© Fisana

My Dogs Were Upset When A Skunk Wandered Into Our Back Yard And Sprayed Them

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:36 AM

I live outside of town and have 1 acre of property.  All my neighbors have 1 acre+ and we are surrounded by un-developed hill country.  My wife put the dogs out a little before dark. I heard then a little while later going crazy.  My wife's dog came to the back door when I called for them.  Mine did not.  I had to wander the yard to find him in the dark.  He was acting like he does when he is in trouble (like when he got in the trash and such).  Needless to say both dogs were stinky.  They did not get sprayed too bad  But, the skunk had a nasty smell that was transferred to the dogs when then decided to take offense against the skunk.

I had to wash (phase 1) the dogs with hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and a small amount of dish soap last night when I got home.  They still smell a bit.  another bathing or two will be required.  The worse part is that our dogs are inside dogs.  They have never spent the night outside.  They are being left outside all day though...
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,327 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:33 AM

Our dog has been greeted by skunks several times. We also used hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dish soap, and it works great! Didn't need another bath, but we have a mini Daschund, so we were able to bath her with the mixture and rinse in the sink
Posted Image

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,763 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:46 AM

Oh your poor puppies!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:37 PM

we used to use tomato juice as well as a way to get the skunk spray out.

#5 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 31 October 2019 - 04:02 AM

Note to self and anyone else this might happen to...  It is a really good idea to just throw away their collars rather than let your dog get in the chair with you a couple of days later and scratch his head / neck.  It was like an old school "scratch -n- sniff" .....But, way worse!
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,763 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:28 PM

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 31 October 2019 - 04:02 AM, said:

Note to self and anyone else this might happen to...  It is a really good idea to just throw away their collars rather than let your dog get in the chair with you a couple of days later and scratch his head / neck.  It was like an old school "scratch -n- sniff" .....But, way worse!

:rofl: you must have played some weird school games Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#7 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,224 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 01 November 2019 - 11:00 AM

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 31 October 2019 - 04:02 AM, said:

:happyy:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop