• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Butchern

Butchern

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:55 PM

In the last few weeks we have had several neighbors say they've seen "orbs" (spooky lights) on the canal near our house. Upon hearing this and upon finding out that our town already has a "famous" ghost-orb-seeing spot, my little sister has become obsessed with ghost hunting . . . a subject I know nothing about. So, here I am on the internet, being the good sister, finding out how to give her a proper ghost hunting experience. :D  We found one community that was really active but mostly useless (even the skeptics there were pretty useless!). So I went hunting again tonight and found y'all.

Hey.

I'll poke around the forum tomorrow and find the right place to start a thread to talk about what we have done so far and ask my many, many questions. :)

#2 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Earthbound Spirit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:02 PM

Welcome to the forums Butchern! You came to the right place to learn about ghost hunting, we have a variety of really cool investigators here. And I am super sure they have a ton of advice on making sure it's a safe experience for you and your sister. :)
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#3 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:55 PM

Hello and welcome aboard. : :sign0016:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Doppelganger

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:02 PM

:sign0016: Yes, this is a very friendly site and I am sure the other member would like to hear your adventures, so please keep is updated :)
Posted Image

#5 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,287 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:30 AM

Glad you found us, Butchern!
I'll be looking forward to your posts. ........ I will also be interested in knowing more about the type of orbs people there are seeing with their eyes. Do the orbs show up in pictures?
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#6 Butchern

Butchern

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:44 AM

So far we haven't seen any pictures, but we are still in the early research stages. The lights have been written about in books and in the newspaper over the decades. We are still hunting all those up for the scrap book.

Right now we are trying to rule out any natural possibilities (people trespassing on the canal, police patrolling the canal, swamp or sewer gas).

I posted a condensed version (still way too long though) of our week 1 investigation diary. We are headed out to the site today to poke around and are going to talk to a deputy in our neighborhood tonight to get some info from law enforcement.

#7 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:13 AM

Hi there!  Welcome!  :)

Posted Image

"Somehow through it all...  We carry on...

Raise you up when you fall...  We carry on...

Bury the past...  Wounds remain...  Through it all...  A desire to live again"

#8 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,187 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:01 AM

Welcome! It's good to hear you're checking out any potential natural causes versus paranormal first
Posted Image

#9 Butchern

Butchern

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 23 April 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

Welcome! It's good to hear you're checking out any potential natural causes versus paranormal first
I have a very methodical job. It's in my blood. :D Plus it's more educational if we explore all the options. For example, now we know what makes the rotten egg smell we get from the canal, how many parts per million at which the gas is detectable by the nose, how many parts per million at which it reacts to a flame, how it diffuses in water, and how to test for it. :) STEM for the win!

We are obviously having a good (silly?) time with this little adventure, and I'm not sure what the girls actually believe. Four years ago when I found out I had sisters (surprise!) and they came to live with me (they were 8 and 10), we had fun "playing" all sorts of things they never really believed in (Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, tooth fairy, etc.). I'm not sure what they think about Stinky the Ghost. I'm not sure what I believe, to be honest. I've seen enough in my life to be convinced that the human soul is a real thing. Watching a patient while he has a near death experience will do that to you. That makes ghosts, by extension, a possibility. But, naturally, I'm a bit skeptical that Mr. Eddie actually saw one. We'll see . . .

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Doppelganger

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:59 AM

Wow, you know a lot about rotten egg smell :confused0068: and how to look after your sisters :)
Posted Image

#11 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:15 AM

Welcome!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users