• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 autabee

autabee

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading, myspace, hiking, biking, walking, hanging, baking, cooking, sometimes cleaning, computer stuff, HTML, um...watching movies, american football, softball, i love working with animals, photography is a big part of my life...and that's about it...

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:57 PM

I have to do this project for Global on Auschwitz.  I was going through this virtual tour; it has a 360 degree view of everything.

Here is the link that I found this at…

http://www.remember.org/auschwitz/bir.php?id=16

And here are the screen shots I took of it…

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q97/autabee/Auschwitz.jpg

What do you think?

I think it looks like a young guy, maybe in his teens, and he's sitting/leaning against the wall. With all the history this place has, who knows!
Posted Image

#2 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:00 PM

I managed to look at the screen shots you took (but I couldn't do the virtual tour thing... I tried and had to close out the new tab before it loaded...) and it looks like there's a roof gutter drain there... if you can take a look at the same camera again, see if the anomaly is still there... it might be something attached to the gutter system.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#3 xjadedx

xjadedx

Baby Girl

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,709 posts
  • Interests:anything paranormal, cooking, beer, celtic culture and art, irish step dancing, constellations, backpacking, anything to do with cheese

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:03 PM

It doesn't really look like anything paranormal to me...i looked at your screen shots and the virtual tour as well.  AIt just looks like a shadow from the pipe coming out of the brick

xjadedx

"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on." --Led Zepplin

#4 autabee

autabee

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading, myspace, hiking, biking, walking, hanging, baking, cooking, sometimes cleaning, computer stuff, HTML, um...watching movies, american football, softball, i love working with animals, photography is a big part of my life...and that's about it...

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(Tantric Kitten @ Mar 10 2008, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I managed to look at the screen shots you took (but I couldn't do the virtual tour thing... I tried and had to close out the new tab before it loaded...) and it looks like there's a roof gutter drain there... if you can take a look at the same camera again, see if the anomaly is still there... it might be something attached to the gutter system.
Here's what the gutter looks like...http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q97/aut...Auschwitz-1.jpgI'm not so sure anymore. I just thought it looked odd. And with all the deaths, murders, crimes, adn emotions that were there, it's a huge event in history, the holocaust and such. I just thought I should bring it to everyon's attention. :-) Thanks everyone! *goes back to her research*
Posted Image

#5 PVenkman

PVenkman

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:11 AM

I do see what looks like someone squatting down with their back against the wall..... but it is way to blurred to say for sure if its something explainable or paranormal.

I agree that there is most likely paranormal activity there given the sickening horrors that took place.... It breaks my heart just looking at pictures of that place.
Who Ya Gonna Call...

#6 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:08 AM

Sauna Interior (1) has something strange looking in the back. I think it's supposed to be a giant empty room but there's something in the opposite corner.

Edit: Nevermind, it's the inside of another room.

Edited by Sly-Spectre, 11 March 2008 - 06:20 AM.

"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#7 autabee

autabee

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:51 AM

Yeah. That's the only thing that kinda made me think it was something paranormal is the horrific past that it has. I would love to go there and visite and do some investagating, and learn more about history. I love history.
Posted Image

#8 sandiegohaunted

sandiegohaunted

EVP

• GS Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:59 PM

I'm unconvinced about the pictures but, If there were ghosts you would think Auschwitz
would have many of them........

Then again Jews are those chosen people, maybe there are no Jewish ghosts?
Admin and Webmaster of San Diego Haunted

#9 equus6

equus6

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:45 AM

The picture was a little blurry, but it looks like a drain pipe, or a vent coming from the building. Auschwitz probably has the worst history of any location in my opinion. I would hope any soul here would have passed over and not linger. I hope they never let people do paranormal investigations here. There are still victims that are alive, and many families that had to live though this horrible time. It's one thing to investigate a place where people died, but not where there was mass murder, experimentation, starvation, and every other horrible thing that a human could do to another. I love history too, but Auschwitz makes my soul ache.

Edited by equus6, 16 March 2008 - 05:51 AM.

Don't worry about the people in your past. There is a reason they didn't make it to your future....

#10 EMPEROR_SO

EMPEROR_SO

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:02 PM

This place should be haunted with all the horrible deaths

#11 Portia2012

Portia2012

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, Channeling, New Age, Ascended Masters, Egypt, Atlantis, Avalon, Law...

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:47 PM

I can not imagine a prison such as this not having spirits. Look at how the people who was there were treated. It should be loaded with angry ghosts.

~Portia~
Posted Image

Made by SIlent Walker :)

#12 nothing lasts forever

nothing lasts forever

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:10 AM

I really hope, that any of those camps are not haunted. If they are it's sad all those poor souls being stuck in such a place.
The key to freedom is to be able to have the ability to defend yourself, and if you dont have the tools to do that, then you're going to be at the mercy of whomever wants to put you away.

#13 Portia2012

Portia2012

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, Channeling, New Age, Ascended Masters, Egypt, Atlantis, Avalon, Law...

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:47 AM

Yes, it would be a sad situation.

~Portia~
Posted Image

#14 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,025 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:53 AM

I doubt any spirits would WANT to hang around there. After all the suffering they endured while alive, I would think they would welcome moving on into the light and leaving that s***hole behind.
Posted Image

#15 Portia2012

Portia2012

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:55 AM

I like his idea smile.gif

~Portia~
Posted Image

#16 PVenkman

PVenkman

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE(EMPEROR_SO @ Mar 20 2008, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This place should be haunted with all the horrible deaths

I  would imagine that any haunting there would be of the 'residual' type..... as Vlawde said, I think they would want to leave all that evil and suffering behind....

BUT, on the other hand..... I could see the guilt of some of the German soldiers that carried out their orders (not that they should have followed such evil orders) might keep them earthbound in the same prison that they tortured and murdered millions of innocent people.

Who Ya Gonna Call...

#17 hatsheput63

hatsheput63

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:egypt..crafts..reading...history..drawing..my family...antiques..ghosts...evps...

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:37 AM

If I was seperated from my kids ,as many of the families were...I would continue to search for them ...Moms looking for kids,kids confused,scared.....
  This assignment bothered Autumn alot,she tries to do her best ,but this one hung over her ,and she was shaken by the stuff she learned.    ~Shelley
What is this ghost shadow that brushes my shoulder?
The night wind whispers and I must follow. Long is the shadow cast by the black wings of fear.

Posted Image

#18 Portia2012

Portia2012

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:12 AM

I hope that she is doing better, it is such a sad, sad story. That was no prison that was just a death camp.

~Portia~
Posted Image

#19 Cheshire Kitten

Cheshire Kitten

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:28 PM

... I wanted to come up with some brilliant response for this but I couldn't...

I wanted to read all the other responses but I could only glance at a few...

I can only say this...

In the first link the first picture has a spirit looking right into the camera...and he's screaming...

*shudders*

I don't think its a matter of wanting to leave so much as it is being able to leave. Sometimes a spirit can get unwillingly attached to a place and are unable to leave it...

There was a story of a female spirit taken to a hospital during world war two and she was separated from her daughter. She just kept asking for her and looking for her and when she died it was no different. She couldn't cross over until she saw a girl there that looked exactly like her daughter did. Then she crossed over...

Perhaps they were separated from a loved one (very likely) and they fear that if they leave they won’t find them. Maybe they simply can't leave the place. I can't really tell you why...

I don't know if anyone else say the screaming spirit in that picture.... but... a place like that was their prison in life and could very well be their prison in death. They are perhaps hurt, like their aura is wounded or something and they can't leave it until they get better. They need help if they are ever going to cross over.

I am not sure how I know that... I just do.

#20 autabee

autabee

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:53 PM

Well, just as an update....I'm doin' much better now. On that project, I got a 110% (THe extra ten is becuase he wanted to keep it as an example for other classes) and he has decided to give it to my english teacher, she said that she wants me to publish it.... >.< Once we get our computer back up and runnin', I'll post the entries that I hadda do on here.

Take care!
~☼~Autumn~☼~
Posted Image