• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,577 posts

Posted 03 July 2022 - 03:17 AM

I really enjoy watching psychic investigators this is one of my favourites Viki Monroe finding Amy

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#2 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,940 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 03 July 2022 - 07:39 PM

Here's an interesting short read from the Department of Justice. Mind you it's a little dated.

Psychics & Police Work

Prior to the early 1980's, law enforcement had their hands full. Painstaking measures took place to visually identify fingerprints by a human using a magnifying glass. Success was limited using old school measures to identify the perpetrator. The process was long, laborious and mostly uncertain.

Computers nowadays can identify fingerprints in a matter of seconds that may have taken months 40 years ago. Now with DNA genealogy and other sophisticated sampling, only a very very small portion of criminals slip through the cracks. Recently they have developed DNA forensics to a level that can visually recreate what the facial construction of the perpetrator looks like with extraordinary precision. With a good DNA sampling, they can convict scientifically presenting the odds in the billions to one with certainty.

I would rely on scientific methods over a guessing game that psychics play. They are just more reliable but I'll be the first to admit, they aren't perfect with a sleuth of variables that can turn a crime into decades of discovery.

On a personal note, I've paid for 6 readings in my life. All but one worked in the "cold reading" method and were vague and obscure that could surely apply to a host of many individuals. The one reading mind you was surprisingly accurate and to this day I'm perplexed with the detail. I'm not ruling out the person may have obtained information about myself as we had a common friend.

Back in my 20's I had a group of people over to my apartment and a "black medium" was brought up by one of the guests. I had never met this guest prior to this. Strangely, I stopped her from proceeding and went on to describe her appearance, the structure and layout of the mediums house and even guessed the name of the street she lived on. I felt something strange come over me as if I was momentarily experiencing a real-time vision. Once I proclaimed the name of Church Street, my guest was completely overwhelmed, turned pale white in the face and abruptly left my place in fear.

Strange stuff. In my early years. I had several similar experiences happen in my youth. Not now, I'm lucky to remember my name in the morning over coffee.

Just want to present both sides of the coin. I embrace science always as a first but I do recognize the unusual without logical explanation.

Edited by EVP, 03 July 2022 - 07:57 PM.

Posted Image

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,577 posts

Posted 04 July 2022 - 12:43 AM

Totally agree that you need the science to prosecute a crime but surprised a the number of psychics helping to solve crimes. Although I know of this case, I didn't know a psychic was also involved in reporting useful information.

Posted Image

#4 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,940 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 13 July 2022 - 07:39 AM

In case anyone is interested in additional reading, here's an eleven page pdf from the "Skeptical Enquirer" regarding the use of psychics in police work.

https://cdn.centerfo...2165151/p44.pdf
Posted Image

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,577 posts

Posted 13 July 2022 - 06:49 PM

Interesting artificial Dorothy Allison was a frequent target of skeptic James Randi[/font]

Posted Image