvertently invite the entity to come with you, or allow the entity into your mind or body.  Then you are really in trouble.  As curious as I am, I stay away from EVP's.  If you are a believer in God and Jesus and the bible, I recommend this website - I learned a lot from it.  Including that the bible tells us not to talk with the dead.  So, it is against God's word to do so.  This is the website:
http://www.religiousdemonology.com/

Once there, you can click on topics you want to research.  I printed this portion because I wanted to learn the prayer to St. Michael - which is commonly used for spiritual protection.  

Nice to have you here, and welcome.

Edited by Paranormal_RN, 31 December 2012 - 01:15 PM.

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!"  Ash, aka T-Rex

"Your just jealous because the little voices talk to me!"

#8 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostParanormal_RN, on 31 December 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

This is the website: http://www.religiousdemonology.com/

Adam Blai is a very well known demonologist if you prescribe to relighous practices.

#9 Misty

Misty

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

I did read that, all of it. It confirm what I already knew in the back of my mind to be true, just didn't want to think about. I do use Audicity  I believe. I will keep the recordings I already have and consider my self lucky thats all I walked away with. This is why I joined this group for honest opions and advise! I think it was a smart move! Thank you so very much!  I am really freaked out now and pretty sure I won't be doing anymore recordings. I do not want to make God mad at me, or have some demon trick me. I'm good. ♥♥♥

Edited by Misty, 31 December 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#10 Paranormal_RN

Paranormal_RN

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
    Redoing old furniture
    Paranormal

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Don't leave our site, you may want to upload what you have and we can all learn from it.  While I stay away from EVP's, I am still a sensitive - as you may be.  I have had paranormal happenings all my life, since around the age of 6.  There is much you can learn here.  I was going to join a paranormal group until I read that website, and I realized it would be against God/Jesus' rules.  But, it still doesn't stop me from seeing what I see.  In the past week, it's been a shadow ghost, outside.  I do not try to converse with it.  I do say, much like you did (which was a smart thing to do by the way) "In the name of my Lord, Jesus Christ, any entities around my home are to LEAVE NOW!"  Is being a sensitive a gift or a curse?  I don't know.  It is what it is.  I've learned to live with it.

#11 Misty

Misty

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

I do not plan on leaving. I am going to try and go through all my recordings and see if I can clip them and upload them. I am sure no 1 wants to sit and listens to hours of audio I have. I do have several asking for help, one that sounds like a dog moaning when they stretch. It seems like they like to talk as the furnance would kick on. I still find it  intriguing, but do not care to join them by making God mad at me.

#12 Paranormal_RN

Paranormal_RN

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
    Redoing old furniture
    Paranormal

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

I don't believe that every word in the bible should be taken literally.  The bible is suppose to be (the new testament) about Jesus' life and death.  Suppose to be Gods word, but it was written by fallible men many, many years after Jesus' death.  But since I'm not sure exactly what to believe, I have to use my best judgement.  The website is legit, he is a recognized authority on demonology - and he is alive today.  I'm gonna take his word that this is the Lord's wishes.  I trust his judgement.

My question for Jesus would be "Why do you let me experience the things I do, but not want me to investigate it?"  I wish I could get that question answered.  My second question would be "Am I suppose to just 'live with it' or should I be putting this "gift" to use helping others?"  Have a happy new year Misty.  Talk with you soon.

#13 Misty

Misty

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

I totally agree. Why can't I know what's on the other side? Why do I feel and see things nobody else sees? I guess it is kinda like eating from the tree of knowledge. I don't know, my fear of God is greater than my fear of coming across a demon! Ok I lied they both scare me. Happy New Year to you and thank you!

#14 Paranormal_RN

Paranormal_RN

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
    Redoing old furniture
    Paranormal

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Don't fear God, I don't believe he would ever hurt us, and I believe he loves us unconditionally.  I fear demons - as I was attacked by one when I had an OOB experience at 17.  I just want to be a good person and follow God's wishes.  Jesus died for our sins, not for one minute to I fear him.  The one thing I disagree with from the demonology website, is where he says "All ghosts are demons" - I don't believe that.  I've lived with a ghost now for 12 years.  She is harmless.  She also gives me a warm feeling when she sits on my bed sometimes while I'm falling asleep.  When we are really emotionally upset, like on 9/11, when my mother died, when our son killed himself, she would knock and rap on the walls - BUT - she would stop when asked.  I believe it was her way of telling us she understood our pain and felt it too.  Anyway, will talk with you soon.  God bless.

#15 Misty

Misty

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my mother when I was 11 and lost my father in 2000.
I have seen a shadow person with a fadora hat on leaning up against the door frame to my bedroom 1 month before she died, I also was visited by what I believe to be my guarding angel when I was in the hospital after a serious car wreck. I have always jus
t wanted to make contact with my mother. I do not want to go against God's will or wishes.I know he sent his son diwn here to die for me and I know he lives me, but as a parent of 3 grown kids, I know they do stuff to p me off at times. My sister who is older and has been a mother figure to me has asked me to stop recording before I come into contact with a demon. I am out here in the garage every 10-30 mins as it's the only place I can smoke. I can feel them reaching out to me, because like you, I do not feel like all of them are bad. It' just EVERYONE has me freaked out about LISTENING in on them. That man is a demon expert, who am I to be selective in what I believe is true or not in what he says. To be honest, I sm torn and scared not sure of where I go from here. I do know this weekend I am going to work on my rdcordings I already have and try to get them upliaded so others can listen to them too.

#16 Paranormal_RN

Paranormal_RN

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
    Redoing old furniture
    Paranormal

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

I am sorry for your losses.  I completely understand you wanted to contact your mother, I really do.  Who's to say the voice you get WILL be your mother?  That is the problem.  I've also seen the shadow person in the fedora hat - not long after my husband left me.  There weren't any deaths, but the death of a marriage.  I've only seen him once, and only for an instant. I believe he is sort of like the bearer of "bad news" of shadow people.  Anyway, only you can make your decisions.  I too smoke in the garage - my husband (2nd) quit smoking 10 years ago.  I foolishly have not. Sometimes, you just have to let go.  Your mother may be in heaven, not an earth bound spirit, in which case, you won't be able to reach her anyway.  You will see her again, I believe when we pass on, we are reunited with our past loved ones.  I'd like to think so anyway.  Just be careful, and examine WHY you want to reach her so badly.  Is it worth your soul?  Just food for thought.  Blessings, Barb

#17 Misty

Misty

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Thank you Barb. No it is Not worth my soul. I have to listen to my friends, my family and you all. After all that's why I joined this group, to get ideas and opions. I think I am wiser for it. Thank you to everyone who took the time to reach out to me. God bless!  ♥♥♥

Edited by Misty, 03 January 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#18 Paranormal_RN

Paranormal_RN

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
    Redoing old furniture
    Paranormal

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

So, how is everything going Misty?  Just wonder how you are.  Hope you had a Happy New Years celebration.  Talk with you soon, Barb

#19 Misty

Misty

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

I did thank you. You? @ Goblin I do not know how to pm you here. Could you,pm me with the info please? I want to work on my evps this weekend and try making them into smaller clips. Do you think it is bad for me to listen to the ones I already have and make them into smaller clips so I can upload them?

Edited by Misty, 03 January 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#20 Misty

Misty

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

View Postevp, on 31 December 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

Hoping to get contact from the other side from a loved one has the probability factor comparable to winning the lottery. Any contact that suggests that its from a loved one is likely fooling you and cannot be trusted. If you're interested in working in an audio program, I would recommend using Audacity to start with. It's a freeware and for the most part is all you need. If you're interested, I wrote a tutorial several years ago outlining filtering using this program along with conversions. Contact me via pm and I will send it to you via email as it's in pdf document.
I can not figure out how to pm you, it says I do not have permission to do that. Could you pm me and I will send you my e-mail? Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EVPS, ghosts, spirits