New Paranormal Team Membership Questions

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

#1 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:39 AM

Recently,  I talked about interest in the paranormal ramping up usually in October. Most teams go through an interview process to ensure a new member will be a good fit. I thought I'd offer a generic list of questions to use or to add to their own list. Please understand, this was my list of questions and isn't meant to start a debate in belief systems or empirical methodology. If someone requires these questions in a MS Word format or PDF for better formatting, just PM me. You are welcome to modify my list to suit your purposes. If you use these questions and find them useful, comments are always appreciated.

Date:_____________________
Members Present:________________________
Potential Member:_________________________
Contact information:  ( )    -   
Email address: ________________________
  • What do you feel is the difference between a paranormal researcher and a ghost hunter?
  • Do you have any relatable skills that would help our group and if so what are they?
  • Open communication is a MUST.  We correspond via phone and email as often as possible to keep the lines of communication open among members.
  • Heavy lifting is involved.  Is there some sort of limitation that would affect in this process?  Set up and break down takes approximately 1 hour for each.
  • Do you believe paranormal television shows accurately depict an actual investigation? Why or why not?
  • Please tell me what you feel your strong points are as well as your weak points.
  • No drugs or alcohol! No smoking unless in a designated area. NOT UP FOR DEBATE!
  • What lead you to this hobby?
  • What are your thoughts on orbs?
  • Often times, investigations can be rather mundane.  You may be looking for a thrill and not get one.  It does not mean every investigation is like this, but more often than not, it is a lot of hurry up and wait.  How do you feel about this?
  • Do you have any known medical conditions that may affect your investigating with us? (ie. Weak heart, epileptic seizures, etc.)
  • Confidentiality is very important! We do not give out our any client information at all.  It is fine to discuss with members only. Please respect this.
  • We will not tolerate disrespect of any kind. This includes showing the utmost respect to clients, fellow members and the anomalous.
  • How well would you say you take instructions from others?
  • How do feel about divining instruments during investigations?  This includes divining rods, Ouija boards and pendulums.
  • What type of equipment are you willing to bring with you on an investigation? Would you be willing to purchase any equipment to better our group? (We are not talking a lot of money here so please do not panic!)
  • Why do you want to explore the realm of paranormal?
  • Do you have any fears of public speaking?
  • What do you feel is the most valuable tool an investigator can have at their disposal on an investigation?
  • What is the difference between empirical evidence and an anecdotal experience?
  • Do any of these names mean anything to you?
  • Friedrich Jürgenson
  • Konstantin Raudive
  • Sarah Estep
  • Peter Underwood
  • Lloyd Auerbach
  • Barry Taff
  • Harry Price

Edited by EVP, 27 October 2017 - 10:57 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:29 PM

EVP, That's a great list of questions.
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:34 PM

No debate here :) and well written I am sure it could help those out there wanting to start a group or add members :D
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,615 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

I like it!  :)

Oh, and I would add to # 7, no smoking unless in a designated area.  ;)
My Signature
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#5 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:58 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 27 October 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

EVP, That's a great list of questions.
Thanks Mac, hope someone finds it useful. I'd almost like to recommend a paperwork section here at "TheSoup" but I really don't know how well it would be received.

Edited by EVP, 27 October 2017 - 11:20 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#6 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:15 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 27 October 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

No debate here :) and well written I am sure it could help those out there wanting to start a group or add members :D

Thanks Klainey, we'll see where this goes, I have a lot of paperwork created available to use. Here's my current listing of 13 pieces. Hope it's not unlucky :).
  • Audio Event Log
  • Authorization To Perform A Paranormal Investigation
  • Basic Equipment Requirements For Members Paper Format
  • Basic Equipment Requirements For Members
  • Client Expectations
  • Client Liability Waiver Form
  • Client Paranormal Encounter Interview
  • Mermbership Interview
  • Media Validation
  • Potential Member Interview
  • Release & Confidentiality Form
  • Variable Placement Monitoring Equipment
  • Vigil Schedule

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 27 October 2017 - 10:07 PM, said:

I like it!  :)

Oh, and I would add to # 7, no smoking unless in a designated area.  ;)

Duly noted Jim and fixed. If I had my way, I'd avoid investigators who smoke entirely. I have COPD and a low tolerance for cigarettes. I'm virtually allergic to the smell.

Edited by EVP, 27 October 2017 - 11:17 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#7 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,615 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:37 PM

I like the second list of 13 too, EVP... but not sure I understand all of it. You may need to add a quick note to each question clarifying it's intended meaning.

What would the title of that list be?
My Signature
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#8 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:06 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 27 October 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

I like the second list of 13 too, EVP... but not sure I understand all of it. You may need to add a quick note to each question clarifying it's intended meaning.

What would the title of that list be?

Jim these aren't questions, they are individual paperwork. You' re right, the title of each document lacks explicit detail but you are somewhat limited with file names before they turn into a string of text no one will read.. As far as #13, it's a visual flow chart of vigil investigation. It's sometimes difficult explaining a basic game plan for an indoor investigation in words to new members. Aiding with visual examples makes it easier. It's pretty simple to understand once it's seen. #13 more illustrative instead of detail orientated. I'll post one of the pages for #13. This flowchart is used with 6 people in an investigation during an audio lockdown. It will offer less audio contamination in this example because the area remains less populated.

Q: What would the title of that list be?
A:  Investigation Paperwork

The flowchart still might not make a lot of sense to someone unaware of our investigative procedure until they saw our homebase setup. We had an audio workstation stringing out XLR cabling to 6 microphones up to 100 feet away. We would keep two people at the audio workstation monitoring with headphones while the 3rd person would monitor the 6 cameras we had paired with audio. The workstations also had pen and paper documenting time & location so further review after the investigation was made simpler. We perferred monitoring real-time whenever we could but blocks of audio were reserved to remove as much contamination as possible. Does this sound complicated? Yes it some ways but a necessary evil when you want to know where people are, who were at the homebase and to remove the unknown investigators from the scene of monitoring. Just my A-Retentive administering a control system as flawed as it may seem.

Posted Image

This is how our home base was setup.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by EVP, 28 October 2017 - 01:55 AM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#9 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:10 PM

I like that you are putting it out there for us to see.

Thank you.
My Signature
Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#10 Kristin

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:16 PM

Everyone who is interested in the Paranormal and the Spirit Realm has a reason why! Maybe its boredom who brought some to the subject to prove it doesn't exist or those who have had experiences who want to prove it does exist. I believe there is no question you can ask that will determine who would be a good asset to a team. There are people who spend thousands of dollars on equipment to see just a glimpse into the Spirit World and never get nothing and then there are those who don't even try and get all kinds of evidence. The evidence is always distorted, blurred and never clear because that the way its captured unfortunately.  All the famous Physics and Mediums I think are full of it, sorry to say. I believe the Spirit Realm was a knowledge we had and was lost through time. Nobody has any idea really about it, you want to find a good investigator ask this question. Merged together as one they roam through time, they are not lost but forgotten as they continue to move on. There beliefs in life are still with them as they roam, now looking for an answer and a place to be still and call home. If a candidate for a team can understand this and can make sense of it my OP they will be a good investigator!!!!

#11 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:07 AM

View PostKristin, on 28 October 2017 - 07:16 PM, said:

Everyone who is interested in the Paranormal and the Spirit Realm has a reason why! Maybe its boredom who brought some to the subject to prove it doesn't exist or those who have had experiences who want to prove it does exist. I believe there is no question you can ask that will determine who would be a good asset to a team. There are people who spend thousands of dollars on equipment to see just a glimpse into the Spirit World and never get nothing and then there are those who don't even try and get all kinds of evidence. The evidence is always distorted, blurred and never clear because that the way its captured unfortunately.  All the famous Physics and Mediums I think are full of it, sorry to say. I believe the Spirit Realm was a knowledge we had and was lost through time. Nobody has any idea really about it, you want to find a good investigator ask this question. Merged together as one they roam through time, they are not lost but forgotten as they continue to move on. There beliefs in life are still with them as they roam, now looking for an answer and a place to be still and call home. If a candidate for a team can understand this and can make sense of it my OP they will be a good investigator!!!!

It really depends on the foundation of the teams belief systems and the objectiveness of empirical evidence. Some teams work upon a spiritual premise incorporating Wiccan traditions including divination tools. Other teams look at this as purely an exercise in documentation in an empirical manner. No one person can generically blanket what constitutes "a good investigator". It's more of who will fit best and offer the most to a team. I've work with a dozen or more teams and what keeps a flourishing and healthy team together is common purpose and chemistry.

Edited by EVP, 29 October 2017 - 03:08 AM.

My Signature
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com