78 replies to this topic

#21 TyGrrrr

TyGrrrr

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 02 November 2004 - 11:28 AM

Being from Newfoundland up here in Canada, I guess we're safe from the Wendigo unless it learns to swim the Atlantic. *grin* The other part of our province, Labrador, isn't so lucky tho.

Seriously tho, I've been fascinated with the Wendigo legend since a Spider-man comic back in the early 80s and your added info was very interesting Helena, I had never known that timeline before. I too, would like to hear if Dire Wolf's dad has more info on the Wendigo.

-TyGrrrr/Dana blink.gif

QUOTE(HelenaHandBaskettGStudy @ Oct 30 2004, 01:07 AM)
Be sure to post your findings DireWolf. I'm really fascinated by the legend of the Windego. Especially the beginnings of it! Nice to see you here on the new board fellow Canuck! wink.gif
View Post

Ya know what keeps me from acting? Auditions...

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with 'em later.

#22 babyjo53

babyjo53

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 11:45 AM

Wahhhhhh Now I will have nightmares for sure....The wendigo is gonna get on a raft and sail across the ocean landing at hastings. Its gonna climb the big hill and eat me!!!!!! wahhh
user posted image

#23 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2004 - 09:56 PM

Absolutely no problem for the info Tygrrr. I have a fascination with unknown creatures, and the lengend of the Windego is a pretty freaky legend. I love the First Nation's peoples legends. They fascinate me. To bad about all you fellow Labradoureans should the Windego get a case of wunderlust!!! laugh.gif

#24 Caesar

Caesar

Board Punk

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,400 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 02:48 PM

Helena, you know more about The Wendigo then I do. are there many versons to this or are they kinda the same
Be Good!

#25 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 09 November 2004 - 08:18 PM

I really don't know Ceaser.
One thing that I will add to the story is that after most of the town was found murdered, Dr. Burton mysteriously disappeared, and was never heard from again.To this day, the people around that Fort Kent area think that he and the Windego are one. Story goes he was possessed by the Windego.

#26 Turok-han

Turok-han

Orb

• GS Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 05:55 AM

Can somebody please explain to me why everytime i Google the word Wendigo i get werewolves!!!

#27 cottonzway

cottonzway

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:I like to hang with the lady and our pets. My fav hobby is hockey and hockey fights. I collect and trade for hockey fight tapes. ;) I also enjoy cooking, video games, fishing, and all sports.

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:43 AM

To me it just sounds like some upset hockey players because of the lockout!  smile.gif

Edited by cottonzway, 11 January 2005 - 08:44 AM.

"Not my captin pal!" -Mickey Redmen about Bob Probert after someone took a run at Red Wings Captin Steve Yzerman

"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle to resist the urge to punch 'em in the face, and for what?" -Moe The Bartender

#28 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 15 January 2005 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE(Turok-han @ Jan 11 2005, 06:55 AM)
Can somebody please explain to me why everytime i Google the word Wendigo i get werewolves!!!

View Post

Have you tried spelling it Windego. You may have better luck.  smile.gif I believe that's the spelling that is most common.

#29 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 09:04 PM

I live in Alberta Canada about 3 hours from the mountains and directly inside in the prairies. I've lived here all my life.

Seen lots of coyotes but never seen anything like a wendego. This old legend is fascinating however.

#30 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE(totalia @ Jan 16 2005, 10:04 PM)
I live in Alberta Canada about 3 hours from the mountains and directly inside in the prairies. I've lived here all my life.

Seen lots of coyotes but never seen anything like a wendego. This old legend is fascinating however.

View Post

The Wendigo legend supposedly takes place in Fort Kent, Alberta. (Although I don't know if Fort Kent exsists anymore.)

#31 metalhead666

metalhead666

EVP

• GS Member
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE(HelenaHandBaskettGStudy @ Oct 23 2004, 09:19 PM)
I live in Alberta yes, but the place where this supposedly happened is in Northern Alberta, way northern Alberta. I live in Calgary, which is Southern Alberta.

View Post

i live in calgary too. but back to the topic, i have also heard stories about teh wendigo and i do belive them. the attachments above didnt have images.

#32 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:45 PM

I live 3 hours away from you.

Where was Fort Kent?

#33 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:54 PM

Fort Kent

I have looked, but I can't find where the exact location is. Maybe someone else will have better luck!

#34 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 12:02 AM

I checked mapquest. Its right near Glendon NE or Edmonton.

Thanks for the link though. I had no clue. smile.gif

#35 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 12:03 AM

Oh and its about half way between Edmonton and the Saskatchewan border.

#36 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 19 January 2005 - 12:12 AM

So Northern Alberta than. Hmmmm, maybe have to go on a road trip someday.

#37 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 12:20 AM

I have to admit, it would be very interesting. Then again, I'm not sure I want to know. smile.gif

#38 I See Thru You

I See Thru You

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Ghoststudy...lol, I live for it. Hanging out with my family. Cleaning, cooking...blah blah blah, the usual stuff.

Posted 19 January 2005 - 02:10 AM

LOL, I live in Illinois...and I am making a mental note ::: Do not get lost in the woods of Canada:::. I can't say I will never visit, but I am taking a very big precaution now. I had never heard of this before. ( Shows where I have been huh? )... ::Shudders::

Edited by I See Thru You, 19 January 2005 - 02:11 AM.

IPB Image

~~~~ Alicia ~~~~

#39 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 19 January 2005 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE(I See Thru You @ Jan 19 2005, 03:10 AM)
LOL, I live in Illinois...and I am making a mental note ::: Do not get lost in the woods of Canada:::. I can't say I will never visit, but I am taking a very big precaution now. I had never heard of this before. ( Shows where I have been huh? )... ::Shudders::

View Post

Just so you know, there are plenty of places in Canada that are unwooded, so you don't have to visit a place near the woods. Mind you we do have a few lake monsters too! tongue.gif

#40 metalhead666

metalhead666

EVP

• GS Member
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:08 AM

hey helena i like your bill&ted sig.... everybody likes bill&ted......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users