Free Skins
© Fisana

My Wife Was A Little Uncomfortable Last Night When Our Grand Daughter Was Scared And Pointing At Nothing

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:52 AM

Cliff notes recap:  Stuff used to happen at my house when my youngest daughter lived at home.  nothing bad ever happened, but small things did happen and things were seen / heard.  Nothing has happened that we have noticed since our daughter moved out in July of 2018.

Anyways. my grand daughter (the daughter of my daughter who moved out 1.5 years ago) has spent a few nights with us the last week.  She stayed again last night and Evie is 2.5 years old.  It was after dark and Evie was playing in the living room with her toys.  She looked at the back french doors and something spooked her.  She went to my wife, who was sitting in her recliner and said she was scared and wanted up.  Evie kept pointing at the back doors saying she was scared.  I heard a faint whine outside and realized the dogs were still in the back yard.  I let the dogs in.  Evie continued for the next 5-ish minutes of pointing at the back door saying she was scared.  My wife and I nor our dogs noticed anything.

My wife decided that she was going to start talking about the previous stuff that happened in the house and commenting on how she hopes this doesn't start over again with the daughter of our daughter who there was some type of connection with what was happening in my house.  My wife was on her 2nd glass of wine at this point and I had to tell her 3 times that we will not have this discussion in our house.  I have told her this before that it doesn't feel right to talk about the stuff that happened in the house (previously) while we are currently in house ...as apposed to driving or at someone else's house.

After the 5-ish minutes, Evie got down and was playing with her toys and no longer scared.  The only thing we can guess is that the french doors are 80% glass and we keep the lights dim in the house in the evenings.  Evie must have seen her reflection or the reflection of the TV in the french doors and heard the dogs whine at the same time and it spooked her.

I dont know why it has always seemed wrong to talk about stuff in our house to me.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,390 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 25 January 2020 - 08:20 AM

I don't know about talking about stuff in the home, some think it may make for more activity. Personally I'd think if things were happening anyway it wouldn't matter, but who knows? I probably wouldn't talk about it in front of a scared toddler though
Posted Image

#3 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:20 AM

In my home, I can talk about the stuff that goes on around here, my ghosts donít seem to care. But, I donít feel anything malicious usually. If I do feel something evil lurking, I wonít talk about it.

Maybe thatís why you donít talk about it Lou, maybe itís your gut feeling that if you talk about in your home, that the attention will make it stronger.

#4 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:00 PM

I cant explain how or why it feels wrong to talk about it while in our house.  I have pondered it a lot.  the only thing I came up with is that it almost feels like I am giving it power (or what was there as I do believe it's gone and has been since my daughter moved out).  I dont want it to think it can control anything on my side.  Including getting my wife and to talk about it.  Just in case it is dormant or something and I would rather it stay that way!!!!  :-)

Or, it is just me being very cautious....
Life is short, enjoy it!

#5 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 25 January 2020 - 01:09 PM

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 25 January 2020 - 07:52 AM, said:

I dont know why it has always seemed wrong to talk about stuff in our house to me.

Some believe by talking about the subject you offer acknowledgment and it's a source of activation. I concur with Vlawde. The late great Sarah Estep conducted 2 EVP sessions lasting 5 minutes daily. According to her and those who were close, the sessions activated a long list on the other side wanting to communicate. Frequently she would get visitors she recognized from previous sessions stepping up.

From my own experiences, frequent EVP sessions seem to spawn visitations in my house. Once someone asked for me by first and last name, I began worrying and decided to ask whoever was here to leave. Your home is the one place that should remain a safe sanctuary. Acknowledgement to whatever is lingering could be seen as an invitation. Your sanctuary could turn into a place of uncertainty and interruption. That has the makings of a haunting.

Edited by EVP, 25 January 2020 - 02:22 PM.

Posted Image

#6 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:37 PM

Lou - I agree with you.  I have always believed that if we speak of something taking place in our homes that it allows it to know our inner most thoughts and fears..... because we've in a way told them.  I would never do an EVP session or any type of investigation in my own home.  Now, if we are helping someone else, a place say we're not tied to, I feel that's different. I would follow your cautionary instincts.  As EVP said '

Your home is the one place that should remain a safe sanctuary.'.

#7 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:43 AM

Thank you for the responses!!!!  In all my years on this planet (52 as of today :-)  ), I have learned to listen to that little voice in the back of my head.  It's never up for discussion while in the house.  Only elsewhere.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#8 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:22 AM

Happy birthday:)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#9 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,336 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 28 January 2020 - 05:52 PM

Happy Birthday! :hb:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#10 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,091 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:18 PM

belated happy birthday!!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#11 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:42 AM

Just a little update....  Daughter and grand daughter moved back in this week.  We will see....
Life is short, enjoy it!