The Fakes Thread

• You cannot reply to this topic
124 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_reticent1_*

• Guests

Posted 19 January 2005 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(corinna805 @ Jan 19 2005, 10:07 AM)
There are some very good fabricated pictures here.  Red your pictures are pretty convincing; nice job. 

For those who believe that a digital camera cannot create a double exposure. Here is a picture I took using my Samsung 4.0 mp Digimax 430, I was taking a picture of the painting and the painter; this was a grand opening for the community college new Marine Biology Center, anyways as you can see, there is a semi-transparent Biology instructor.  The instructor was in another picture; the one after this one.

user posted image

View Post

Very cool, Corinna!  Thanks so much for sharing this.  Who'd have thunk?!

#42 I See Thru You

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Ghoststudy...lol, I live for it. Hanging out with my family. Cleaning, cooking...blah blah blah, the usual stuff.

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:51 PM

This is a prime example of getting your pics developed by a cheap place. They accidently got something on the negative. how nice.I think he sneezed on it.  mad.gif  They are lucky that it didn't ruin my kids face. LOL. But if you notice to the left of her, The BLOB on the cabinet, is water on the negative before it was printed.
My Signature
IPB Image

~~~~ Alicia ~~~~

#43 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,703 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 09 February 2005 - 05:10 PM

You see what you want to see- I've discovered that I can look at almost any photograph and see some sort paranormal image. I'm talking about not very obvious things, but really small things that really are nothing. I know that the ghosts in authentic photographs usually don't just automatically pop out of the photograph when you look at it, but sometimes if you just stare at a photograph for a long time and you are specifically looking for a ghost, etc... your eyes begin playing tricks on you and you see whatever you want.

I'm relatively new here, and really agree with that. Many pics posted elsewhere on the boards are just that, IMO.
My Signature
Posted Image

#44 LadyMercy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal, reading, travel, The UK, RPG's

Posted 23 February 2005 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE(GhostDog @ Nov 20 2004, 05:46 AM)
Nice touch, Deb! biggrin.gif I'm such a dork!!  It took me about five minutes to see the ghost in the second Battlecreek Mansion pic!

My favorite fabricated is a video clip from a site called My Son Peter.  The whole site/story was made up (I wanna say by an advertising firm?) and they've removed the video from the site since the last time I was there.  Does anyone have that clip saved by any chance?  If so, can you post a link??  I'd love to see it again!
Thanks!! cool.gif

View Post

actually I was at that site this morning and the video was still there.  

Katie

#45 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 26 February 2005 - 08:52 PM

There is actually a pretty good discussion about mysonpeter.com here:
http://www.paranormalsoup.com/forums/index...?showtopic=5425
Darkone did some pretty interesting research. smile.gif

ISeeThruYou, if you look closely the looks to be like the lower have of a skull in you picture. It's just the steam and (is that a bench?) a piece of furniture, and they appear to be making something that isn't really there, but it is pretty cool!! smile.gif

#46 Araine

Apport

• GS Member
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 08:22 PM

Not fabricated, but a very good example on how trees and gaps in the leaves can play with the mind.  This is a photo of a movie set that is currently filming.  I reduced the photo by half so it doesn't take up so much space here, but you can still easily see the face.

user posted image

ETA:  There is a lot of smoke around during the filming of this particular shot, just in case you're wondering what on earth is going on with the haze effect.

Edited by Araine, 01 March 2005 - 08:23 PM.

#47 Guest_OffDutyCopGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 17 March 2005 - 03:25 PM

Sorry about the darkness of the picture everyone, but it's all I've got. If someone wants to lighten it up a little, be my guest.

This picture was taken by myself on the Flight Deck of the USS Yorktown, and when I first saw this picture, my breath caught in my throat.

Then I realized that all I was looking at was a WWII Navy Uniform on display, being worn by a blank mannaquin.  biggrin.gif

user posted image

Edited by Off Duty Cop, 17 March 2005 - 03:26 PM.

#48 lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:30 PM

That is cool regardless. I can see where you may have mistaken that for a ghost.
My Signature

#49 spookymatchbox

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 10:24 PM

that would've spooked me at first too, even if it is just a mannequin, it's creepy looking!
My Signature
user posted image

Official Rejects site : The Devil's Rejects

R.I.P. Matthew McGrory

#50 Shaggy_64A

EVP

• GS Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 05:39 AM

I thought it really was someone or something at first, until I noticed that the uniform wasn't standing like a normal person would stand, ya know?  Nice pic though, I have a love affair with naval ships and subs so I think ANY pic is kool that involves one or the other  biggrin.gif

-Shaggy

#51 Guest_OffDutyCopGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 21 March 2005 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE(Ms._Whatsis @ Mar 21 2005, 01:35 PM)
No, I would have not thought that it was phenomena because the image is too complete - you can even see the shoes, and there is no other phenomena manifesting.  I don't know about you guys, but it seems to me that when I am looking at something real there is seldom only one item to view in the pic.

View Post

Yes, but you have to remember, who is to say that a spirit can't appear "complete"? As others have stated on this site, ghosts don't necessarily manifest themselves as orbs and energy streaks all the time.

Others have discredited some interesting photos/cam caps, because the subject looks too "solid". In my opinion, too many people buy into the stereotype that all ghosts appear transluscent or as balls of energy.

I've read countless stories where spirits were mistaken for the living. How could you confuse a ghost for a living person if you could see right through it?

True, the full body apparition picture does seem to be our "White Whale", but I must believe that it exists, and is possible to obtain.

#52 deb_493

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Interests:paranormal

Posted 21 March 2005 - 01:49 PM

i agree and i wont give up till i get one(full bodied app) so the maniquin in the pic may not be a real app but it sure would have caught my attention thats for sure, just one question(probably nothing but)who are the 2 guys standing towards the back? i thought it may have been a pic/poster or something! perhaps you can clear that up for me!!!

Edited by deb_493, 21 March 2005 - 01:50 PM.

My Signature
user posted image

#53 Guest_OffDutyCopGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 21 March 2005 - 03:57 PM

Deb-

The two guys in the back are Wilbur and Orville Wright (The first men to successfully achieve manned flight), and they are nothing more than part of a cardboard cut-out display.

Edited by Off Duty Cop, 21 March 2005 - 04:02 PM.

#54 datagate

Orb

• GS Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 11:21 AM

real or not, thats creepy
My Signature
i thought what i'd do was i would pretend to be one of those deaf-mute types

#55 dlynch343

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:23 PM

This photo took me 30 seconds to make biggrin.gif
user posted image
My Signature
'Ghosts are there all you need is faith'

#56 Darklighter

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Interests:At the moment my main interests are photography, ghost hunting, sight seeing, reading, and scrapbooking.<br /><br />After emerging from my bout with a debilitating illness (Latin name Isuckus Muchhardus) relatively unscathed I've resumed haunting the boards.<br /><br />Now mobile and armed with a camera and a taperecorder (among other tools) I'm up for investigating any ghostly happenings and haunted sights in the UK and Ireland. <br /><br />Contact me at Darklighter_Solo@hotmail.com if you want to go on a ghost hunting jaunt.

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:55 AM

Here's a terribly fabricated photo created on a digicam by somebody walking through the shot on a long shutter speed.
But it doesn't actually look real. smile.gif

user posted image

Edited by Darklighter, 16 June 2005 - 05:57 AM.

My Signature

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>"And I, of ladies most dejected and wretched,
...O, woe is me
T'have seen what I have seen, see what I see."
</span>

#57 Jointo

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 01:16 PM

I couldnt find the fabricated picture category to put this in so hopeing a mod can move for me but here is a capof the Queen mary when they shot an episode of baywatch there  rolleyes.gif

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/Ghostly1/fakeq.jpg

#58 darwin

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:22 PM

here's my first attempt ever...got really really bored so thought i'd give it a shot.
user posted image

i used two photos..both of which i took in goliad texas.
one is of a battle reenactment ..and the other is looking through a pavilion window at the actual battle site.

reference pic 1

reference pic 2

#59 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:32 PM

That looks really good Darwin! I would have  thought that one real if you hadn't said anything!

#60 darwin

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:12 AM

thanks!
i did another with a cemetary pic.
i was originally going to go for a non definative white blob sort of effect..but went with transparent weeping lady instead.
she might be a little too visible.
user posted image

Edited by darwin, 05 July 2005 - 11:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com