14 replies to this topic

#1 chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation, Martial Arts, Travel, Geocaching

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:35 AM

So my team got called in from the real estate board to do a house. Vacant and the scene of a death. The house has been shown 60 times and no bidders, in this market that is strange. It has been stated through 6 or so agents that their clients see a woman at the top of the stairs (garden variety every house claim) She died on the main floor, she had stage 4 cancer and was a very heavy drinker so I would imagine ulcerated stomach etc etc. She was found in a pool of blood. 62 yrs of age.

Son wants to sell. But I will state for the record it is not this that is causing the house not to sell. I wonder what the agents are thinking really.
A it is in the worst part of town, that is enough. The house reeks of cat pee, the litter box is still full actually.
The furniture though quite antique, looks like a very very old person lived there and not taken care off. All her stuff is still in the drawers. Too much furniture as well
Foundation leak, the work benches pulled away from the wall when we arrived, so they even know about that

The room where she was found, carpet still down and reeks of body fluids. I mean really badly. We took our UV scanners and the bed frame is still covered in blood and spewtum

For all that, we spent the night there and very little happened. Still going over evidence mind you.
The neighbors were the creepiest part though, looking into the windows while we were there. Like a scene out of a movie.
My Signature
Dave Gibb,
Director Canadian Haunting and Paranormal Society
http://www.chapsparanormal.ca
Liaison TAPS Family International.
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#2 MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Lead Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:26 AM

Who in their right mind would show off a house that still had dead people fluid soaked into things? That's like placing a dead cow on the table while everyone is trying to eat their hamburgers. Gross. I am so sorry you had to be exposed to that.
My Signature
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#3 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,649 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

Why on earth would they try to sell a house with all the junk and possessions still there? Around here, the house is cleaned, pained etc so it is presentable and ready to move into
My Signature
Posted Image

#4 chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:51 AM

Integrity is of the utmost importance to me. I am guessing the agency will not like what I have to report frankly as to why the home is not selling.
My Signature
Dave Gibb,
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#5 SpukiKitty

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:01 AM

One would have to be a complete idiot to not figure out why a messy, stinky, dead-body-sludge house isn't selling.

Also; I feel bad for that old woman; Dying all alone in squalor like that.

The son needs to salvage, sell or toss the stuff then have the place cleaned and remodeled.

Edited by SpukiKitty, 09 July 2017 - 11:03 AM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#6 chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:35 AM

Well actually the house was not squalor. It was quite clean. The furniture was very dated. The smell was from her fluids. But yes, son needs to do something.
Very silly the way it is being handled. House is on for 440 grand I wouldn't pay 150 for it
My Signature
Dave Gibb,
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#7 Tarinya

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

He needs to have a cleaning company come in first of all. And the house has to be cleaned out. You can't just have someone die and then turn around and sell the house with all their things (and bodily fluids) still in it. I'm amazed that the realtors haven't said something to him. I would have figured they would have told him what needed to be done before they would even take it on as a listing.

#8 SpukiKitty

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:36 PM

View Postchapsparanormal, on 09 July 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

Well actually the house was not squalor. It was quite clean. The furniture was very dated. The smell was from her fluids. But yes, son needs to do something.
Very silly the way it is being handled. House is on for 440 grand I wouldn't pay 150 for it

Oh; Sorry about the "squalor" thing.
My Signature
Posted Image

#9 chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:04 PM

Not to be sorry I may have thought the same.

Just finished audio looks fairly clean., Maybe 2 hits to debunk.
Not shocked however
My Signature
Dave Gibb,
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#10 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:55 AM

Glad you are out of there Chaps. Let's hope the son gets his act together and gets cleaners in :yucky:
My Signature

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#11 Lamfada

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:07 AM

One of the things I love about ghost hunting is, even if you don't find a ghost, you get to see an amazing assortment of places, and meet some very unusual people

Tarinya is right--needs a cleaning Co.  I'd speculate that the son may have issues because he wasn't there when his mother passed in such dreadful conditions

#12 Michelle

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:39 PM

I wonder if the son thinks that the condition it is in - might be a selling point?  I do not mean that disrespectfully at all.  But you have a house, a death, an upstanding, reputable paranormal investigative team staying a night or two - investigating.  Piques the attention of folks taking it all in & if he plays his cards right, makes a fine profit.   I have seen that done where I live. Morbid but profitable. I could be very wrong -  did you get that vibe at all Chaps?

#13 chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:36 AM

Nah not really. I get the vibe the son didn't have much to do with Mom. Mom was a drinker, that seemed to be her lifestyle. Home had that dusty moldy smell, though fairly clean (which could be post death) But the smell says not too much attention was paid to living space.
I have given my report as there was no evidence. Some suggestions etc. I haven't heard back. They got my free help that is all they wanted it seems.
Video will be out in a week. Was some good debunking done that night.
My Signature
Dave Gibb,
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#14 moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:59 PM

Disgusting. It will never sell until they have someone go in with powerful cleaning fluids and remove most of that. It's actually a physical danger to be in such a place until it's properly cleaned.

It is entirely possible the place is haunted. Some people like that kind of thing.

#15 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,368 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:51 PM

Was it a violent death? Blood on the bedhead etc seems quite violent.

The real estate agents should know better. Get the place cleaned up and in a saleable condition. It's routine in Sydney at the moment to have everything moved out and the home 'styled' to entice buyers. Much better than walking through a dead owners possessions.
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com