Free Skins
© Fisana

Do You Believe In Demons? What Do You Think They Are?

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#1 Haunted Heart

Haunted Heart

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Studying the paranormal, film, music, writing, theatre and spending time with family.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:51 AM

I'm just curious about what you all think about demons.
Do you think they exist? Do you think they are just ghosts that are evil, or are they actual seperate entities that exist only to "destroy and wreak havoc"?

Do you know any supposed true stories associated with demons?

Thanks for your opinions and help.
My novels, available as paperback or eBook

#2 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:59 AM

I believe in demons, and I also believe, that like spirits they are all around us. With that said, they dont just haunt everyone, but mostly those who have invited them in, one way or another. I went through a demonic haunting that finally ended in early 2008. Do you have a specific question? Picture 562.gif
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#3 Lady Sorbus

Lady Sorbus

Offical GS Headshrinker

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, history, paranormal, symbology, theatre, cinema, Knights Templar, classic cartoons (none of the rubbish out there now), shamanism and witchcraft

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:42 PM

There are many supposedly true stories dealing with demonic confrontations. The most famous - if you believe it - is The Amityville Horror. I'm sure the website of Ed and Lorraine Warren will list all of the cases they dealt with regarding demonic possession. I can't think of any other hauntings that were alleged to be demonic in nature; most of what I can think of involves possession.

#4 momcat1962

momcat1962

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:16 PM

I do believe in demons and think they are separate from ghosts. Absolutely evil, and dangerous to have active ones in your home.

QUOTE(Haunted Heart @ Jan 4 2010, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm just curious about what you all think about demons.
Do you think they exist? Do you think they are just ghosts that are evil, or are they actual seperate entities that exist only to "destroy and wreak havoc"?

Do you know any supposed true stories associated with demons?

Thanks for your opinions and help.

#5 wiccanman

wiccanman

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Martial arts, The Paranormal and Airsoft

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:29 PM

I do believe in them.

I believe that they are a lower form of evil energy that has never been human.

I also think that they can haunt, attack and even in some circumstances control people.

That said I also feel that it is very rare for control to happen ( such as in the defeo case, made famous in the amityville horror ).

Only my personal views though.

Mark

I'm not a complete idiot!

Some parts are missing!

#6 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:39 PM

Actually there are three stages one goes through while encountering a demonic. The first is obsession which could be anything from performing EVP's constantly, or constant Ouija board playing and alcohol, drugs etc. The second stage is oppression. When we mention DeFeo's, I would say Butch beame possessed for a short time, and the rest of the family were oppressed, hence they never woke to fight for their lives. Demons use people as vessels, and what did they want with Butch? Nothing, except the act of evil in which he did follow through by killing his entire family. The Lutz's seemed to be oppressed from the moment they moved in. In any case, that is IMO how they operate. The more fear we show, the stronger they become. They detest humans, and really couldnt care less who they hurt or killed in the process.. angry2.gif

#7 Methos

Methos

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Weightlifting,martial arts,reading,demonology,<br />exorcism,camping and other things.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:15 PM

Hi Haunted Heart,

I do believe that demon`s do exist and that they are not just evil ghost`s but preternatural beings who have never been human but they can enslave,use and appear as human or a human spirit. There are also devils and evil spirits which can be demonic but also more or less in an order than a demon in it`s modern general term.

The diabolical wish to destroy every created thing that cannot be brought under their authority but instead reflects the higher order of creation which they can never have any part of.
There are two mistakes people usually make when it comes to the devil:One is not to believe in him at all;The other is to believe in him too much.

Too many people want to believe that hell has air-conditioning.

#8 Thager49

Thager49

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:29 PM

I do believe that demons exist.  I feel that demons are spirits that are not pleased unless they are making the living more uncomfortable, more mean, more addictive, until they can consume their lives  taking over and riding them in the path they wish for us to take.  In the physical presence I feel it is less likely to see one but, when searching for spirits, demons presence is one felt to the bone.

#9 ectomist

ectomist

Train Wreck Conductor

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Interests:Horses, ghosts and more.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:09 PM

Yes yes yes. Read my story over on the real story forum... A True Haunting.
If there wasnt a demon in that house then Im 5'9, thin and look like a super model!!

One must but open their eyes, to see what it right in front of them.

#10 ghost137

ghost137

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Researcher.
    Writer, Artist, Explorer.

Specialties:
    Ancient Myths, Afterlife, Time Travel.

Odd Interests:
    Codes, Ciphers, Physics.

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:39 AM

Edited myself.
G137

Edited by ghost137, 08 July 2010 - 08:06 PM.

- Ghost137 4mula -

To reach the 'Witching Hour' start at 24:59:59 + .01 Then Add: -.01(10)-9 till: -00.00.00 < -00.59.59 + (-.01) Add: .01(10)-9 or be lost forever.

#11 the evil

the evil

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:00 AM

I think there are more things than just demons, spirits, ETC.

I think a demon is a sentient being of any category whether it was human, animal, just a collection of evil entities, something primordial ETC. I honestly beleive in a lot of things on different dimensional levels that can interact with the levels below each.

I beleive that certain entities can use and interact with each other to attack or ignore those on even lower levels (IE us).

I do also think it takes quite a few perfect circumstances for interactions to happen or else we would all be under attack 24/7. I dont think it always has to do with inviting more so than attention in general. I honestly also beleive that even if their are evil spirits and demons not all of them are 100% out there to consume their life with "us" (bunny quotes). That is giving us more credit in the grand scheme of things than we deserve. Think of it like a bully and ants. sometimes he walks by an ant hill and smashes it to the ground and other times he is no more concerned with that than anything else. Much of it is chance, and what they feel like they can get from you. If anything has intelligence it has capabilities to do either good, evil or nothing at all depending on how much they like or dont like "you".

so to simply answer your question; i beleive in demons, and i think they are everything and nothing all wrapped up in a bow.

ps
i never believed the amityville house was haunted by demons prior to the original murders and was probably VERY hyped. the new residents have no problems.

Edited by the evil, 05 January 2010 - 09:02 AM.

#12 Haunted Heart

Haunted Heart

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Studying the paranormal, film, music, writing, theatre and spending time with family.

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:23 AM

Ghost137- Thank you so much for your story about the Indian witch. That sounds really, really creepy.
How long ago was that encounter, and have you experienced anything weird since that could be connected? (I suppose paranoia might come into the issue there, though)

Blue Angel - You said that you went through a demonic haunting in 2008. Can I just ask a couple of questions....I'm really fascinated by this subject so I would really appreciate it if you didn't mind....
1. How did you end up being able to confirm it was demonic and not a ghost/poltergeist? Was it something specific that happened that made you feel that?
2. What kinds of things did this demon do in your home? Do you feel it had a "mission" or was it just acting badly to cause issues?
3. Why do you think it came to you? Was there anything you feel that you did that might have inadvertantly invited it in...? (I really don't mean to offend with that question, by the way.)
Thanks so much for your time  innocent0005.gif  

Ectomist: I'll go and read your thread tonight! Thanks. I'm very interested to read your encounter.

I find the whole subject of demons and demonic posession fascinating, and even though I have always believed in them (and in Satan) I never knew how to define them, how to understand what they are....I suppose like much of the supernatural, it can't be explained easily.
I love a quote I heard once: "Satan convincing people he doesn't exist is the greatest trick he ever performed." How true...without belief, we can't arm ourselves!

Edited by Haunted Heart, 05 January 2010 - 11:00 AM.

#13 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,027 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:32 PM

I'm not sure that a creepy looking woman staring at you is proof of anything....except a creepy old woman stared at you. Probably just a tweaker or something.

It would be stupid of me to say demons don't exist, although to my knowledge I've never encountered one. There's so much we don't know, that IMO to accept the paranormal at all, one must also be open to all possibiities.

I do believe that anything demonic is a very low percentage of paranormal experiences. But I think it is prudent to not accept anything we get from the other side (EVP's, etc) at face value. I think many spirits are tricksters and can mimick voices, tell us what they think we want to hear, etc.
Posted Image

#14 xjadedx

xjadedx

Baby Girl

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,709 posts
  • Interests:anything paranormal, cooking, beer, celtic culture and art, irish step dancing, constellations, backpacking, anything to do with cheese

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:56 PM

There is something about the whole subject of demons, what they do/don't do, and whether they exist/don't exist that makes me cringe.

I have had, what I believe to be, countless experiences with the paranormal.  Some of those experiences have been disturbing and have frightened me...a lot.  However, the thought of one of those frightening encounters never made me ever think I was experiencing a demonic force, or anything close to it.

Like Vlawde said, I too believe that a lot of spirits are "tricksters", and have the power to trick us into thinking they are something they aren't.

xjadedx

"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on." --Led Zepplin

#15 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:10 PM

I understand that every one has their own version of what demons are, and can do. With that said, its like anything else "seeing is believing." Once we have lived through an experience, we dont have to prove it to anyone, but instead to share it, in case others can relate at any time and place. The ones who dont believe wont change their minds, and the ones that do believe, usually have had some kind of sign that tells them a part of what these monsters consist of.. Picture 483.gif

#16 Haunted Heart

Haunted Heart

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:31 AM

Blue Angel- Any chance you might answer the questions I posted earlier? I'm so curious about your story  investigate.gif

xJadedxGStudy - Can I ask why the subject of demons makes you cringe? I ask because I know other people who say they find it hard to believe in demons, or that they think the whole idea is just made-up, but those people don't really believe in anything- but you have experienced the paranormal, and I assume that maybe you've had experiences of ghosts/hauntings? So I just wondered why it's a stretch to believe in demons when you've already experienced that there is another realm out there. By the way, that's a genuine question, I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts.

Edited by Haunted Heart, 06 January 2010 - 01:32 AM.

#17 wiccanman

wiccanman

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 185 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:46 AM

I can give you my one experience of demons.

I was with a group doing an investigation at an old R.A.F airbase here in the UK.

It was a close group where we all knew each other and were friends, but suddenly the atmosphere changed drastically.

People started seeing red eyes, arguements began, friends almost came to blows, people ( myself included ) started to get angry for no reason and I mean angry.

Equipment was broken and friendships ended ( still not resolved ).

By the end of the night the group was in tatters.

We left the site and were soon feeling much calmer, the groups medium who was a close friend of mine explained that he had seen demons all over the site.

He explained that these demons had been instrumental in the groups problems and had caused all the trouble.

It has never happened since and to be honest I dont want it too.

Mark

Some parts are missing!

#18 the evil

the evil

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE(wiccanman @ Jan 6 2010, 03:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We left the site and were soon feeling much calmer, the groups medium who was a close friend of mine explained that he had seen demons all over the site.

Mark

did he by chance say what they appeared to look like?

#19 wiccanman

wiccanman

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 185 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:48 AM

If my memory serves me well, I recall him saying that he saw them as either swirling red or black energies and as small ( 3ft tallish ) snarling, spitting etc creatures.

From what I remember seeing it was flashes of red or black and on occasion what looked like red eyes.

Mark

Some parts are missing!

#20 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:25 AM

Blue Angel - You said that you went through a demonic haunting in 2008. Can I just ask a couple of questions....I'm really fascinated by this subject so I would really appreciate it if you didn't mind....
1. How did you end up being able to confirm it was demonic and not a ghost/poltergeist? Was it something specific that happened that made you feel that?
2. What kinds of things did this demon do in your home? Do you feel it had a "mission" or was it just acting badly to cause issues?
3. Why do you think it came to you? Was there anything you feel that you did that might have inadvertantly invited it in...? (I really don't mean to offend with that question, by the way.)
Thanks so much for your time innocent0005.gif

Hi HH, Sorry just saw your questions. I had no idea what was in my home, or who. It began as poltergeist activty, where things went missing, lights going off and on, items being thrown around etc. Soon after I began to get the foul odor of death and decomposition, and seeing big black orbs, and masses. Then it became very violent and I was injured several times. It turned into activty 24/7 but worse at night. It's mission was either to wear me down to the point I would commit suicide, go insane, lastly it could have very well pushed me hard enough I could have been killed. I am not sure when it began or how it got in. But what we came up with, was I am a medium and use to read Tarot cards for a long time. It surfaced when I became physically ill, emotionally spent, and spiritually off track. I never asked for it, thats for sure, but I did inadvertantly. Hope that answers your questions.. Picture 541.gif