#1 biblophile

biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, books art

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

My wife and I went out for the day, we were gone for prehaps five or six hours when we came home the freezer door was wide open and much of the food inside was thawed. This is the third time this has happened. it only happens when we are gone for a long period of time. I tried to force the door to open on its own by slamming the refrigerator door, etc... nothing, the seal is tight. Slamming caused the door to open a tiny bit than close again on its own. When we came home the door was wide open against the wall.
We have had other activity apart from this strange occurrence. Orbs, a full body apparition, and something turning the knob on the  closet door in the middle of the night waking my wife and I up.
Has any body else had occurrences like these in their house and would like to share?

#2 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:57 PM

Are you sure it might not be a sealing issue that under the right conditions, warm air is allowed to enter and expands breaking the sealing point?

If it is a ghost, I'd suggest hanging a sign on the door saying "Leave a tip!"

#3 biblophile

biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:00 PM

View PostEVP, on 18 March 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

Are you sure it might not be a sealing issue that under the right conditions, warm air is allowed to enter and expands breaking the sealing point?

If it is a ghost, I'd suggest hanging a sign on the door saying "Leave a tip!"
I think if it was a sealing issue the door would only be open a tiny bit this was open all the way against the wall. The tip idea is good I don't want any free loading  ghosts around here.

#4 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,289 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

I think the first order of business is to buy a chain and padlock... seriously. That can add up to a lot of money if you have to throw out good food.  :wacko:
Oh and take the set of padlock keys with you... or leave them concealed in the car.   ; )

I would start keeping a log and note each occurrence as it happens and Include the date and time. After awhile, the log will be valuable in connecting the dots as to it's possible motives and type of haunting. And if it's not a haunting the log can help determine that as well.

If it is indeed an unseen visitor, then it's something you have to watch out for. I say that because it seems to be out to cause trouble. In other words, by leaving the freezer door open it tells me that it's trying to cause as much damage as possible with the least amount of effort. So it's probably not a powerful ghost or worse things would possibly be happening.

The other possible scenario could be that it simply wants attention. If I were you, I wouldn't be giving it any attention unless it comes down to a battle.... and then you need to choose your battle carefully. And please don't be talking about it in the house.

Let's hope it's something explainable as EVP suggested.  B)   Life is much easier that way.

I personally think it just wants attention... and without that, it will move on soon enough.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#5 biblophile

biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 18 March 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

I think the first order of business is to buy a chain and padlock... seriously. That can add up to a lot of money if you have to throw out good food.  :wacko:
Oh and take the set of padlock keys with you... or leave them concealed in the car.   ; )

I would start keeping a log and note each occurrence as it happens and Include the date and time. After awhile, the log will be valuable in connecting the dots as to it's possible motives and type of haunting. And if it's not a haunting the log can help determine that as well.

If it is indeed an unseen visitor, then it's something you have to watch out for. I say that because it seems to be out to cause trouble. In other words, by leaving the freezer door open it tells me that it's trying to cause as much damage as possible with the least amount of effort. So it's probably not a powerful ghost or much worse things could happen.

The other possible scenario could be that it simply wants attention. If I were you, I wouldn't be giving it any attention unless it comes down to a battle.... and then you need to choose your battles carefully. And please don't be talking about it in the house.

Let's hope it's something explainable as EVP suggested.  B)   Life is much easier that way.

I personally think it just wants attention... and without that, it will move on soon enough.
good advise, thank you. We have had other kinds of activity in our current residence. I have had experience with the paranormal in past residences on a much more dramatic scale, so by and large I tend to ignore the small amount of activity that has been occurring here of late.

#6 lorac61469

lorac61469

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:57 PM

Maybe set up a camera?
Where is the freezer? Inside the main house or outside (like in a garage)? Any food items missing?

#7 biblophile

biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:33 AM

freezers in side the kitchen. there are no food items missing.

#8 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:03 AM

If you can stick a camera watching the freezer the next several times to go out etc

You can use a cheap action cam (<$10 off ebay), your smartphone, camera or a laptop webcam

#9 lorac61469

lorac61469

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:01 PM

Any pets? I had a cat that could open drawers, kitchen cabinets and closet doors. She never did open the freezer but with a little practice she could probably figure it out.

#10 biblophile

biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

I am buying a small wireless camera to set up in the kitchen.

#11 siguie

siguie

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:36 PM

If it's the freezer you may have a clogged/iced up defrost drain or just a messed up blower :yes: Either of these things can cause a slight buldup in pressure but since the door has a huge surface area {think pounds per square inch}  that pressure can build up quite high and very forcibly blow the door open :yes:

As an aside putting dry ice in a freezer will do this and is hysterical when it's not your fridge freezer :th_evil:

In the meantime I would recommend getting or preferably making a velcro door latch, ideally one with a bit of elastic so the door could still blow out pressure then get pulled closed again.:yes:
- siguie -

#12 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:04 PM

View Postbiblophile, on 19 March 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

I am buying a small wireless camera to set up in the kitchen.

That's a great idea, at least then you can eliminate if it's a freeloading human. But, if it's a pressure expansion or the ghost remains invisible, how are you going to make that determination? Now if you latch the fridge with a combination lock and it manages to open itself while being monitored by a camera, then....you have something interesting.

Edited by EVP, 19 March 2017 - 07:06 PM.

#13 biblophile

biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:19 AM

View Postsiguie, on 19 March 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

If it's the freezer you may have a clogged/iced up defrost drain or just a messed up blower :yes: Either of these things can cause a slight buldup in pressure but since the door has a huge surface area {think pounds per square inch}  that pressure can build up quite high and very forcibly blow the door open :yes:

As an aside putting dry ice in a freezer will do this and is hysterical when it's not your fridge freezer :th_evil:

In the meantime I would recommend getting or preferably making a velcro door latch, ideally one with a bit of elastic so the door could still blow out pressure then get pulled closed again. :yes:
Is there a way to check the defrost drain?

#14 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, Music, Meditation, The Outdoors, The Beatles, Reading, Writing, Celebrity Grave Hunting, Storm Chasing, The Paranormal (Ghosts & UFO's), Computers, Romance, Travel, Literature & Photography.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:41 PM

Get a video camera. Hide it. Set it to record. Leave the house for 5 or 6 hours.
Hopefully, you'll get something. Best of luck to you.
Peace

Posted Image

#15 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:59 AM

How long a time period has this been going on for?

#16 biblophile

biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:25 AM

it has occurred three times in as many months, and only when both my wife and I are absent from the flat for a long period of time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users