Free Skins
© Fisana

The Ouija Board Poll

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

Poll: Ouija Boards: Effective Communication with the other side, or just a toy put out by Parker Brothers? (332 member(s) have cast votes)

Are Ouija boards an effective means of communication with the other side?

1. Yes. I use one all the time and have success in communicating with the spirit world. (25 votes [7.53%])

Percentage of vote: 7.53%

2. Nope. It's all just the power of suggestion, and nothing more then a parlor trick. (55 votes [16.57%])

Percentage of vote: 16.57%

3. Undecided. Not sure what my opinion is. (128 votes [38.55%])

Percentage of vote: 38.55%

4. I have used one in the past and will never use one again. (124 votes [37.35%])

Percentage of vote: 37.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 IAmDeath

IAmDeath

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, death, UFOs, conspiracies.

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:13 PM

My dad got me an Ouija board for my birthday when I was 13. I had been mystified by them for as long as I can remember and my mom (parents are divorced) would never let me get one. Once we bought it, all mysticism was lost. It was a thick piece of foldable cardboard with a glow in the dark surface and glow in the dark planchette.

We tried for a long time to get a response with no luck. Eventually I started asking stupid questions, one of them was "what Star Trek cast member is going to die next?" (I'm a Trekkie, OK?) The planchette started moving and spelled out "S-P-O-K" (Spock.) My dad swore up and down he didn't move it but I don't believe him. I think he saw how crushed I was that it didn't work before.

Coincidentally, Leonard Nimoy was the next cast member to die after I asked the question which is weird because I always thought he would outlive Shatner.

Nothing happened after that. My mysticism of the board was gone and I got rid of it years later.

Edited by IAmDeath, 29 January 2016 - 07:14 PM.

#182 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,025 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:46 AM

Bumping up per request in a new thread about the boards
Posted Image

#183 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:41 AM

Thanks Vlawde, interesting results - undecided and never again getting the top marks!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#184 fordzilla

fordzilla

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:28 year law enforcement officer. My wife and I call ourselves "paranormal tourists." That is, we make a pastime of travelling to famous haunts and investigating/staying/visiting. We take tons of photos (Search my name on this forum to see some of them, including at least two apparitions we captured) but we NEVER attempt contact or communication.

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:46 AM

Why wasn't a "Never have used one, and never will" choice offered?  Yes, they are a very effective means of contacting spiritual beings, which is exactly why I've steered clear of them my entire life.
    And Parker Brothers certainly didn't invent the board.
"There are chords in the hearts of men which cannot be touched without emotion.  Even with the utterly lost, to whom both life and death are jest, there are some matters about which no jest can be made."- Edgar Allen Poe

#185 Gurlzup

Gurlzup

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Scary stories, TV, movies, music.

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:58 AM

View PostHelenaHandBaskettGStudy, on 02 June 2007 - 04:22 PM, said:

There you have it.....

Also, I thought it would be interesting for those of you that have had experiences to share them, and those who have not share with us your reasons you believe they do not work!

Okay I added another option. If anyone has anymore ideas for options let me know and I will add them. style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

I shared mine in a different topic. I feel I  may have screwed up. If anyone has advice it would be gravely appreciated.

#186 Chris Charles

Chris Charles

EVP

• GS Member
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Anything odd and crazy, who doesn't love a good mystery.

Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:51 PM

There really should be an option on the lines of "ouija boards are only to be used by professionals that know what they're doing and know how to clos the bridge properly without something sinister following you home"
Things go bang in the night, but don't be scared.

I do a series of ghost report videos on youtube, feel free to check them out https://www.youtube....y4-p5N_JYw50-SQ

#187 fordzilla

fordzilla

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:28 year law enforcement officer. My wife and I call ourselves "paranormal tourists." That is, we make a pastime of travelling to famous haunts and investigating/staying/visiting. We take tons of photos (Search my name on this forum to see some of them, including at least two apparitions we captured) but we NEVER attempt contact or communication.

Posted 02 September 2016 - 03:59 PM

View PostChris Charles, on 02 September 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

There really should be an option on the lines of "ouija boards are only to be used by professionals that know what they're doing and know how to clos the bridge properly without something sinister following you home"
   It's my opinion that no one "knows" how to use them... they are drag nets for the demonic and best avoided altogether. You can't play with evil, tickle it on the tummy, and put it back away in a box.

Edited by fordzilla, 02 September 2016 - 04:01 PM.

"There are chords in the hearts of men which cannot be touched without emotion.  Even with the utterly lost, to whom both life and death are jest, there are some matters about which no jest can be made."- Edgar Allen Poe

#188 capn b

capn b

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:01 PM

Dont believe them to be "evil" If you can contact the spirit world with it, then it's just another form of communication. You never know what you are dealing with using any type of spirit communication method.
Just because you cant see it, doesn't mean it's not there

#189 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:12 PM

View Postfordzilla, on 30 August 2016 - 02:46 AM, said:

... And Parker Brothers certainly didn't invent the board.

True, It was first manufactured in 1890's by the Kennard Novelty Company. It was patented in 1891 and went into production right away.

In February, 1891, the first few advertisements started appearing in papers: “Ouija, the Wonderful Talking Board,” boomed a Pittsburgh toy and novelty shop, describing a magical device that answered questions “about the past, present and future with marvelous accuracy” and promised “never-failing amusement and recreation for all the classes,” a link “between the known and unknown, the material and immaterial.” Another advertisement in a New York newspaper declared it “interesting and mysterious” and testified, “as sProven at Patent Office before it was allowed. Price, $1.50.”...

In 1886, the fledgling Associated Press reported on a new phenomenon taking over the spiritualists’ camps in Ohio, the talking board; it was, for all intents and purposes, a Ouija board, with letters, numbers and a planchette-like device to point to them. The article went far and wide, but it was Charles Kennard of Baltimore, Maryland who acted on it. In 1890, he pulled together a group of four other investors—including Elijah Bond, a local attorney, and Col. Washington Bowie, a surveyor—to start the Kennard Novelty Company to exclusively make and market these new talking boards. None of the men were spiritualists, really, but they were all of them keen businessmen and they’d identified a niche...

Source

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#190 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:38 PM

Can B you're absolutely right - that's why we see problems arising from automatic writing, using pendulums, evp's etc. It's not just tied to the ouija. However the popular culture and ability to come by these rather easily is what makes them pop up in such numbers.
It's in the trees, it's coming!