KlaineyGStudy

Wraith

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:03 AM

Posted Image
http://bangordailyne...hosts-included/

One thing that is more goosebump-inducing than cosy, she said, are the ghost stories that seem to be as much a part of old, historic houses like this one as its old-fashioned furniture. In the family’s first summer opening the inn, one guest from England told them that he liked to stay at the Homeport because of the ghosts.

“He said the spirits were there,” McLellan recalled. “I’m pretty much immune, but even I have a couple of stories.”

Perhaps the most deliciously chilling of those features her dog, Cooper, who was her companion at the inn for several months in 2011 while the family was getting ready to open for business. McLellan was living in an apartment on the top floor at the time while her husband stayed home in New Hampshire.

“Every night, about 2 in the morning, Coop would start growling,” she said. “Then he’d go to the kitchen. His hackles were up. He’d just growl until he started full-out barking. A couple of steps led to a door, and he’d look at the door and start barking.”
At first, McLellan figured her dog woke up because of nocturnal rodent activity. But as the 2 a.m. incidents continued, she began to wonder.

“It just struck me as really odd that he would do that,” McLellan said. “The mice don’t come out to play at 2 in the morning on a regular basis. It’s just really weird.”

The early morning barking attacks only went away entirely after the family renovated the top floor, she said, adding that ghosts, of course, have nothing to do with the family’s decision to sell the inn.
Posted Image

#2 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:20 PM

Thank you for finding that and posting it.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users