There's Something In My Room!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 RoweManiac

RoweManiac

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, reading, writing, anime, drawing, movies etc.

Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:33 AM

Growing up, I've lived in a couple haunted houses but the most haunted one was the last house I lived in. I can't say for sure but I think there was and might still be, something 'Evil' in that house. This is the same house I've mentioned in my first post. Consider this a continuation of that story. One incident occurred earlier this year, months before I were to move away. It started off like any other night for my brother and I. His kids were over for the weekend along with my nephew who had asked to stay the night. My nephew and my nieces all know about the creepy things that go on in the house despite being children. They've all experienced something at one point or another. So it was no wonder why I would suspect they would try to play a trick on me at that time, but I would soon find out I was horrifyingly mistaken.

It was close to 2:00 am. When I finally decided to head to bed. I don't normally stay up late during a weekend but I had no work the following day, so I took advantage of the free time. I went through my normal routine to get ready for bed as always. My nephew and nieces were all passed out in the living room underneath their homemade fort when I finally entered my room to sleep. I shut the light off, crawled into bed and threw the blanket over my head. I like to sleep with a fan on every night because I find it helps me sleep but it does get pretty cold from time to time, thus the blanket over the head. I guess I'm weird like that, it could be the middle of winter and I'd still run that fan.

I must have been in bed for a couple minutes when I heard what sounded like my bedroom door creaking open. Normally I would pull the blanket down to see but I figured it might just be my imagination. Then I heard it close. Listening, I then began to hear whispering, almost like little children. My first initial thought was 'it's got to be the kids, probably checking to see if I'm still awake'. So I thought I'd wait to see what they were going to do. Figured if they were going to try and scare me, I would beat them to the punch. So I continued to lay there with the blanket over my head.

As the whispering got closer, I noticed I couldn't make out their words except for a giggle and a quick "ssshhhh" at the head of my bed, almost like they were standing right next to me. So finally I reached my hand out to grab at them from under the blanket and said " ALRIGHT YOU GUYS WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" As I'm reaching out, I notice I'm grabbing at air. Officially freaked, I flung the blanket off my head and found that there was NO ONE there. I got out of bed and looked out my bedroom door to see if the kids were up, but of course they weren't. Needless to say, it took me some time to fall back asleep.

The following night, things took a little turn from creepy to down right TERRIFYING. It was the kids last night at the house before going back home to there mothers. I had found out that I didn't have to go to work again the following day, which was AWESOME and  I decided to stay up late again. This time it's close to 3:00 am. when I finally decided to go to bed. Again, the kids were all asleep in the living room before I headed to bed. Once more, I turned off the light, turned on my fan, climbed into bed and pulled the blanket over my head and I just laid there, listening. Sure enough, I hear my door creak open and close. But this time, something didn't feel right. The room felt off and as I listened, fear flooded over me as I heard three loud thuds rush across my bedroom floor from the door to my bed and on the third thud, my fan SHUT OFF! In the few seconds the fan was off I heard RIGHT at my ear, as if something or someone was leaning in, a low and deep 'GROWL'. Then the fan clicked back on and I leapt from my bed and RAN out the door. I ended up falling asleep in the living room with the kids that night.

Edited by RoweManiac, 14 May 2020 - 08:48 AM.

#2 Altersense

Altersense

EVP

• GS Member
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:It would be easier for me to list the things I am not interested in.
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude
    Romance Novels/Hallmark or Lifetime Channel
    That pretty much sums me up....everything else is on the table(:

Posted 14 May 2020 - 07:11 PM

I've enjoyed this experience even though they are never enjoyable when your going through it. Thanks for sharing.

#3 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,196 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:58 PM

I shouldn't laugh but I agree alter sense, its good for us to read!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:09 AM

:fright: Oh what an experience ! I think I wouldn't have slept!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 05:11 PM

That's the sort of reaction pranksters are looking for. If you think of events like that as someone/something intentionally looking to get a reaction from you, it's a lot less frightening.

#6 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 25 May 2020 - 06:16 PM

View PostTrue North, on 25 May 2020 - 05:11 PM, said:

That's the sort of reaction pranksters are looking for. If you think of events like that as someone/something intentionally looking to get a reaction from you, it's a lot less frightening.
Pranksters as in 'Ghosts, Spirits or Paranormal?'  Have you experienced something such as this True North? I never have so I don't know how I would react - certainly not as logical and reminding myself to be calm as I feel you would.

#7 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 02:39 AM

Yes, pranksters and nuisances of all kinds. I've experienced lots of bedroom stuff in the past but these days no one interrupts me at home (I don't allow it, I like my peace and quiet).

#8 RoweManiac

RoweManiac

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:16 PM

View PostTrue North, on 26 May 2020 - 02:39 AM, said:

Yes, pranksters and nuisances of all kinds. I've experienced lots of bedroom stuff in the past but these days no one interrupts me at home (I don't allow it, I like my peace and quiet).
I do appreciate all kinds logic, as I can't explain exactly what it was that I was experiencing. Normally people would assume the kids, but they were asleep when this happened. And even so, I only heard someone or something come into the room...I never heard them leave. And I would know too, my door makes an awful creaking sound when opening, even at the slightest. Again, I'm not saying it was something paranormal but I'm not saying it wasn't either. Too many strange things have happened in that house and I wasn't the only one to experience them. But I will admit it does make an interesting read for some and if you did like it somewhat I have written another recollection of one of my most frightening experiences listed under the topic "Attempt of Possession".  You are welcome to believe it true or not but know, I stand by every word to be the truth to my fullest ability and knowledge. I posted these experiences in hopes that they might help someone in some way. If you've ever been through something remotely haunting it's sometimes comforting to know you're not alone. But thank you for reading.

#9 RoweManiac

RoweManiac

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:29 PM

View PostMichelleGStudy, on 25 May 2020 - 06:16 PM, said:

Pranksters as in 'Ghosts, Spirits or Paranormal?'  Have you experienced something such as this True North? I never have so I don't know how I would react - certainly not as logical and reminding myself to be calm as I feel you would.
Thank you for your post, but I don't mind what True North said, all responses are welcome. We all deal with the paranormal and abnormal in our own way. It is hard to believe in such wild stories some would say, but these are not stories. They are more of a documented recollection of my experiences and I hope they might help someone some day. It's always good to know that you're not the only one in this world that's been through something so frightening and unable to explain. If you're interested in reading more, look up "Attempt of Possession". A recollection of one of my most haunting and frightening experiences I've ever been through. And know, I stand by ever word to true to the fullest of my ability. I take the paranormal to seriously to EVER joke about something like this. If I was simply telling a made up ghost story I would have tried a different site. I chose this one because I knew there would be people that shared the same experiences as me and I can some how find comfort in that. I will say, I have since moved out of that house and no longer experience these frightening moments, though I do worry for my brother as, him and his family currently reside in the home and they have all in one way or another experienced something paranormal there. Some good...some not so good. Thank you for reading.

#10 RoweManiac

RoweManiac

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:34 PM

View PostearthlydelitesGStudy, on 18 May 2020 - 09:58 PM, said:

I shouldn't laugh but I agree alter sense, its good for us to read!
I do thank you very much for reading, I too agree as the one who wrote this, it does make somewhat of an interesting story, but I assure you so strongly that it's not just some story. I swear by every word to be truthful so much so that have been encouraging others in this post to read my other topic "Attempt of  Possession." It's a recollection of one of my most frightening experiences of my life. I take it to my grave and swear on my life on everything that happened to me. I used to think things like this only happened in movies, but it's truly real and it will haunt me for the rest of my life.

#11 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:44 PM

View PostRoweManiac, on 10 June 2020 - 08:16 PM, said:

... Normally people would assume the kids, but they were asleep when this happened. And even so, I only heard someone or something come into the room...I never heard them leave. And I would know too, my door makes an awful creaking sound when opening, even at the slightest. ...

Just to be clear, when I spoke of 'pranksters' I wasn't referring to the kids.

Rushing towards you and growling in your ear is meant to scare you; the behavior is intended to elicit a fear response... which it did. By reacting with fear, you gave this unknown someone/something what they wanted (i.e. you got played). I'm not criticizing you for getting scared, just pointing this out.

Edited by True North, 12 June 2020 - 05:47 AM.

#12 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 14 June 2020 - 05:59 AM

View PostRoweManiac, on 10 June 2020 - 08:29 PM, said:

Thank you for your post, but I don't mind what True North said, all responses are welcome. We all deal with the paranormal and abnormal in our own way. It is hard to believe in such wild stories some would say, but these are not stories. They are more of a documented recollection of my experiences and I hope they might help someone some day. It's always good to know that you're not the only one in this world that's been through something so frightening and unable to explain. If you're interested in reading more, look up "Attempt of Possession". A recollection of one of my most haunting and frightening experiences I've ever been through. And know, I stand by ever word to true to the fullest of my ability. I take the paranormal to seriously to EVER joke about something like this. If I was simply telling a made up ghost story I would have tried a different site. I chose this one because I knew there would be people that shared the same experiences as me and I can some how find comfort in that. I will say, I have since moved out of that house and no longer experience these frightening moments, though I do worry for my brother as, him and his family currently reside in the home and they have all in one way or another experienced something paranormal there. Some good...some not so good. Thank you for reading.
Thank you for taking the time to reply!  When I asked True North my question it was only because I want to also take someone's experience, accounts and advice so I might be able to learn more. It wasn't meant to be disrespectful towards you or him.  I think it may've come across that way and I sincerely apologize to you both. I wanted to know who he was referring to regarding the pranksters - that's all.  I did read your other post and in no way did I get the impression it was a creative story - your passion, honesty and descriptions of events rang very true.  It amazes me how people react in these situations - I would be paralyzed with fear.  I admire you're strength.

#13 RoweManiac

RoweManiac

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:10 PM

View PostMichelleGStudy, on 14 June 2020 - 05:59 AM, said:

Thank you for taking the time to reply!  When I asked True North my question it was only because I want to also take someone's experience, accounts and advice so I might be able to learn more. It wasn't meant to be disrespectful towards you or him.  I think it may've come across that way and I sincerely apologize to you both. I wanted to know who he was referring to regarding the pranksters - that's all.  I did read your other post and in no way did I get the impression it was a creative story - your passion, honesty and descriptions of events rang very true.  It amazes me how people react in these situations - I would be paralyzed with fear.  I admire you're strength.
Sorry for the late reply, I want you to know that I in no way found you disrespectful. I really appreciated your input. I kinda thought you were actually sticking up for me lol and I thought that was really nice. I'd like to thank you for reading my other post. It really was such a strange and surprising moment in my life. I can't really explain how I felt in the moment either. It was like someone else had taken over and that other person was not about to let me get possessed. I was almost just sick of it all. Thinking back on all the nightmares and finally thinking there were over only to find that it came back. I was angry but also out of it. Needless to say it was one hell of an experience. I'm just happy that ever since I moved away it's all become quiet again. I'm thinking that house I lived in was what was truly haunted and whatever is still there, it's not casper the friendly ghost. lol.

#14 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 05:47 PM

No - I do believe you and thank you for replying.  In my field of work, everything is based purely on scientific data.  Yet, I know there's more than that.  I truly want you to update us and as always - I wish you the best!

You're in good hands here - great people ( I wouldn't change this place for the world.) We're here to do what we can and thank you for trusting us enough to tell your story.  

Michelle

#15 WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 07:41 PM

Thank you for opening up to tell us what you experienced. I've some similar encounters too and I remember feeling really freaked out, and couldn't sleep the rest of the night. Everyone is very friendly here and this is the best paranormal forum that I've been on. Keep us updated if anything else happens.

Posted Image