• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 harituban992

harituban992

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 08:24 PM

The appearance of a ghost according to a person's perception when he is in fear. This perception corresponds to the circumstances carried over in his mind and his subconscious.   

For example, when you see a corpse in a movie, with a corpse given a coat or a female corpse in a long white dress.  Whereas in Asia, when a Muslim dies he is given a white cloth to wrap the body of the corpse. Then the ghost that appears like a corpse will be buried. We call the ghost pocong.   

Do you agree with my opinion? because that's how it is in Asia, because we never met a ghost in a Dracula costume.

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,151 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:01 PM

Hello and welcome to the boards.

I have never seen a spirit in a Dracula costume either, for that matter I haven't seen them shroud in a sheet, coat, or long white dress.

So maybe a person's perception does play some part of how they appear!

I believe spirits are able to appear in a form that is comfortable for the person they are visiting; then there are those spirits that want to put the fear into their visit!

Interesting topic thanks for sharing :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

EVP

• GS Member
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 21 September 2020 - 04:20 AM

I have never seen a naked ghost.  So I would think perception does play a part in how they appear.  I have never investigated a nudist colony which is actually an interesting idea..  :bunny:    If I were a naked ghost... it would definitely put fear into you KGS

#4 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 21 September 2020 - 12:35 PM

View Postharituban992, on 19 September 2020 - 08:24 PM, said:

Do you agree with my opinion?

No I do not. There's no way to test it. Extensive testing under controlled conditions are required with unjaded bias. Then ask the question and don't try to fit your findings. Let the evidence stand by itself.

A better understanding comes from observation in a collective experience. A good example would be in the Doris Bither case where 28 investigators experienced the exact same thing (allegedly). It's not uncommon for individual experiences to differ even under a collective experience.

This has been one of the most frustrating parts of my paranormal journey. There is little to no consistency. Although a different mindset might need to be employed for understanding. What is it? I haven't found it and to date I don't anyone really has.

I hope I'm not executed for saying this but I try to remove as much religious belief within investigations as possible. For some it might help but for myself it just adds additional speculations. Science isn't perfect but it's the best we have presently.

Edited by EVP, 21 September 2020 - 12:47 PM.

Posted Image
Want a graphic signature? Post frequently on ParanormalSoup and I might make you one.

#5 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

EVP

• GS Member
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 22 September 2020 - 05:03 AM

EVP, IMHO science will never accept the paranormal because 1) How do you replicate it?  2) The conditions are nearly impossible to control 3) There is no such thing as an unjaded bias from either the scientific or paranormal community (How many current peer reviewed scientific studies on the paranormal have you read recently?). 4) Egos, professional reputations and the human need to have to try to fit a round peg in the square box will always get in the way.  5) There will always be claims that photos, videos & recordings have been manipulated in some way. (Which are fair questions.)  However, I have found that there is a high degree of arrogance from the scientific community and the community at large.   When you have had many experiences and then be "judged" or "chastised" by someone else who has never experienced anything "paranormal" that your perceptions are wrong or flawed or that you must have some sort of mental problem or are stupid is the height of arrogance.

I have never been a religious person but what I have documented (ITC & EVP captures) there sometimes seems to be a religious component to it.  In the end, this is beyond science and the world as we understand it.  My mindset is that I need to prove nothing to no one as I am not trying to prove or convince anyone of anything.  My experiences are my own and do so only to expand my own view of my existence.  Science has no more chance of proving me wrong than I do of proving science wrong because this fits into the category of the unprovable.  The more I have experienced, the less I know and the more questions I have. For me, it is diminishing return knowledge. Like pondering the "big bang theory".  That is why it is frustrating but still fascinating.  

Sorry, harituban992, I didn't mean to stray so far off the path of your question.

#6 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 08:01 AM

Unfortunately, without a methodology or system to follow with controls or measurements, we'll continue to be a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat. My posting was meant to suggest we need to think outside the box and approach it in a critical and credible manner.  Most people do not even know how their equipment works or the limitations of the instrument. How can we carry this study out of a pseudoscience and offer some level of substance if we continue to be myopic? I do agree the scientific community will never be accepting to the paranormal.

I'm a journeyman just like you PE. I don't have many answers but refinement has allowed me to see just a little bit more.

Edited by EVP, 22 September 2020 - 08:11 AM.

Posted Image
Want a graphic signature? Post frequently on ParanormalSoup and I might make you one.

#7 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

EVP

• GS Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 08:18 PM

EVP, I always enjoy your point of view.  It helps expand my thinking on this subject matter.   I hope you take no offense at mine, for that is not intended.  Just sharing thoughts.

#8 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 12:23 PM

View PostParanormalEmpath, on 22 September 2020 - 08:18 PM, said:

EVP, I always enjoy your point of view.  It helps expand my thinking on this subject matter.   I hope you take no offense at mine, for that is not intended.  Just sharing thoughts.

You and I are good PE. I don't mind being challenged as long as it remains respectful.
Posted Image

#9 GothickangelCa

GothickangelCa

Apport

• GS Member
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Artist, Blogger, Goth. Manga Comic Artist,
    Shamanism, Paranormal, Occult (Research Only), Astral Projection, Travel and Camping.

Posted 24 September 2020 - 12:24 PM

I've only seen them as what they wore in life. I've seen them in period era clothing, torn up clothing, street clothes, pajamas, etc. And I never knew these people in life. Even saw one old lady, whom recently passed that was a friends grandma, even walking with a spirit cane. I didn't know she passed never met her or saw a picture of her before. I just came over one day for tea. Saw her in the foyer mostly solid. Described her my friend was like oh yeah that's her. She was so solid I thought she had family over that day.
I prefer to call them spirits not ghosts.

Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.

Posted Image

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,151 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 05:09 PM

I prefer to call them spirits not ghosts.

I totally agree with the name GC :D
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter