Free Skins
© Fisana

Deceased Relatives Coming To You In Your Sleep?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 CraigK

CraigK

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:02 AM

I wanted to share this experience with you and see what you think.

When I was married to my now ex-wife who had lost her mother at the age of 11, she told me that her deceased mother had appeared to her in dreams while she was sleeping.  I was skeptical but maintained an open mind about the whole thing thinking that it was possible.  That was until it happened to me.

My father who I was very close to passed away in January 1996.  It was the hardest day of my life.  I loved my father very much.  

I can't remember the day, but one night while I was sleeping I had this dream.

I remember a white house which I don't recognize but in the backyard there was a typical screen door with the screen mesh on it that you could see through.  In my dream, I approached the screen door and recognized my father on the other side of the door.  He looked at me and said, "Son, there's something I want to tell you."

At that moment, I was so freaked out, even in the dead of sleep I unfortunately snapped out of it and woke up.  It really freaked me out.  I never got to hear what it was that my "father wanted to tell me."  For the rest of my life, I will regret waking up out of that dream.  I wish I could of heard what he wanted to tell me.

I'm a believer now that relatives can come to you in your dreams but what I can decide is if it is a manifestation of your sub-conscious mind or if it is a real experience.  What do you think?

#2 gummblefish

gummblefish

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE(CraigK @ Sep 29 2008, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I was married to my now ex-wife who had lost her mother at the age of 11, she told me that her deceased mother had appeared to her in dreams while she was sleeping.  I was skeptical but maintained an open mind about the whole thing thinking that it was possible.  That was until it happened to me.

My father who I was very close to passed away in January 1996.  It was the hardest day of my life.  I loved my father very much.  

I remember a white house which I don't recognize but in the backyard there was a typical screen door with the screen mesh on it that you could see through.  In my dream, I approached the screen door and recognized my father on the other side of the door.  He looked at me and said, "Son, there's something I want to tell you."

At that moment, I was so freaked out, even in the dead of sleep I unfortunately snapped out of it and woke up.  It really freaked me out.  I never got to hear what it was that my "father wanted to tell me."  For the rest of my life, I will regret waking up out of that dream.  I wish I could of heard what he wanted to tell me.

I'm a believer now that relatives can come to you in your dreams but what I can decide is if it is a manifestation of your sub-conscious mind or if it is a real experience.  What do you think?

Personally i have no idea whether it is a dream or a actual event. To be honest i don't think it matters, If It helps you come to terms with your fathers death then i don't see any reason to say otherwise. Don't regret waking from the dream, if its meant to be then you will have it again. Maybe the dream is a metaphor for things you wanted to say to him, or hear him say when he was alive. Either way Its part of the same process and i think you should take comfort in that.

#3 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:16 AM

Those in Spirit will try to communicate with you by whatever means possible that is easiest for them and you.  Some people would freak out if they had an apparition visit so they can and do come to people in dreams.

When you are your dream state you are also in an alpha state which allows your spiritual higher self free reign to be able to either astral project, have an OBE or be able to communicate with spirits during sleep.  

I think your dad was there, and that fact that there was a screen door dividing you two and that you could ......see him on the other side.....as you said, makes perfect sense.  Too bad you awoke too quickly.

Ask when you go to sleep at night that your father try to speak to you again and tell you want it is he wanted to tell you.

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#4 fbjewels

fbjewels

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:My kids, Reading, the Paranormal, Useless Movie Trivia

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:20 PM

This happened to my Mom right after her grandfather passed away.  She had a dream that she actually woke up from sleeping and heard her grandmother (who was living at the time) say, loudly and clearly that he'd "be home for Christmas this year" (he died in November).    She always thought that it meant he would be watching over them, and I agree.

I've had several dreams of my great grandmother (the same lady from above, who passed away in 1998).  I always wake up crying.

#5 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts
  • Interests:History & the study of anything paranormal.

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:34 PM

Here is one of my experiences with this sort of dream:

I had the dream shortly after my Dad passed.  He had a massive stroke and then languished in a nursing home for about a year before he went.  It was a terrible place that stank and was full of noise.  

It was not more than two weeks later that I had the dream.  There was something I always wished we could have done together.  In the dream, my dad was not old & decrepid.  He looked like pictures I have of him when he was in his twenties and vigorous.  His whole being glowed with a beautiful golden light.  We had the perfect day in the dream, the kind of day I had always wanted to have with him, but couldn't.  We even did that one thing I had always wanted to.

I woke up and felt wonderful and utterly at peace.   It was a wonderful dream and I treasure it more than some of my real memories of my dad.  But for some reason, I just do not feel like it was real.  I dearly want it to be, but I am completely sure it all came from me, and was not a spiritual event.

Hope this helps, Canis

Edited by caniswalensis, 29 September 2008 - 04:03 PM.

#6 Ubriaca

Ubriaca

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, reading, writing, fashion, design

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:59 PM

I have always liked to believe that when you dream of someone they are "visiting" you, or when you hear their voice in your head, or a saying they would say, it is them saying "hello".
Now, I don't make any assumptions about an afterlife, and I am not sure what goes on next, but I like to believe sometimes.

You were probably sad to wake up because you were enjoying the fact that your dad was there.
I am eternally grateful that I did get to see my grandmother in my dreams after she passed away. It made my day, whether it was her or me manifesting it.

Maybe what your dad had to tell you, he did, in that one sentence??
You said yourself, that you were skeptical.
Maybe your father was trying to show/tell you that there is an afterlife and he is there?
Ever consider that?

Follow Me On Twitter: @ChandraMischief

#7 iamshe

iamshe

Apport

• GS Member
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with water!!!!!!

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:53 PM

I had Dave come to me in a dream that I thought was vivid... It felt so real we were sitting on a bed talking... But then his mom came in and said  ... "What is she doing here?"  she never liked me and is still alive so I never knew what to think of it....  I hope your dream brought you comfort.

RIP.. David Paul Castaneda.  It's been 10 months today

#8 CraigK

CraigK

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:46 AM

I've often speculated that what he wanted to tell me was "I'm proud of you" or simply that he loved me.  He wasn't very affectionate as a father while he was alive but I never doubted that he loved me.

#9 Joseeker

Joseeker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:38 PM

My Dad passed in April of 99.  About a month after he passed I had a dream that he took to me to heaven.  It was so beautiful.  The type of beauty that you have never seen on earth or anywhere.  My Dad was young looking and so healthy.  We held hands and just walked and walked.  He told me that he had a job there that was his hearts desire.  All I felt was pure love.  I kept touching his face and begging to stay with him.  He told me no and I woke up.

I believe with all my heart that this actually happened.  It was way too vivid and since I was 13 years old I have dreams within months of someone's death of them coming to me to talk with me.  

So CraigK I believe that was your Dad coming to you to say I love you son.  

#10 RedRose

RedRose

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:40 PM

I actually sort of find these sorts of communications easier to "believe in" than ghosts per se, because I think that the discarnate spirits of those we've loved MIGHT find it easier to connect with our unconscious minds than to physically manifest.

Also, obviously, like everyone I've had dreams about people that seemed to be just that: stuff my subconcious cooked up featuring those people in them, obviously having to do with experiences I'd had during the waking hours, anxieties, questions, unresolved issues, what have you.

But there've been a few dreams of people that felt COMPLETELY different. They seemed to have a grounding in some sort of objective reality and I didn't, and don't, see any reason to disregard them as fiction  or fantasy. I think they feel different for a good reason: they ARE.

A dark example: years ago, I was living in an apt. next door to a very troubled individual who'd long had an unrequited crush on me. He'd recently acquired a gf who considered herself some kind of powerful dark sorceress. Basically, he sicced her on me. I'm sure her subconscious knew of his feelings for me and that made her enmity all the more intense. Several times during this period, I had dreams of a woman sending something dark to attack me, and in the dreams I literally remember summoning all my own energy forces (and anger) and propelling her attack back upon her with a huge psychic and physical effort. I woke up tired but exhilarated in each instance. Eventually my landlord evicted her and that was pretty much that; without her, my "friend" had little mojo of his own for more than petty annoyances.

I do think those dreams were "real". I've had other dreams about her that were just typical dreams and felt like that, nothing more nor less.

A nicer example:

In high school, I was quite alienated from my own dad, who had a lot of problems. I became very close to my bf at that time, and spent most of my time at his house. I was very close to his father, whom I simply adored. I'll call him Henry. In his own eccentric way, he extended his fatherly guidance to me and was a huge influence for good in my life, especially in terms of my later relationships with men. Additionally, I'd have to say that he, for me, was one of those people you meet in life with whom you have an instant, profound connection;  and if you believe in such things, you know you've spent lives together before. He was rather shy and not a physically affectionate man, but I think he cared about me too. I don't know that I ever even hugged him, but I wanted to.

A few years ago, Henry became ill with cancer. His prognosis was decent, but somehow I knew that eventually it would get him, and it did. This year, knowing he was terminal, he took his own life. In the intervening period of time, I had one very intense dream featuring him, where we were sort of reviewing or reliving some past life we'd known together. I got a sense that it was in the 17th or 18th century, somewhere in Europe; we were riding horses at one point and our garments were roughly consistent with that general historical period. There was a great sense of intimacy and calm affection between us. That dream has stayed with me through the last several years. I should add that this wasn't the first such dream I'd had about Henry; this was the first in quite a while, though.

After he died, I grieved deeply. I especially regretted that I'd seen so little of him in recent years and never had a chance to say goodbye and thank him for all his kindnesses to me. One night, I dreamed that I was at their old house, just as I'd recently been to see my old bf and his mother and family. It had struck me deeply how much Henry's presence still filled the home, despite his physical absence. I realized in retrospect that his tremendous personality had really been the heart and soul of his family. But in the dream, he was really there. He stood with his family around him, and he was smiling and welcomed me with open arms and enfolded me in a huge hug. We were so happy to see each other and there was an overwhelming atmosphere of love and joy all around. I woke up.

To me, this dream was real. Perhaps it was just my subconscious comforting me, but I don't think so. It felt as if he'd come to say "I know, and I love you too, kiddo." I see no rational reason to doubt this.  yes.gif

#11 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:03 PM

The three people in my family that lived in my house with me were my mom, my dad and my mother's aunt.   My great aunt passed away in 1983, my mom in 1986 and my dad in 1995.

I have had two different types of dreams involving them, some seemed like definite dreams, others were very different, and I always refer to those as "visitations".

In the dreams, things are the way they usually are in dreams.  There's a very surreal quality about them, the locations where they take place are also dreamlike.  For instance, we can start off in our own home and then walk through a bedroom door and be at the top of a roller coaster.  That type of thing.  

Then there are the visitations.  These are VERY real, and the conversations we have in them are very real.  My great aunt was always very bad on her feet.  She had bad legs her entire life, and the way she was built was odd, she was very top-heavy.  We were always worried that she would have trouble supporting herself and would fall and hurt herself.  In one of my first visitations from her after she passed, we were standing on our back porch.  It had no railing.  She fell from the porch, and I screamed and ran down the stairs to help her to make sure she hadn't hurt herself.  Before I got down to the ground, she had jumped up and was brushing the grass off herself.  She had a big smile on from ear to ear, and she said to me, "No no!  Don't worry!  Things like this can't hurt me now!"  And then she left and I woke up.   I felt so comforted that I had talked to her and that she was very obviously OK.  

In another visitation I was sitting at a picnic table in our backyard talking with my mom.  She was telling me that she felt better than she ever had, and in fact felt so good that if I could find a doctor to pronounce her alive, she would love to come back.  I told her to wait there and I would go find  one, but she told me that if I left, she wouldn't be able to stay.  I told her I would hurry, and I went anyway, and sure enough, when I got back, she was gone.  My ex-husband had a very strange dream of her a couple of weeks after she passed.  He had gone down to the kitchen to get something from the fridge, and while he was there, he felt a hug.  He turned around thinking it was me (we were not yet married at the time) and it was her.  He said she still had the mark on her face from the oxygen mask she had on when she died at the hospital.  She was wearing her turquoise warm-up jacket.  The next morning when he woke up and went downstairs, her warm-up jacket was hanging over the chair in the dining room.  It had been hanging  in the closet in my mom and dad's bedroom since she died.

I have not yet had a visitation from my dad, and I REALLY wish that I would!  I miss him terribly every day, just as I miss my mom and my great aunt.  He has come to my now-hubby, he described him to a T and this was before he had seen a photo of him.  He had seen a photo of him as a very young man, but he looked entirely different later in life.  I wish he would come to me.  Maybe someday.

Elle

#12 Leatherman66

Leatherman66

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:17 AM

I truly beleive that family members come back with messages. When I was young, I some how went to my great grand-parents house. They both had been dead for at least 8 yrs, and the house was torn down about the same time. I met an aunt that I never knew because she died when I was born. I told my mom about things in the house that she had to go ask her dad about. I even told her about my grandpa being a table maker, a really old car, drew it and haven't been able to draw it since. Told her about the furniture and wall hanging, things in which I never knew was in the house. My grandparents told me I had to leave because they had to go somewhere and I couldn't go with them. The lights went off, and I was standing in the middle of the living room at my moms.

My mother told me how her bedroom wall lit up a bright white with these strange flowers, my great grandfather came to her and asked my mom to make one of these flowers for my great grandmother, who was alive at the time. Mom worked with wood fiber type flower arrangements, and she made it. she took it to her grandma trying to figure a way of telling her that grandpa wanted her to have it. She took it in and grandma startled mom by saying that grandpa said she was making it for her. When my great grandmother died, that flower was gone. About a week after grandma died, she came and told mom that she took a few things with her and that was where the flower went.

When my first daughter was born, me and my wife moved into a house that had something in it. My daughter was about one and half, and was talking really good for her age. One day the wallpaper kinda fell off in a couple of places. My wife said, " that one spot looks like an indian holding a baby by the leg and a knife in his other hand". I went into our bed room and sure enough, it did. Well, my friends got me mixxed up in some truly black majick back then, and like most would do, just laughed about it. We decided to move our bedrooms around and put my daughter in our room. Lisa would wake up screaming bloody murder, when we would go in her room she would say, "you see that (pointing at the floor)"? Like most parents, we shrugged it off as one of those boogie man things. I tooked off for work at 4:30 in the morning one day, and when I came home, my wife asked something that floored me. She asked, " do you know an old woman by the name Mildred"?, my great grandma is the only person I know with that name. I said, Yes, what did she want? She told me that grandma told her that there was something evil after the  baby, and she needed permission to get rid of it. I ask did you? She said yes, I thought it was a dream. Later on, we pulled out mom photo albums and told her to go thru it and find the woman, she said here she is, it was my greatgrandma.

When my daughter was four, my dad died, my brother, who had all kinds of stuff wrong died a year and a half later. Jason (brother) was confined to a wheel chair all his life. His dog (sarge) died a week after he did. My brother alway said that some day he would run across our farm with his dog. We was having a mini family get together, and all the kids were out playing on the swingset, my daughter was the oldest at 6 yrs. we was about done with dinner when all (6 of them) the kids came running in, all excited. They said that grandpa, Jason and sarge came running thru the yard and stopped to wave at them. Let me tell you we all filed thru that door to see if we could see them, we all wanted to see Jason running, but we didn't. Later that week I was working in the chicken coop, no-one else on the farm, and I heard Jason holler my name. I stopped, and quickly said, "Man Jason, Don't scare the sh** out of me like that, haven't heard from him since.

Yes I DO believe they all come back, They might not make it known to you, but they are there as our gaurdian angels.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, beat and banged up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming....WOW!!! -WHAT A RIDE!!!!
What a ride!!!!!

#13 Morning_Glory_

Morning_Glory_

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:26 PM

I definetly believe its real visits.  My mom comes back from time to time in my dreams, she looks wonderful.  The last time she visited was right before my grandma passed, she said she was here for her but thought I could use a visit while she was here.  She was thinner, no glasses - she wore glasses her entire life.  I commented on the fact that she didn't have her glasses on.  She said she didn't need them but if it made me feel better, she'd put them back on.  I told her it was okay.Each time she visits it seems like the visits get longer, which is really nice for me.  I think its a matter of my accepting these visits from her.I also get visits from my Uncle who passed in an accident in the 80s, his visits are always alot of fun, nothing serious when he's visiting me.And I get the occasional visit from my childhood friend who I didn't know had passed until I got the first visit from him where he told me that we have been married in several past lives and will be again in future incarnations but this time around we were meant to walk different paths.I definetly believe its real visits.  My mom comes back from time to time in my dreams, she looks wonderful.  The last time she visited was right before my grandma passed, she said she was here for her but thought I could use a visit while she was here.  She was thinner, no glasses - she wore glasses her entire life.  I commented on the fact that she didn't have her glasses on.  She said she didn't need them but if it made me feel better, she'd put them back on.  I told her it was okay.Each time she visits it seems like the visits get longer, which is really nice for me.  I think its a matter of my accepting these visits from her.I also get visits from my Uncle who passed in an accident in the 80s, his visits are always alot of fun, nothing serious when he's visiting me.And I get the occasional visit from my childhood friend who I didn't know had passed until I got the first visit from him where he told me that we have been married in several past lives and will be again in future incarnations but this time around we were meant to walk different paths.

#14 Curious1

Curious1

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:55 PM

when  I first tried to meditate in order to have a OBE, I awoke suddenly because of a sensation that was in my finger. this is the first time that i ever try to meditate to have an outer body experience, when i realize that i was actually ''out'' I remember seeing myself entering into a living room sitting, it was alot like entering thru a black tunnel. In the living i was entering there was a an older lady  sitting on a couch and she was greeting me but just as soon as i was getting close enough to see exactly who it was is when i ''came to''. So with this, it is the same that was in question first, but vice versa. Did i meditate to that state of mind and actually had an OBE or did I falll asleep while concentrating to hard and just had a dream? <-----or is that meditation because it was my first time. but in any means would either validate for a visit or a trip?    Picture 562.gif

Edited by Curious1, 05 October 2008 - 06:07 PM.

IPB Image

#15 Mikah

Mikah

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE(CraigK @ Sep 29 2008, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope your dad comes back. Like Amethyst said ask for a visit before you go to sleep at night. I bet he'll be back.

When my dad comes in dreams he pops into everyone's except mine all in the same night. Just the other morning my mom woke me up telling me "Daddy was by. He looked nice. He had a gorgeous suit on. So and so and so and so were there as well (all deceased) and they told me to pick a number and get in line". Her dream went on that she came up to a door and was last and they told her she couldn't come in and to give her number back. My dad told her he'd see her later. I was like "Wow, Ma lucky your number wasn't up".

That afternoon my brother stopped in after work. I asked him if he'd had anything going on as we had a ton of activity here. He says "Yeah and I was scared chi*less too". He was laying awake on the couch waiting for the kids (teens) to come in and he got a shove and a little boy behind him said "Come on. Let's go". The dog hightailed it up the steps and he busted in the bathroom on my sis-in-law.

He says weird too before that I was sleeping and all these dead people were in my dream. People I know. A lady told me you can be any age you want when you cross over. He said "Well where's my dad?" and the lady pointed to a little boy and the kid said "It's me. It's dad". My brother asked the lady who she was and the lady said "I'm his mother of course. Your grandmother".

So of course I call the skeptic brother and ask if he had any weird goings on. "Yeah sure. My bed levitated, why?" I replied nothing except dreams and he goes "Ohhhhhhh ummmm was daddy in them?" I told him yeah and he said well he stopped to see me too. He looked great and had on a great European cut suit. So, I believe definately that when they can get back and they aren't busy they stop and see everyone.

Just not me. In a dream anyway.

#16 Mikah

Mikah

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE(Curious1 @ Oct 5 2008, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when  I first tried to meditate in order to have a OBE, I awoke suddenly because of a sensation that was in my finger. this is the first time that i ever try to meditate to have an outer body experience, when i realize that i was actually ''out'' I remember seeing myself entering into a living room sitting, it was alot like entering thru a black tunnel. In the living i was entering there was a an older lady  sitting on a couch and she was greeting me but just as soon as i was getting close enough to see exactly who it was is when i ''came to''. So with this, it is the same that was in question first, but vice versa. Did i meditate to that state of mind and actually had an OBE or did I falll asleep while concentrating to hard and just had a dream? <-----or is that meditation because it was my first time. but in any means would either validate for a visit or a trip?    Picture 562.gif

Sorry I don't know much about OBE, but your post was at 5:55 on the 5th if that means anything?

#17 Kiwilady

Kiwilady

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:49 PM

I definately believe that our deceased loved ones visit us in our sleep.  My grandmother was a very spiritual lady and always promised that she would make contact with me after she died.  

One night about six months after she died I was asleep and dreaming.  Suddenly, in the middle of the dream (I can't remember what it was about) I noticed my grandmother standing to one side and just watching me in my dream.  Of course the dream stopped and I yelled with joy and went over to where she was.  She seemed surprised that I had seen her and I 'felt' that she had been there before but I had never noticed her.  We were both laughing and embraced with a huge bear hug/dance, which was the customary way we greeted each other. biggrin.gif   Once we had got over 'the hug' we each stepped back to say hello and look at each other (part of our little custom)  (this is making me sooo sad remembering  this cause this was OUR thing!!!!). Picture 518.gif Unfortunately I got such a shock when I looked closely at her.  My grandmother had been 83 when she passed over and looked 83.  The grandmother in front of me was much younger.  I wasn't expecting that and the surprise of her not looking as I remembered her literally shocked me instantly awake!

I was so upset that I had woken before we had spoken but at least I got to hug her.  I really hoped that it hadn't been a dream and that it had actually happened and told members of my immediate family about it.  

Now, heres where it gets interesting!  My cousin, who lives in a different city, and who I have no contact with, but who was also close to my (and her) grandmother went to visit a medium a few months after my dream.  She had no knowledge of my dream, never mind any details about it.  Our beloved grandmother came through to the medium and told my cousin that she is around her (and my) family and that as she didn't enjoy being old she had changed her appearance.  She now looked as she had while in her early fifties because that was one of the best times in her life!!!

This information eventually made its way to my sister, who knew of my dream and reported back to me.  So of course the story of my dream then went back through to my cousin.  We were all amazed.  To me it was proof that spirits can and do visit us while we sleep.  Sadly I have not seen her again in a dream, but sometimes I think I feel her tickling the back of my neck as she did when she was alive.

Kiwilady Kiwilady

Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul

http://hauntedauckland.com

#18 janeyb

janeyb

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:47 PM

I'm not sure if it is a visit from a loved one or not, but my children and I dream of loved ones periodically.  Especially of my mother in law who passed away 4 years ago.  We are always comforted by these dreams, so I kind of believe she is trying to let us know that she is still with us.

#19 SRGhostgirl

SRGhostgirl

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Wrting, paranormal study, my two cats, reading, movies.

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:42 PM

Craig:

My mother died in 1985, and during the first 10 years or so after  her death, she visited me numerous times in my dreams. One time, I went to visit her in my dreams as well.  The dream was just the portal, or tool, if you willl, through which she could communicate with me.  These experiences were vivid, sharp- I could feel her when she hugged me, her essence was as strong as anyone's in waking life.  This is how I knew they were real and not just dreams. Over the years, her visits have lessened- but perhaps she has another purpose right now.

My grandmother died a year and a half ago.  I was very distraught and waited for her to come in my dreams, but she didn't....until the night before her memorial when she came to me, held me close and told me she loved me, everything was going to be okay.  Again-vivid, sharp, I coudl feel her arms around me, hear her voice.  

I've had other experiences, but those two stand out.

Susan

I think dreams are a portal to many things, and that visitations from deceased in our dreams are very real.

Edited by SRGhostgirl, 12 October 2008 - 05:44 PM.

#20 mizkitty

mizkitty

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:18 AM

I too have had the experience of my deceased father visiting me in a dream on a few occasions. I personally believe our loved ones who have gone on can communicate with us easier that way because our conscious mind that would normally make us question such an event is subdued.
I have actually had an experience in which some one else saw my deceased father. I was dating a guy who woke in the wee hours one morning to see "a small dark man who looked very angry" next to my bed. It completely flipped him out. I have seen spirits off and on most of my life, and there are a few who linger in my house (a whole other story), but I had never seen one matching that description in my house.
  Now, you have to keep in mind all descriptions are subjective to the individual. So here I am picturing the ghost of a very mad off Gary Coleman. Makes no sense to me. A few days after the sighting, my male companion commented on a turkey feather fan that was hanging on my bedroom wall. Out of nowhere he asked, "Did this belong to your father?" I replied that it did and asked what made him ask. He didn't answer me, but then asked me to describe what my father looked like. So I gave him the description, 5'8" black hair, Native American features....and you guessed it, it was the same person he saw. My friend was 6'3", so to him 5'8" is small. Well, it certainly explained why he looked so mad, he came by for a visit and I wasn't alone! After discussing it with my friend at some length, I realized the day of his sighting was the anniversary  of my father's passing. My friend never could explain how he knew to ask about the turkey feather fan. My father made it from the feathers of a turkey he shot archery hunting when I was a little girl. After he died, I took it to my house and it has remained on my wall ever since.