71 replies to this topic

#21 Crush

Crush

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Mar 23 2009, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess I am the minority here, but personally I like the Warren's. They are pioneers when it comes to the paranormal and broke ground on Demonic Hauntings, and have helped hundreds, and hundreds of people and families over the years.

They may have had genuine intentions in the beginning, I'm not one to say indefinitely what their true intentions were at that time, or even now.
But, when money and fame are a factor it changes people. It would take an exceptional human being NOT to be influenced by those things.
In my heart of hearts, I honestly believe that there was something in the house just not to that intensity as what was portrayed. Considering there was a brutal massacre that took place there, no denying that, who could rest knowing your older brother in which you loved and admired shot you in the back while you slept?
I just feel like there was a haunting (to a small degree) and with the history of this house it made the perfect ingredients for dollar signs and TV shows- FAME to pounce around in their heads! (not only the Warrens, but the Lutzs as well.)

just my thoughts.

#22 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(Crush @ Mar 23 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They may have had genuine intentions in the beginning, I'm not one to say indefinitely what their true intentions were at that time, or even now.
But, when money and fame are a factor it changes people. It would take an exceptional human being NOT to be influenced by those things.
In my heart of hearts, I honestly believe that there was something in the house just not to that intensity as what was portrayed. Considering there was a brutal massacre that took place there, no denying that, who could rest knowing your older brother in which you loved and admired shot you in the back while you slept?
I just feel like there was a haunting (to a small degree) and with the history of this house it made the perfect ingredients for dollar signs and TV shows- FAME to pounce around in their heads! (not only the Warrens, but the Lutzs as well.)

just my thoughts.

As far as Amity, who can really say for sure. I believe due to the graphic details (even changed or embellished in the movie) seem to me to be a classic Demonic hauting,  due to what they saw, heard, smelled and the effect it had on Cathy and George. In any case, the ones that got rich at that point were journalists, who embellished or changed the wording and the media that wrote books. Seems every one was in the the almighty dollar, and I think the media was to blame for SO many indescrepencies. They left a haunted location only to be haunted by reporters every where they went, even in hiding. Back in the 70's the only really scary movie out there was the "Exorcist" and then again the facts were incorrect and the story embellished to a massive degree. The Lutz's really didnt make anything except somewhere around $28,000. The fact that George stood by the truth till his death told me something. Cathy is still alive and has done some interviews over the years, and the kids were all young and Im sure they remember very little. Regardless, with every Demonic haunting, when the media gets involved every one loses credibility, and the wrong parasites make all the money..JMO
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#23 Guest_Staropeace_*

Guest_Staropeace_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:35 PM

So are you saying you actually believe the Lutz'es and actually believe that is was a Classic haunting......even after all the evidence to the contrary.....?

The ones that got rich were the folks who started this charade....Cathy and George. and the folks who made the movie...certainly not the priest they said suffered from demonic cursing...he said nay...certainly not any cops or any citizens or any other folks credited with sufferings that were fictional...so the journalists didnt need any help in embellishing. All of that was done from the get-go.

Note to self..........remember why you are a skeptic*

#24 Guest_Staropeace_*

Guest_Staropeace_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(Staropeace @ Mar 23 2009, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So are you saying you actually believe the Lutz'es and actually believe that is was a Classic haunting......even after all the evidence to the contrary.....?The ones who benefited financially were the folks who started this charade....Cathy and George. and the folks who made the movie...certainly not the priest they said suffered from demonic cursing...he said nay...certainly not any cops or any citizens or any other folks credited with sufferings that were fictional...so the journalists didnt need any help in embellishing. All of that was done from the get-go.Note to self..........remember why you are a skeptic*
okay I dont know what I did there to edit............wanted to change rich to benefited financially........or whatever lol..........I still think Amityville was a crock....and the only history was a sad history of herion abuse and homocide...followed by scam intervention and greed....

#25 Crush

Crush

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Mar 23 2009, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as Amity, who can really say for sure.

but, now, it seems this case in CT. is Amityville's twin.
Except here, it's a funeral home as its history and not a massacre.

#26 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE(Crush @ Mar 23 2009, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but, now, it seems this case in CT. is Amityville's twin.
Except here, it's a funeral home as its history and not a massacre.

The only correlation between Amity and Haunting in CT, were they are horrible dangerous hauntings. The history of the home in CT, was not a massacre, but that of evil acts that were performed on post mortim people. I beleive these two hauntings speak for themselves. Its my personal belief only, that these Demonic hauntings are so unbelievable, people either throw them into the fictional or hoax category, or think every one is lying, and lastly for money. These hauntings are not as rare as some think, and thats the point I am trying to make. These things do happen, so why not put them out there and possibly educate people, regardless of rumors, bad publicity and all the so called experts on the web. JMO

#27 Crush

Crush

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

As one to believe the possibility of such things, I see your point by getting it out there.
However, I do find it a bit disappointing that it seems every case involving such matters the Warrens have their finger prints molded in it.
While considering so many question their intentions, it does bring an overwhelming shadow of doubt to the believers of such phenomena, while giving more ammunition for skeptics.
I'm not trying to bash The Warrens, I'm only speaking how it seems to me personally. & it's disappointing. Especially, if you take such things to heart and are convicted on the matter.

#28 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE(Crush @ Mar 24 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As one to believe the possibility of such things, I see your point by getting it out there.
However, I do find it a bit disappointing that it seems every case involving such matters the Warrens have their finger prints molded in it.
While considering so many question their intentions, it does bring an overwhelming shadow of doubt to the believers of such phenomena, while giving more ammunition for skeptics.
I'm not trying to bash The Warrens, I'm only speaking how it seems to me personally. & it's disappointing. Especially, if you take such things to heart and are convicted on the matter.

I understand what you are saying, and have heard it over and over thru the years. But if you really think about it, who doesnt make some money of these hauntings?There are books, movies, TV shows and now the web. The Warrens are in no way millionaires thats for sure, and I just feel like everyone connects them with Demonic hauntings. The way I look at it is, it was their specialty, no one has even come close to what they have done. I mean look at Syvia Browne for example. She is a fraud AND a millionaire, and she preys off the grieving, devastated folks who are looking for answers regarding their loved ones death. That is just wrong..But the Warrens brought the Demonic hauntings to the forefront, and I for one, am glad they did, otherwise the public would not be aware of these, and thousands of people would have lived in horror and never knew where to turn, or what to do. So I thank them for that..JMO.. th_sarcastic_blum.gif

#29 Crush

Crush

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:24 AM

I detest Sylvia Brown.

#30 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE(Crush @ Mar 25 2009, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I detest Sylvia Brown.

Me too and thats the point I am trying to make. She has hurt and betrayed alot of people for her own personal gain. I mean even take TAPS, they fake evidence for ratings so they can make more money. Everyone needs to make a living. I feel the Warrens dedicated their lives to help people with negative hauntings. Since Amity and all the drama and rumors surround that, we have seen evidence that it did exist, such as the boy on the stairs, the artifact Lorraine has in her hand, and other things. I just think its unfair for those who say "they call everything a demon." Two of three movies of accounts isnt "everything" they have ever done. Also as I said they usually wont even charge for an investiation. In any case, I am OT but I really want to see the new movie of Haunting in CT, looks gooood.. fighting0072.gif

#31 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(Staropeace @ Mar 23 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
okay I dont know what I did there to edit............wanted to change rich to benefited financially........or whatever lol..........I still think Amityville was a crock....and the only history was a sad history of herion abuse and homocide...followed by scam intervention and greed....

I am still not convinced that heroin abuse drives someone kill their entire family. As we know that is one of many dangerous drugs that is rampant out there. They may steal or do break ins, but kill their own family execution stye? I dont think I will ever believe that the Lutz's sold their homes, moved in with small children to produce a scam in the 70's, why would they think that would work? Also why Demonic. A better scam would have been the ghosts of the DeFeo's were haunting them..If it was get rich scheme they would have died millionaires and actually they died far from rich. Anson, Kaplan, and the media hounds were to blame and made money..JMO..

#32 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:41 AM

The Warren's do charge for "helping"  unless you want to allow them to use your personal information when they write up you "case" for publication.  And it's almost impossible to get rid of them, if you won't allow them back into your house,  they will stand on the street in front of your house with their TV crew,  and make up lies in front of your neighbors.

#33 Clarina1980

Clarina1980

Vortex

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,721 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Mar 24 2009, 06:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as Amity, who can really say for sure. I believe due to the graphic details (even changed or embellished in the movie) seem to me to be a classic Demonic hauting,  due to what they saw, heard, smelled and the effect it had on Cathy and George. In any case, the ones that got rich at that point were journalists, who embellished or changed the wording and the media that wrote books. Seems every one was in the the almighty dollar, and I think the media was to blame for SO many indescrepencies. They left a haunted location only to be haunted by reporters every where they went, even in hiding. Back in the 70's the only really scary movie out there was the "Exorcist" and then again the facts were incorrect and the story embellished to a massive degree. The Lutz's really didnt make anything except somewhere around $28,000. The fact that George stood by the truth till his death told me something. Cathy is still alive and has done some interviews over the years, and the kids were all young and Im sure they remember very little. Regardless, with every Demonic haunting, when the media gets involved every one loses credibility, and the wrong parasites make all the money..JMO

Mrs Lutz died in 2003 from lung problems...
"True Love Is Like Ghosts, Which Everyone Talks About But Few Have Seen"

#34 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE(ClarinaGStudy @ Mar 26 2009, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mrs Lutz died in 2003 from lung problems...

Thanks,  I meant while she was alive,she gave interviews.

#35 mainemom207

mainemom207

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Interests:History of places, haunted or not..
    Love cooking and making new things and new recipes are always fun! And well.. Love Cemeteries and Folklore and Love to hear of the History of the United States as well as Abroad.. which has a vast history all by itself!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:25 AM

Well I know amityville was proven fake and now the house in CT. as well. And yes there are actual hauntings that cause this kind of issues. I agree there. But it is a shame when you have folks out there that end up making tons of money on people and the media in faking stuff just because. It is a fake as the new owners are in Hell right now with the house in CT. Because of this new movie coming out.. I posted it on the site earlier last week the news article here is the link to look at it..but they are being hounded by people who found out where they live and they are having peeps and everything else coming to the house and scaring the kids and all..
Here is the link that I posted on that:

http://www.paranormalsoup.com/forums/index...showtopic=33930

And you all can go see the post that lists the newspaper mentioning how the owners don't mind the picture takers but the hounding is forever going on for them.. I really feel for them. And they are not having any problems at all.

Interested in spirits and the history of places..
Peace and Blessings, Lynne'

Posted Image

#36 snowturtle

snowturtle

Apport

• GS Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:32 AM

I have to say I am surprised at how many skeptics there are that visit these message boards? I would think there would be more support of paranormal investigators instead of negative comments and accusations based on articles (or videos)  in the media that denounce their abilities?

I am not trying to defend the Warrens, I too have read good and bad things about them but maybe back in the day-they were the only people to turn to? They didn't have computers and the Internet back then, they didn't have equipment like PI's do today. When you are experiencing a haunting, and people constantly look at you like your nuts, it bites. Maybe they offered some people some sort of relief is all I am saying? Plus being a paranormal investigator in the media 20 years ago probably led to a lot of people wanting to rip their credibility to shreds. More so back then, rather than now. Just a thought...

#37 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(snowturtle @ Mar 27 2009, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to say I am surprised at how many skeptics there are that visit these message boards? I would think there would be more support of paranormal investigators instead of negative comments and accusations based on articles (or videos)  in the media that denounce their abilities?

I am not trying to defend the Warrens, I too have read good and bad things about them but maybe back in the day-they were the only people to turn to? They didn't have computers and the Internet back then, they didn't have equipment like PI's do today. When you are experiencing a haunting, and people constantly look at you like your nuts, it bites. Maybe they offered some people some sort of relief is all I am saying? Plus being a paranormal investigator in the media 20 years ago probably led to a lot of people wanting to rip their credibility to shreds. More so back then, rather than now. Just a thought...

I agree.. fighting0072.gif

#38 Crush

Crush

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:06 PM

If the owners of the house now are not complaining of anything paranormal it *could* be due to fact that the previous owners had apparently "exorcised" the house, or "cleaned it,"   whichever?
It's not the same as the Amityville where the family took off and left the house as is, with spirits and all still active, Or so be that's how it's understood.

#39 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE(Crush @ Mar 27 2009, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the owners of the house now are not complaining of anything paranormal it *could* be due to fact that the previous owners had apparently "exorcised" the house, or "cleaned it,"   whichever?
It's not the same as the Amityville where the family took off and left the house as is, with spirits and all still active, Or so be that's how it's understood.

Thats the thing Crush. Take Amity, it appears the Demonic followed them so there is no activity there, that I know of. As for CT, it may very well be ongoing no matter who lives there, and the saga could continue. As we know Demonics will remember your name, so nothing surprises me.  Picture 510.gif

#40 Crush

Crush

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:43 PM

Well, that brings up that Doris Bither case also from "The Entity."
She claimed it followed her as well.