© Fisana

How Did You Find Ghoststudy?

• Please log in to reply
478 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:41 AM

I know that we have had a couple of threads regarding this in the Parlor, but I think this is a great way to find out where all our new members (and older ones) are finding us!

Myself, I found GS through another ghost and haunting website. I cannot even remember what the name of it was, because I haven't been back to it since finding GS!!

#2 TomorrowAlora

TomorrowAlora

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Horror, fantasy, and real life that is stranger than fiction.

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:25 AM

This is a great topic! smile.gif

I found GS through a friend; we were talking about the paranormal (what else? lol) and he asked if I had ever been here. When I said 'no' he gave me the link. I am so glad he did because I really love it here. *sniff*

biggrin.gif

Proud member of "The Head-Knockers Club"

Just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they aren't here. Just because you can't hear them, doesn't mean they aren't whispering in my ear.

"Disrupting the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it." --Dr. Horrible

#3 paraportal

paraportal

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Investigating the paranormal.

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:32 AM

How did you find Ghoststudy?

Turned left at Greenland.

---
Looking at paranormal evidence with an open, unbiased mind and with a yearning to determine the facts from the fakes.

#4 alias

alias

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:49 AM

I was doing a report at school about a scary story that i had to make up and I needed some good ghost pictures to help me present them and also some good information on ghosts as well. So I googled ghost pictures and stories and up came GS at about number 5. It took me a couple of years after that to join the board but that's when I offically found out about it.

- people are strangers, because they are strange

#5 Amelia

Amelia

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:Music, paranormal, art, psychology , Horror movies.etc

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:11 AM

this is is fun  woot.gif well i find GS wen i was visiting the official page from my favorite horror movie the Exorcist ,  they have the link from a few ghostpages , but of course this is the best one!!  starwars.gif
IPB Image
ghosts not only exist, but that they can truly haunt the places where they died.

#6 boobookitti

boobookitti

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:54 AM

I was looking for ghost pics 4 years ago...haven't left since smile.gif
IPB Image

#7 I Cut My Wings

I Cut My Wings

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:I'm from France but live on an american military base in Germany.<br />I'm a student in psychology/criminology and special forces.<br />I have a variety of interests that goes from Arts ( acting, singing, drawing ) to paranormal things such as ghosts and others unexplained subjects.<br />I have myself plenty of stories that went through my family until today which is the principal reason why I strongly belive in ghost, spirits and others &quot;unseen&quot; things.

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:05 AM

Me my mom actually found it...she was looking for ghost pictures to see it there was anything we had  that looked alike.... But I'm the one who stayed there!!!
My mom isn't a internet person really...I tried to make her join the forum to talk about her experience which she did but haven't read from her yet!

val
IPB Image

SOFTLY as brown-eyed Angels rove
I will return to thy alcove,
And glide upon the night to thee,
Treading the shadows silently.

And I will give to thee, my own,
Kisses as icy as the moon,
And the caresses of a snake
Cold gliding in the thorny brake.

And when returns the livid morn
Thou shalt find all my place forlorn
And chilly, till the falling night.

Others would rule by tenderness
Over thy life and youthfulness,
But I would conquer thee by fright!

The Ghost--Charle Baudelaire

#8 fbjewels

fbjewels

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:My kids, Reading, the Paranormal, Useless Movie Trivia

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:57 AM

I was looking for ghost pictures and EVP.  This was by far the best site out there! smile.gif  That was in 2001, I believe.  I lurked for years before joining the forum.

#9 Darktania

Darktania

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:22 PM

About 5 years ago I was lured to the photo gallery ( I cant seem to remember how...I guess I partied too much in college). Between the community and the photo gallery I havent been able to leave since.

#10 anaemia

anaemia

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:26 PM

Aaaages ago, back in the eZboard days. Probably while browsing the paranormal section or something of that sort.
IPB Image

#11 LilTue

LilTue

Total Harry Potter Geek

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:57 PM

Found it while looking for Ghost Pictures a some years ago.  Luckily I've managed to keep the same name thru all the various board evolutions hehe.  Great thread btw smile.gif
Posted Image
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein

#12 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:37 PM

I love reading how everyone came to be here at GS!!! I also like the fact that y'all say you can't leave!!!! *insert evil laughter here*  woot.gif

#13 HARVEY

HARVEY

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Wine and Chocolate

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:14 PM

I found it whilst a member of another board( very inferior compared to this one ) I noticed some of the photos were credited to G.S. and did a search and have never visited the other board since.

#14 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts
  • Location:Over the Hill and Through the Woods...Really just Over the Hill
  • Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:19 PM

I'm sure I found it searching the web for ghost pics. I always remember saying let's go to that ghoststudy site, they have the coolest pictures. I had submitted one that made it to the gallery and I've been faithful since...lol!

#15 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:21 PM

Which one Jeeps? (Your gallery photo that is!)

#16 Tomspy77

Tomspy77

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Writing and the unknown ;-)

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:46 PM

Through Google. I have read ghost tales and visted sites off and on for awhile, and started even watching these omline 'Ghost Cams' of late....so I figured after reading what others had posted, I might as well see what I can learn...

BTW, no matter what gender is at the end of the handles, I'm happy to see Elvira and Lilly from the Munsters, surely two of the most overlooked women in terms of sex appeal. (No offense.  biggrin.gif )

#17 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE(Tomspy77 @ Oct 17 2006, 10:46 PM) View Post

Through Google. I have read ghost tales and visted sites off and on for awhile, and started even watching these omline 'Ghost Cams' of late....so I figured after reading what others had posted, I might as well see what I can learn...

BTW, no matter what gender is at the end of the handles, I'm happy to see Elvira and Lilly from the Munsters, surely two of the most overlooked women in terms of sex appeal. (No offense.  biggrin.gif )

None taken!! smile.gif (At least not by me!)

#18 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:40 PM

Back when I was in college, I developed a serious fascination with paranormal investigating, ghost photography, and EVP.  I mostly browsed individual teams' websites for the first few years...but then I wanted some ghost pics that were a bit more hard core.   whistling.gif  devil.gif  

I put "ghost photos" into the search engine and GS came up.  I discovered the monthly galleries (this was back in 2002) and looked at every single picture posted.  I was hooked right away.  I got into the forums a few months later, decided to join "just for fun"...and now look where it's gotten me!
   laugh.gif

#19 Ravenlady

Ravenlady

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:07 AM

Found a link to this place from a friend who sent me some fun things about ghosts biggrin.gif

Anna

#20 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts
  • Location:Over the Hill and Through the Woods...Really just Over the Hill
  • Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE(HelenaHandBaskettGStudy @ Oct 17 2006, 09:55 PM) View Post

None taken!! smile.gif (At least not by me!)

Me neither! They are sexy  biggrin.gif  (I'm a female btw...)

Helena, I don't have the link to the gallery as it's in the crypt now and I can't get my password to work so here is the picture that was posted in the gallery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users