#1 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,270 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:17 PM

Also mistakenly known as the Martinez house in downtown Sac. I was going through my pictures and figured I'd post this. We had tons of orbs in most pictures, obviously dust and pollen. Likely same here, but it did look a bit different. Maybe an insect in flight, but to me looks more like a drop of moisture
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 H4yW00d

H4yW00d

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:I like spending time with family and friends, the ocean, anything outdoors, roller coasters, holidays (especially Halloween), and anything paranormal

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:56 PM

That is one of the better orb pictures I've seen.  Doesn't look like your typical bug orb.  It even seems to be transparent.  Very round.   Cool picture.

Posted Image

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,270 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:14 PM

It is different. I'm thinking whatever it is is on, or very close to the camera lens
Posted Image

#4 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:55 PM

Neat picture, not sure what it could be either, other than maybe a bug, dust, moisture or pollen as you mentioned. Thanks for sharing it.

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#5 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,270 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

The dust and pollen ones were in bunches, and were flat, transparent and had that typical structure inside that dust orbs have
Posted Image

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,683 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:07 PM

Lovely orb. I have never heard of the place so I googled it and saw other pictures that Jennifer Baca took too; very interesting. Thanks for sharing I think Jim@GhostStudy could add it to his collection on certain orbs as I think it is similar to what he is looking for.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#7 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:35 PM

Thanks Klainey. And yes, it is very similar to what I'm looking for in my research! I would prefer it more if it wasn't quite as round but this one is close!
Vlawde, can I keep a copy for the research?

And it's not just the orb that I'm excited about, I love that old house at 22nd and H street in Sacramento!
I have been there many times and I love going close to Halloween when the crowds start to gather in droves! I and my son had a very real experience with the lady ghost of that house many years ago and I will never forget it! The house has now been vacant for over twenty years! Many speculate that the owners are afraid to live there themselves and are also afraid to rent or sale the house because of the haunting. However, they did get greedy once and tried selling the house for over a Million dollars. And the owner even went on the news and denied it was haunted! Anyway, I will be going there around the 25th and visit with all those gathered to experience the house. It definitely has a strange and eerie feel to it!  :)
Vlawde, I know you were there for an investigation once, right?

#8 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,270 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:18 AM

Klainey, Jen was in our group back in the day...great lady!

Jim, sure you can use the photo. I've been there multiple times, talked to the neighbors, taken picture and tried recording EVP's.  But have never been inside, although one investigator somehow got into the backyard (maybe it was Jen?) and took some interior pics through a window...no good  results though.  Here is a link to an article about the investigation, although the writer and us weren't aware no one named Martinez was associated with the home. Hehe you can skip the first part, it's just the writer talking about himself! ;)

http://www.yourghost....php?story=1548

Here's a section involving a few friends, I heard the EVP from them and was impressed "Alicia  and Mary did a scouting investigation of the home on their own, and when they got back in their truck they smelled a man's cologne. Figuring they were being followed by an entity, Alicia proceeded to tell their "guest" to leave. Fortunately they were doing an audio recording at the time, because they picked up an EVP that says, "I'll git." At least the ghost was a gentleman!
Posted Image

#9 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:27 PM

Jim - have fun on the 25th! I would love to see this house. Enjoy & good luck!

#10 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:37 PM

Hi Vlawde, do you have any EXIF data for this file? Seems to be stripped, but then again, if it's an older P/S who is to say it was present in the first place. Thanks in advance.

Edited by evp, 21 September 2014 - 02:38 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,270 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:16 PM

I posted that pic from my hard drive through photobucket then here. I had uploaded directly from my camera to a PC. Let me post it directly from my hard drive, see if you can see the EXIF data. I can tell you the camera was a Kodak Easyshot. No fancy settings, and flash was used.

Edit: says file too big to upload directly
Posted Image

#12 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:17 PM

Thanks Vlawde... and now that I saw the article, I remember reading it once before. Cool report!

Michelle... I never say for sure when I will be going to the house... I don't want a lynch mob waiting for me.  ;)

Well if anyone is in the area and decides to go see the house... you might also want to visit 1426 F Street as well. It's a house where a woman named, Dorothea Puente murdered all her elderly boarders. And had her handyman bury them all on her property!. I think she was responsible for 10 murders total, but 7 were buried in her yard. When you walk up to the house, there's a Mannequin dressed like Dorothea with an ax in her hand. And another mannequin upstairs representing the handyman. The house still gets a lot of attention to this day.

Here's the link for the quick story plus photos

Or click this link for the full story: Wikipedia.

#13 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:21 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 21 September 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

Thanks Vlawde... and now that I saw the article, I remember reading it once before. Cool report!

Michelle... I never say for sure when I will be going to the house... I don't want a lynch mob waiting for me.  ;)

Well if anyone is in the area and decides to go see the house... you might also want to visit 1426 F Street as well. It's a house where a woman named, Dorothea Puente murdered all her elderly boarders. And had her handyman bury them all on her property!. I think she was responsible for 10 murders total, but 7 were buried in her yard. When you walk up to the house, there's a Mannequin dressed like Dorothea with an ax in her hand. And another mannequin upstairs prepresenting the handyman. The house still get a lot of attention.

Jim - Fair enough LOL Have fun on or about the 25th! ^_^

#14 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 21 September 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

Well if anyone is in the area and decides to go see the house... you might also want to visit 1426 F Street as well. It's a house where a woman named, Dorothea Puente murdered all her elderly boarders. And had her handyman bury them all on her property!. I think she was responsible for 10 murders total, but 7 were buried in her yard. When you walk up to the house, there's a Mannequin dressed like Dorothea with an ax in her hand. And another mannequin upstairs prepresenting the handyman. The house still get a lot of attention.

Jim, I respect you as a writer, and for everything else you've done. But, I have to say this, I am involved in a very large rock project and never, and I mean never have I ever turned down an event because I thought there might be too many people involved anywhere at anytime. Is it different between your line of work as a writer and mine as a musician? I'm just wondering because I am betting it shouldn't be....

Edited by Roxstar, 21 September 2014 - 06:31 PM.

-UNKNOWN-

#15 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,270 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:12 PM

Uh....I'm not sure what you're mad about, Roxstar. I'm not seeing anything related to bigotry.
Posted Image

#16 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

I'm not mad Vlawde, just wondering. Not a bigot... unless my history here says otherwise. I am entitled to asking questions, right?

Edited by Roxstar, 21 September 2014 - 06:32 PM.

-UNKNOWN-

#17 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,270 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

Ok, your edit clarified things a bit. You're referring to Jims comment about not sating when he'll be there? I just took it as a joking comment. Having said that, I do think if there are some  of us in the Sac area it would be cool to actually do something like that

Edited by Vlawde, 21 September 2014 - 06:35 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:40 PM

View PostVlawde, on 21 September 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

Ok, your edit clarified things a bit. You're referring to Jims comment about not sating when he'll be there? I just took it as a joking comment. Having said that, I do think if there are some  of us in the Sac area it would be cool to actually do something like that
Vlawde, of course I am being respectful. I am just asking Jim if there is like a reason to be afraid to come out to a big event.. unless he was joking which would make me feel completely confused because it would mean I completely missed the joking part of it. Some people have issues with big events. I'm just asking. Maybe I should p.m.? I don't know but I am totally being cool as always.

Edited by Roxstar, 21 September 2014 - 06:49 PM.

-UNKNOWN-

#19 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:06 PM

Vlawde, thanks for trying to have things clarified.

Roxstar... I was obviously joking about the lynching. But letting a few thousand people know when and where I will be at a given time makes me feel uncomfortable. I know, it seems strange but that's just the way I am, sorry.

#20 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:17 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 21 September 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

Vlawde, thanks for trying to have things clarified.

Roxstar... I was obviously joking about the lynching. But letting a few thousand people know when and where I will be at a given time makes me feel uncomfortable. I know, it seems strange but that's just the way I am, sorry.
I meant no disrespect at all, and I apologize for coming off that way. It's hard to portray feelings through just typing (text messages can be the same way.) I really hope I didn't offend anybody because it was not my intention :) Jim, I have your book, and actually I have the whole caught on film series. Yours is by far the best of the series and I would love to see another.

-UNKNOWN-