• Please log in to reply
478 replies to this topic

#21 Claire

Claire

Living Dead

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts
  • Interests:Photography, painting and ghosthunting!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:01 AM

Oh!  Easy!  Looking for ghost photos!  Have you noticed that when you do a search for ghost photos on almost any search engine the very first link listed is almost always GS?  I remember the first time I found those GS photo galleries.  Kept me entertained and spooked for hours.  I went through every single one of those galleries.  For some reason, back then, when I clicked on the Message Board icon it didn't take me anywhere.  I thought maybe the board was down or something.  So for months I didn't know there WAS a board.  Finally I clicked on right thing and it brought me to the boards.  I joined that day.

I had had a bad experience on a board back in 2001 where I was asst mgr.  I unjoined and was paranormal board-less for 3 years until I found this place.

I actually have a message board of my own but I've fixed it where when you click on it it sends you here!
Posted Image
"We all go a little mad sometimes."  Norman Bates

#22 zig9mer

zig9mer

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:reading, just about anything that is out of the ordinary.

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:09 PM

I think it was about two hours after I had gotten my fisrt com. I did a yahoo search for "ghosts" and ghoststudy was the most interesting one I ran across, it was about a year before I joined though (I'm a procrastinator.......I know) yes.gif
......................................................................................................................................................
"Tis true my form is something odd. but blaming me is blaming God; could I create myself anew I would
  not fail in pleasing you. If I could reach from pole to pole or grasp the ocean with a span, I would be
  measured by the soul; the minds' standard of the man."
                                                                           by: Joseph C. Merrick (The Elephant Man)

#23 George Stark

George Stark

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:That's a closely guarded secret

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE(JeepersCreepersGStudy @ Oct 19 2006, 08:32 AM) View Post

Me neither! They are sexy  biggrin.gif  (I'm a female btw...)

Helena, I don't have the link to the gallery as it's in the crypt now and I can't get my password to work so here is the picture that was posted in the gallery.

woot.gif YOU took the captain photo? I LOOOOOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah I came across it in 4th grade looking for ghost photos And I'm never gonna leave

#24 Guest_TheresaRHPS_*

Guest_TheresaRHPS_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:27 PM

I think I found it when I was looking for ghost pictures waaaay back in the day...early high school.  What's really sad was that it wasn't even google that I used.  This was from a time before the phrase "google it" was a significant part of our vocabulary, lol...

Anyway, I always lurked around the boards, but I really had no interests in forums at the time...just didn't like the way they were set up.  I think I did register, but I don't even remember what name I used, lol.  Last year I got bored and finally joined again, since the board had improved so much and was much more user friendly.

#25 whiteshadow

whiteshadow

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Landscaping, making wood crafts ( mainly ingraving placks ), interier decorating, rock music, art, paranomal

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:47 PM

It was back in May, I had just got the internet.  Knew next to nothing about computers.
And I thought," Hey, I've got the whole world infront of me now where do I want to go?"
Then it came to me.  I want to find people that have shared some of the experiences I have had.
I want to find people that truly believe in the paranormal.  I want answers.  I want to find
people that I can connect with that won't think I'm cazy for believing in ghost.
  So I searched for ghost sites on my browes and found GS.  And I joined
that very night. And I've been here ever since.
Why?  Because I really felt welcome here and everyone was so nice.  I could be myself
and no one ever judged me.  I truly feel a family bond here.  And I've learned sooo much.
Thank You GS!
  no.gif

Edited by whiteshadow, 19 October 2006 - 04:54 PM.

#26 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:34 PM

Thank you so much for your kind words about GS WhiteShadow!! They mean more than you know!!

#27 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts
  • Location:Over the Hill and Through the Woods...Really just Over the Hill
  • Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE(White Hawk @ Oct 19 2006, 01:16 PM) View Post

woot.gif YOU took the captain photo? I LOOOOOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woot.gif  laugh.gif

Yup...it was me. I took that pic.   smile.gif

#28 Linduriel

Linduriel

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:My husband, loud music, reality shows, So You Think You Can Dance!!!, fantasy novels (just finished A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin), gross movies, Norse mythology, babies, and my cats...

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:05 PM

It was fate...just found it searching for ghosty stuff....I love it here... pirate.gif

#29 JAFO

JAFO

Orb

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:09 AM

Craigslist

#30 eternalvampire

eternalvampire

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 09:05 PM

[color=#660000][font=Comic Sans Ms][size=3][s] bunny.gif I foulnd out about ghost study while i was looking for people with a commin interest in the "super natural".

#31 Levicorvus

Levicorvus

Orb

• GS Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:07 PM

I found it when i was looking for pictures of ghostly things, i wanted to find out what i saw in my was and i came across this site and liked the people so i joined, hoping to learn new things. starwars.gif and your smileys are awesome by the way lol
“And now, farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude… I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the god of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked.”
                                                                               --Alexandre Dumas in The Count of Monte Cristo

#32 jackie

jackie

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:43 AM

[font=Comic Sans Ms]
I am really new here!
I came across this site while trying to find ghostly pictures to compare to what I thought I may have captured. I started looking at the ghost cams, and found you all!
My Mom has always been a strong beleiver in all this, and she has passed her interest to me. We love to walk through old cemeteries! (my sister thinks we are crazy!) dry.gif
We are now wanting to plan a trip to Myrtle Plantation as it is not too far from us here in Texas!
I am glad to be here, everyone seems oh so nice, and full of information!
Jackie

#33 Spammie

Spammie

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 07:44 AM

I believe I was just googling "ghost photos" and came across GS. Just like everyone else, I was hooked from that moment. Something about this site, it is very friendly and easy to get around it. Other sites have pictures but when I go to them months down the road the same pictures are posted. GS is constantly being updated, improved, etc. It doesn't sit idle for long periods of time. Plus you have it all here, photos, forums, etc. It's great!! I don't have as much time to spend here as I did last year because I am really busy with my kids lately but I still check it out at least once or twice a week if not more, even if I am only on for a minute or two. I have always been interested in the paranormal and I have learned so much since joining this site. I will be here as long as it exists. biggrin.gif

#34 MissSensitive

MissSensitive

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:Enlightened spirit who loves all outdoor activites. Studied Art and History in College. Love to spend time with my two girls, husband, and three dogs. I workout, bike ride, wake board and surf. I enjoy painting, drawing, making jewelry, photography, and all craft makings. I am a believer in the paranormal, and I am comfortable living among the ghosts/spirits that visit us. I love to share information and learn from others experiences.

Posted 11 November 2006 - 04:48 PM

I found the site by searching for and about ghosts on Google. Didn't even bother looking at other sites since I found and joined this one...because  its the BEST!!!   biggrin.gif

QUOTE(whiteshadow @ Oct 19 2006, 04:47 PM) View Post

It was back in May, I had just got the internet.  Knew next to nothing about computers.
And I thought," Hey, I've got the whole world infront of me now where do I want to go?"
Then it came to me.  I want to find people that have shared some of the experiences I have had.
I want to find people that truly believe in the paranormal.  I want answers.  I want to find
people that I can connect with that won't think I'm cazy for believing in ghost.
  So I searched for ghost sites on my browes and found GS.  And I joined
that very night. And I've been here ever since.
Why?  Because I really felt welcome here and everyone was so nice.  I could be myself
and no one ever judged me.  I truly feel a family bond here.  And I've learned sooo much.
Thank You GS!
  no.gif

took the words out of my mouth!  biggrin.gif
IPB Image
There are times I feel that I am not alone....

#35 Stuckinahs

Stuckinahs

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:26 PM

Actually a member of another board told me about this site.  I am glad to be hear and look forward to getting to know other members.

#36 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts
  • Location:Over the Hill and Through the Woods...Really just Over the Hill
  • Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(Stuckinahs @ Nov 13 2006, 06:26 PM) View Post

Actually a member of another board told me about this site.  I am glad to be hear and look forward to getting to know other members.

We're happy to have you too and I look forward to seeing you around!  biggrin.gif  That is a CUTE baby in your avatar. Is that your baby? Looks like a first birthday  happy.gif

#37 Bananna

Bananna

Apport

• GS Member
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, writing, video games, anime

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:55 PM

I wanted to find some ghost photos for some reason, so I put it into google's search engine.

And it went all downhill from there. biggrin.gif

#38 mookie427

mookie427

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:41 AM

Found it thru Ghoststudy itself, was browsing the galleries a long time before I finally registered

#39 GhostlyGrace

GhostlyGrace

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Interests:Freaking people out with my thoughts & dreams

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:57 PM

You actually expect me to remember how I found this place?  That was years ago... back when tippiflaps was a moderator and ezboard had come and gone a few times and it was just too long ago.. Maybe 2002?  I think I lurked in 2001 but can't remember... I think i was reading another ghost message board and somebody mentioned this one but not really sure...

Posted Image

#40 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE(GhostlyGrace @ Nov 16 2006, 06:57 PM) View Post

You actually expect me to remember how I found this place?  That was years ago... back when tippiflaps was a moderator and ezboard had come and gone a few times and it was just too long ago.. Maybe 2002?

GhostlyGrace, that's when I found this place too.  smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users