Free Skins
© Fisana

Jump to content


Does Halloween Thin The Veil?


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 EVP

EVP

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:45 PM

As we draw closer to Halloween, do you feel the rejuvenated collective interest and/or time of year seem to wake up things that tend to remain dormant throughout other parts of the calendar year? Keep in mind your conclusions can be completely opinion without any substantiation in fact to back up your words. This discussion is mostly meant to share and expand our vision of the paranormal during selected times of the year.

IMO- Collective interest can affect otherwise dormancy. I use as examples of how poltergeist activity is generated from a human agent.

https://en.wikipedia...ki/Nandor_Fodor

Or how a collective group back in the 1970's created an entity with the "Phillip Experiment.

https://www.stranger...lip-experiment/

What's your take?

Edited by EVP, 18 October 2018 - 04:46 PM.


#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

    Exorcism

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,050 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fair Oaks Ca
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:17 PM

Yo EVP, good to see you again, welcome back!

I'm on the fence with this. I don't believe the date/time of year has any significance as to the thinning of the veil. It is possible that all the collective focus on the supernatural around Halloween may 'awaken' or stimulate the paranormal. I've found the Philip experiment very interesting, if for no other reason as validation of how the mind can affect reality.

I do lean towards the fact at around Halloween, people's attention on the paranormal causes them to interpret otherwise normal stuff as paranormal
Posted Image

#3 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,936 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Sydney

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:11 PM

great thread evp! I think for some its more significant in terms of pop;e being more aware of what is already there, bug for those of us with abilities, there does seem to be more activity. Keen to see what others think!!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

    Forum Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:22 PM

The Philip experiment was interesting. I often wonder if the experiment was like a psychic show and what some sceptics call "cold readings" where most of the details will also fit a lot of other people present at the show. I wonder if that is the case with Philip? That or some mischevious spirit!

Yes, I believe our awareness or intention plays a big part in any contact and believe the more we ourselves participate the bigger the interaction will be.  With the Philip experiment, the group wanted to make a fake ghost maybe the spirit wanted to play a game called roleplay: Philip the ghost :D
Posted Image


Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 EVP

EVP

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:56 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 18 October 2018 - 08:22 PM, said:

The Philip experiment was interesting. I often wonder if the experiment was like a psychic show and what some sceptics call "cold readings" where most of the details will also fit a lot of other people present at the show. I wonder if that is the case with Philip? That or some mischevious spirit!

Yes, I believe our awareness or intention plays a big part in any contact and believe the more we ourselves participate the bigger the interaction will be.  With the Philip experiment, the group wanted to make a fake ghost maybe the spirit wanted to play a game called roleplay: Philip the ghost :D

I see this from a completely different spin Klainey. I see it as an experiment of cause and effect where the collective energies manifest events onto material objects. There are tangents to poltergeist activity with this type of experiment.

I'm still fasinated by this. It's completely different in approach and they were thinking completely out of the box. They created Phillip by their own drawn images, manufactured his personality including his marriage to a frigid wife and the burning of his mistress as a witch.

At the very end of the decade long experiment, the group of eight admitted during a seance to Phillip that he did not exist and they created him. All activity after this apparently stopped and Phillip was no longer heard, from again.

Further explanation on how this was performed can be found at the following link.

https://www.youtube....h?v=X2lGPT2J1cc

Oddly enough, I was living only 20 miles from where this all took place but I wasn't absorbed with this type of research then. That came much later in my life.

Edited by EVP, 18 October 2018 - 10:12 PM.


#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

    Forum Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 19 October 2018 - 01:25 AM

Yes, I understand the concept they introduced. What I was trying to say; could a spirit be attracted to a group of people because of similarities they had in their life and what the group is talking about? Just like one psychic offers information to a crowd and all of the information given can seem to apply to more than one person in the crowd.

It would be interesting to see more of the experiment on youtube
Posted Image


Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#7 EVP

EVP

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 19 October 2018 - 04:49 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 19 October 2018 - 01:25 AM, said:

Yes, I understand the concept they introduced. What I was trying to say; could a spirit be attracted to a group of people because of similarities they had in their life and what the group is talking about? Just like one psychic offers information to a crowd and all of the information given can seem to apply to more than one person in the crowd.

It would be interesting to see more of the experiment on youtube

My apology Klainey, now I see where you were headed. I suppose anything is possible but I do agree, it would be interesting to see more of this experiment.

Further research led me to investigate the principles of "table tipping" which seemed to be the basis of communication. I have never indulged in this practice.

Question to All: Has anyone participated in table tipping at anytime and if so, what was the result?

I don't want to step on any toes because this could be considered communication similar to a "Ouija Board" and I understand how Paranormal Soup views this type of practice and I respect that. So please step in Admin/Mod if you prefer not to have that discussed.

#8 Pooky

Pooky

    Beware of Pooky

  • GS Member
  • Pip
  • 123 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:The GhostStudy Cellar
  • Interests:I like to go human haunting and that's all you need to know.

Posted 19 October 2018 - 05:08 AM

:Boo: I can thin it anytime I want too :good:
Okay, it's true already, now leave me alone

#9 Vlawde

Vlawde

    Exorcism

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,050 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fair Oaks Ca
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:16 AM

IMO ouija boards, table tipping, EVP's etc are all the same.

In regards to table tipping, I'm pretty sure that's something that someone at the table does, just like fake mediums at a seance can tap the table or floor without being seen, and say it's  a spirit communicating
Posted Image

#10 EVP

EVP

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 19 October 2018 - 05:00 PM

View PostVlawde, on 19 October 2018 - 07:16 AM, said:

IMO ouija boards, table tipping, EVP's etc are all the same.

In regards to table tipping, I'm pretty sure that's something that someone at the table does, just like fake mediums at a seance can tap the table or floor without being seen, and say it's  a spirit communicating

I understand they maybe all the same to you and others but I was just addressing the cardinal sin in discussing here in regard to Ouija boards/divination as expressed on the Soup in a pinned thread.

From further research, there seems to be a relationship with the ideomotor effect similar with talking boards. As to them being hoaxes, I'm sure there are accounts of chicanery but I don't believe all of them were or are. As mentioned, the ideomotor effect could have a huge bearing with a natural explanation.

Troy Taylor wrote a great one pager with background history and discussion in table tipping. Definitely worth the read.

http://www.prairiegh....com/table.html

Thanks for your input Vlawde :)

Edited by EVP, 19 October 2018 - 05:03 PM.


#11 True North

True North

    Ghoul

  • GS Member
  • Pip
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 05:13 PM

"Does Halloween Thin The Veil?"

The spiritual world and the physical world are interwoven as mind and body are interwoven. Each affects the other. The large-scale rituals (traditional pageantry) that people take part in on/around major holly-days do not so much 'thin' the veil as reach across it.

As for this time of year, we in the Northern Hemisphere get less and less sunlight - less of that which gives life (making us 'more dead' / making the world of the living 'closer' to the world of the dead).

#12 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

    Doppelganger

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:04 PM

Oh yes, most definitely. I usually feel a heightened energy as we get closer to Halloween. This October has been more peaceful than most though.

#13 Vlawde

Vlawde

    Exorcism

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,050 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fair Oaks Ca
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 20 October 2018 - 01:11 PM

View PostEVP, on 19 October 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

I understand they maybe all the same to you and others but I was just addressing the cardinal sin in discussing here in regard to Ouija boards/divination as expressed on the Soup in a pinned thread.

From further research, there seems to be a relationship with the ideomotor effect similar with talking boards. As to them being hoaxes, I'm sure there are accounts of chicanery but I don't believe all of them were or are. As mentioned, the ideomotor effect could have a huge bearing with a natural explanation.

Troy Taylor wrote a great one pager with background history and discussion in table tipping. Definitely worth the read.

http://www.prairiegh....com/table.html

Thanks for your input Vlawde :)

Thanks!

I haven't see any controversy in quite a while about Ouija boards. Different people have different opinions, I don't see why talking about them would be taboo
Posted Image

#14 EVP

EVP

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 21 October 2018 - 04:50 AM

View PostVlawde, on 20 October 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:

Thanks!

I haven't see any controversy in quite a while about Ouija boards. Different people have different opinions, I don't see why talking about them would be taboo

After re-reading the thread concerning GS view on Ouija, I have to agree with you. As long as we stay neutral without endorsement, I can't see there being any tumulchuous disagreement.

I will be the first to say, my motivations are more evidence based in approach and I don't see divination of any sort as a methodology of choice for research or investigation.

I am rather intrigued by conducting a small seance to see if table tipping takes place but purely for entertainment.

#15 Vlawde

Vlawde

    Exorcism

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,050 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fair Oaks Ca
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:25 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Vlawde, 21 October 2018 - 08:27 AM.

Posted Image

#16 True North

True North

    Ghoul

  • GS Member
  • Pip
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:39 PM

View PostVlawde, on 21 October 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

Posted Image

^ lol

A lot of people think of divination as 'all that silly/spooky/superstitious stuff to do with contacting the dead or telling the future'; they don't think of less sensationalized forms of divination like say dowsing or muscle testing. The image in their head is one of an eccentric old aunt seeking out a medium to talk to her dead chihuahua, not one of a practical-minded farmer witching his own well.

The clearer someone's intentions the better success they'll have with divination (including successfully finding out that what they're doing doesn't work, and why).

Edited by True North, 22 October 2018 - 10:56 AM.