My Childhood Home

• You cannot reply to this topic
243 replies to this topic

#21 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:21 AM

Hello Everyone,

Well, I had another encounter the other morning. I should tell you first, mother had me program the television in the livingroom to turn on at 6 AM every morning, monday thru Friday. At 6 AM, on Wednesday, I heard the television turn on, roughly five minutes later I heard five distinct raps on my bedroom door. I first thought it was my mother knocking, but soon realized I had not heard her get up. I waited and no one opened the door or spoke asking to come in. I did not hear anyone walk away from my door, either. A few minutes later, I heard my mother leave her bedroom, cross the livingroom and go into the bathroom. Then I knew, it was not my mother who had knocked on my door!

It had been quiet for a while, with only the occasional name calling and that thing behind my chair, but now it is knocking on my door?  Well, I guess I should be thankful, that it is being polite in knocking. smile.gif I just wonder, what would have happened if I had said, 'Come in."? unsure.gif

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 25 January 2007 - 07:23 AM.

My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#22 kathy-marie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:being as immature as I can get away with lol , music progressive house minimal house techno house , favourite haunt digital newcastle, best DJ John digweed !!!

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE(MacCionoadha @ Jan 5 2007, 11:39 AM) View Post
It is very terrifying. All those experiences, during my childhood, brought me to the point of startling me awake at the slightest sound. I used to scare my poor mother half to death, when she would open my door in the morning. There were a few times I had not woken up, when she entered. Those were dangerous wakenings for her. She would call my name and I would not hear it. She would then touch me, which startled me awake, swinging. I had almost given her a black-eye, when she woke me.

When I was little, from 1970 to the Spring of 1977, I would keep dreaming of a house. I had never been in it before. I see the street, the outside of the house, the staircase to the second floor, a room with two single beds and a closet beside the bed on the right. I remember dreaming of being in that bed and looking out the door into a hallway. To the right was a watercloset and a nother bedroom to the left of it and to the left of the bedroom , the stairs down to the livingroom. To the right of 'my' bedroom was a washroom.

I would also dream about rolling fields and a high stone wall, that seemed to go on forever. I also dreamed of castles and rooms full of glass cases full of old things. Of a high hill, with a circular road winding three times around. It had a big edifice atop it and a fence about that.

In the Summer of 1977 my father, who was from England, decided to take us to England to meet his family. Everywhere we went was the same as my dreams. The house turned out to be my Uncle's and the room my sister and I shared was the room from my dreams. We went sightseeing with my uncles and we would average visiting 5-6 castles a day, plus many museums, churches, priories, abbeys and cathedrals. One such museum was The Bowes Museum. The wall turned out to be Hadian's Wall, that spans the border between England and Scotland. The hill was Penshaw Hill, from the legend of The Lambton Worm. One of the castles turned out to be Bramburgh Castle on the Holy Island, Westminster Cathedral, Tynemouth Priory and St. Mararget's Church. We visited over 50 ancient sites in 14 days.

I will post more later.

hi Ive been reading your story with great interest as I myself had similar experiences aas a child ,I will get round to writing them sometime but I wanted to tell you that I live in Northumberland which is near bamburgh to the north and near tynemouth to the south of us.
My family are lucky enough to own holiday cottages in seahouses and berwick which are very close to bamburgh so Im often there.
Bamburgh castle is incredibly haunted !!!!!! confused0068.gif  there are all kinds of weird goings on there but if you ever visit England again and you are in this area I would definately recomend that you visit Chillingham castle as It is the most intense experience you'll ever have in terms of haunted castles!!!!! thumbsup.gif
My Signature
the time when kids need the most love is when they are being at their most unlovable !!! same goes for ghosts I say . in awe of all you guy's advice ....... listen to your elders xxxxxxxxxx

#23 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(kathy-marie @ Jan 25 2007, 03:25 PM) View Post
hi Ive been reading your story with great interest as I myself had similar experiences aas a child ,I will get round to writing them sometime but I wanted to tell you that I live in Northumberland which is near bamburgh to the north and near tynemouth to the south of us.
My family are lucky enough to own holiday cottages in seahouses and berwick which are very close to bamburgh so Im often there.
Bamburgh castle is incredibly haunted !!!!!! confused0068.gif there are all kinds of weird goings on there but if you ever visit England again and you are in this area I would definately recomend that you visit Chillingham castle as It is the most intense experience you'll ever have in terms of haunted castles!!!!! thumbsup.gif

Chillingham was one of the castles we visited, when we were there, but unfortunately, it was closed to the public at the time. Darn! I hope to go back sometime, I am not sure when.
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#24 kathy-marie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:being as immature as I can get away with lol , music progressive house minimal house techno house , favourite haunt digital newcastle, best DJ John digweed !!!

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:03 AM

When I went there it was just so creepy!!!!!! At the time I didnt realise that it was haunted and it was early in the day and wasnt open yet so we decided to have a walk around the grounds .
The trees all give off really strange vibes and theres a cluster of them not far from the entrance to the castle that I really didnt like and felt that I would rather walk the long way round rather than through them. ermm.gif
Theres also a lake behind the castle and I got the same vibe from that area, It was almost like a choking feeling and I felt really claustrophobic around both areas even though they are both outside. huh.gif
It wasnt until we went inside the castle and learned of its history that I realised that theses are hanging trees and the lake was used to trial and drown witches that I really freaked !!!!!!!     Im a white witch ohmy.gif
My Signature
the time when kids need the most love is when they are being at their most unlovable !!! same goes for ghosts I say . in awe of all you guy's advice ....... listen to your elders xxxxxxxxxx

#25 henkelhh

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:taking pictures of ghosts, gardening, my animals, my house

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:56 AM

Wow just love reading your stories.  Reminds me of some of my childhood memories. happy0045.gif

#26 Prole

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:58 AM

Wow, MacC!  It sounds like at least some of the stuff that was happening to you came from deceased members of your family, and some of it sounds like entities attached to your house and the land.  You had a lot going on there, and it also sounds like there may have been some sensitivity on your part and maybe other members of of your family.  VERY interesting, and glad you survived it!
My Signature
"Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, humans will discover fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#27 kathy-marie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE(MacCionoadha @ Jan 25 2007, 03:00 PM) View Post
Chillingham was one of the castles we visited, when we were there, but unfortunately, it was closed to the public at the time. Darn! I hope to go back sometime, I am not sure when.

I just thought, If you want to visit again you could stay in cottage xx

My Signature

#28 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:04 AM

I wish to thank you all for your kind responses.

Thank you for your offer, Kathy. I do hope to cross the 'pond' some day, hopefully, in the near future.
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#29 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:34 AM

Hello Everyone,

I know it has been a while, since I posted anything new here. I have been going through some physical and emotional problems of late. I have not been sleeping well, I am lucky if I recieve two hours of sleep a night and it is starting to affect me physically. Then, there is my recent broken engagment, that has not helped matters any.

Anyway, I digress from my topic. Recently I have been hearing voices in conversation, as I settle down to sleep. They are muted as if from afar, but if I get up to check, they stop. I have looked around my home and outside, when I hear them, and there is no one about. As soon as I resettle, they start up again. I can not make out what is being said. It is as if many people are talking at once, garbled and muted. I also heard a laugh/giggle, when I was alone in my livingroom. It sounded as if the person was standing right behind me. I was sitting in a high-backed chair and was afraid to stand up and look behind me. It took a while to get up the courage to do it. As you can guess, there was no one there. My Mother and I have been hearing people calling our names, again. We hear, what we think is each other, calling out our names(Mother hears me calling and vice-versa). It is not either one of us. It is starting to get on my nerves.

I heard the other night a loud sound, like a crack, coming from the oppisite corner of my bedroom. When I got up to check, there was nothing amiss. I even checked the room(sewing/computer) next to mine. There was nothing wrong in there, either. I have heard the knockings again, five distinct raps, on my door and at other times in my room. And again, nothing is there. Also, we have heard noises/voices in the basement. I would check and no one is down there(thank goodness).

Well, that is all I can think of right now. I am only working on two hours sleep, so I am a bit befuddled at the moment. When I can remember more, I will post again. Hugs to all.
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#30 Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:55 AM

Mac, have you tried asking them to be quiet and leave you alone?  Like "I'm already having troubel sleeping and you aren't helping!"?  That would be my first inclination (although I suggest saying it respectfully, without losing your cool).

Also, perhaps the resurgence in activity is due in part to your recent stress.  Ghosts tend to manifest more when there is an abundance of emotional energy around, and stress will certainly provide that.  I would suggest focusing as much as possible on activities you enjoy and doing your best to think about the positive aspects of life, especially when you're tempted to dwell on the things that trouble you.  When you're having trouble sleeping, perhaps you could put on some headphones and listen to soft soothing music--if you can't sleep, at least you'd be physically relaxing (and it might help drown out the pesky ghosts).  I have a feeling that as you work through and move beyond this stressful period, that the activity will die down again, no pun intended.

#31 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 01:50 PM

Mac, have you tried asking them to be quiet and leave you alone?
I will try asking them to stop. Hopefully, they will comply.  

Also, perhaps the resurgence in activity is due in part to your recent stress... When you're having trouble sleeping, perhaps you could put on some headphones and listen to soft soothing music--if you can't sleep, at least you'd be physically relaxing (and it might help drown out the pesky ghosts).

I thought it might be why they are so active lately. I will try the headphones idea, it might work. Thank you for the suggestions. I will try them and let you know if they worked. Hugs.
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#32 Clone

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:25 PM

Mac...love your stories!  Being from Mexico myself and living in a really old house when I was younger, some of my experiences have been in said house.  In the little town that we lived in harbors many stories of the supernatural and/or unexplainable.  Thanks for sharing what you've experienced.

C

#33 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:49 PM

Thanks for sharing what you've experienced.

C

You are welcome, Clone.

Augustine, I have tried to relieve my stress, but fate seems to be fighting against me.

As you know, I live with my mother. My house sits on the corner of 12th avenue and "L" street. Well, we had two people sleeping over Saturday night. It was my sister and my niece. We went to bed around 12:30AM. At 1:30AM Easter(April 8) morning someone, with a BB gun, decided to take pot-shots at my home. This lasted, off and on, from 1:30AM to 3:32AM. We called the police and just as I saw Officer S. pull around the corner from 12th Avenue onto my street, my home was hit again with another shot. He arrived at around 2:45. He checked around, then went to drive around the block.

A minute had not gone by, when there were more shots. One hit the side of my porch and when I went to look out that window, another shot hit the window next to me. We called the police back and they called in two other police officers from the neighboring town, so then I had three squad cars out in front of my house. They looked around, but could not find any damage in the dark, so the back-up officers left and  Officer S. said he would patrol my neighborhood the rest of the night. It was a while later that we heard one last shot at 3:32AM.

The next morning we found at least ten points of damage on my house and five of them were to the windows. I called the police again and told them we had found some damage and Officer S. came back. He looked at the damage and said he would patrol the neighbor hood for the rest of his shift that would be until 4PM. That poor man was on duty from 12AM to 4PM Easter Sunday. None of us got any sleep that night(actually morning) and I had to start the cooking and baking for the Easter dinner at 6AM. I am still exhausted.

When my guests arrived, we told them about what had happened. My nephew went outside to see the damage and found one BB in the flower bed. He said it was a hollow-point BB. It just burns me up, that someone would do that to us. We are friendly to everyone.
mad0233.gif

What has me wondering is earlier that night and prior few days, I heard the voices again. They sounded very excited/agitated, but could not understand what they were saying. I also heard knocking and seeing movement in my peripheral vision, during the day on Friday and Saturday. I wonder were they trying to warn me, about what was going to happen on Easter morning?

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 09 April 2007 - 12:50 PM.

My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#34 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

My mother and I are still hearing the voices and the knockings. I have, temporarily, moved out of my room onto the porch. The knockings are now coming from the wall, next to the foldout couch, were I am sleeping. Like the knockings on my door were not bad enough, now they are manifesting next to me. I have been hearing the sound of glass cracking, but there is no damage. We also, have been hearing the sound of someone walking across the attic floor. That is impossible, as there is no floor, only rafters.

My niece suggested, that we set Frankie back up in the living-room, to see what happens. She wondered, if it would happen now or if it is only a holiday phenomenon. I am going to discuss this with my mother to see if she is okay with the experiment.

I will keep you updated.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 07 May 2007 - 04:07 PM.

My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#35 Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:56 PM

Thanks for the update, Mac.  I hope the activity abates soon...you need your sleep and shouldn't be stuck on the porch (especially if the thing is still keeping you up).

#36 Spooky3

Apport

• GS Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:53 PM

Hey Mac,
I noticed you haven't posted in a few days.  Hope everything is alright!  I know this may sound crazy, and I am being serious here, but when you were younger, and during the night when you were asleep in your room, did you ever hear noises like growling coming up from the furnace vents from the basement?  Or when you shared your room with your sister, did you ever think something was trying to grab your arm and you blamed your sister, like she was just trying to scare you?  The reason why I ask is because your experiences sounded exactly, and I mean exactly, like the ones I had growing up.  When I read your posts, I literally felt like I was there with you.  I know this sounds really crazy, I just didn't know how else to explain it.  
Well, I have to sign off for now. Time to go and pick up my daughter from school and go home.  Will be back in the morning.  I really do hope you are doing better!
Spooky3

#37 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE(Spooky3 @ May 10 2007, 05:53 PM) View Post
Hey Mac,
...Hope everything is alright! I know this may sound crazy... did you ever hear noises like growling coming up from the furnace vents from the basement?... did you ever think something was trying to grab your arm...
Spooky3

Hello Spooky3,

I am okay, just had a mild case, of food poisoning. I am feeling better now. I do not remember any growling from the vents. I do remember being touched on the arm and foot, when I was little. I knew it was not my sister, because she had the top bunk and it made a lot of noise(squeaks and creaks), when she got down from it.

Growing up, I always thought(when I was no longer sharing a bedroom), that there was someone hiding in my room. It would be watching me from the corner, next to the bureau. Also at times, the sensation of being watched, came from the closet. I would walk into the room and my eyes would immediately go to the closet door, at the same time, I would get a creepy feeling. Even now, while I am typing this, I have the distinct feeling that someone is looking over my shoulder. I keep looking behind me and there is nothing there. I am just afraid, that one day I will look behind me and something WILL be there. scared0010.gif

Well my mother okay-ed the Frankie experiment. Now I just have to find out where he is. I looked down in the basement, on the designated Christmas Shelf, but I could not see him there. And as you all know, I do not enjoy being down in my basement, so it was a quick look around for him. I will have to wait till she comes home and ask her where it is. I wanted to start the experiment this afternoon, but it will have to wait till later.

Well, I will keep you updated on Frankie. "I'll be back." thumbsup.gif
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#38 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:28 AM

Hello,

My niece asked, that we wait on Frankie, until after my mother leaves for California. So, we will start the experiment on June 6th. We will set him up as he was at Christmastime. He will be placed on top of two boxes, behind the couch in the living-room. We will then go and sit in the dining-room. We will note when we turned him on, what time he is set off. How long he plays, how many cycles and the time when he stops.

My niece spent the night here, on the couch. I was sleeping on the porch. She called my name and asked if my mother's door was moving or if it was just her eyes playing tricks. I got up and looked, it did seem to be moving. I turned on the light and it stopped. At that moment, my niece said, she saw a shadow moving past the kitchen doorway, toward the dining-room(right to left). I went out and checked, there did not seem to be anything there. It did feel a bit heavy in there, though.

The side yard light(motion-sensor) keeps going off. When we go and check, there is nothing there. Last night I noticed it was on and looked out the window below the light, there was nothing out there. As I stood there, the light went off. I stayed looking out it, for a few minutes and it did not go on again, so I moved away from the window. I had not gone two steps, when I heard it click on again. I whipped back around to the window and looked out; there was nothing there. This kept happening all night. Actually it has been happening this past week.

There has been a banging noise, off and on, as if someone has dropped something in the dining-room. When I go to look there is nothing amiss. I even checked the pantry, to make sure nothing fell in there. Everything was in order. And I know it is not the refrigerator. The noise IT makes can only be liken to, Darth Vader's breathing. It does not bang. Needless to say I am flummoxed.

I have a fish tank. I have noticed recently, that I can hear people speaking, while the waterfall filter is on. As soon as you turn off the filter the talking stops. It is as if they are using the power, that is generated by the falling water, to be heard. Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon?

I will write more soon.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 21 May 2007 - 08:47 AM.

My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#39 believer1991

EVP

• GS Member
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Photography, Reading, Researching Paranormal stuff

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:43 AM

Hi Mac.   I just read your stories and they are quite interesting and frightening to say the least!  You are an awesome writer and should consider writing your stories down on paper.  
I do wonder though if what you are experiencing could be poltergeist related? I have not researched spirits, ghosts, poltergeist etc.. much so I dont know if they can manifest into shadow people or not.
I do hope that what ever it is leaves you in peace soon so that you can sleep.
You are holding up better then I ever could have if I were put in your situation.
Good luck to you.  Keep writing!!!
My Signature

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious.  It is the sorce of all true art and science- Albert Einstein

I have no particular talent. I am merely inquisitive. - Albert Einstein

#40 lilypad

Apport

• GS Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE(MacCionoadha @ May 18 2007, 09:28 AM) View Post
I have a fish tank. I have noticed recently, that I can hear people speaking, while the waterfall filter is on. As soon as you turn off the filter the talking stops. It is as if, they are using the power, that is generated by the falling water, to be heard. Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon?

I will write more soon.

Your experiences are very scary!  As for hearing voices when the waterfall filter is on - I don't have a fish tank, but I have occasionally had that experience with fans, i.e., hearing people talking through the "white noise."

At one point in my life, I kept a powerful table fan going in my bedroom all night long, and fairly often this would happen. Sometimes it sounded like people having a conversation, sometimes it sounded like a radio broadcast.  Sometimes I would hear classical-sounding music coming from it, too.  

But one night, I was reading in bed and heard a single, loud, masculine voice coming through the fan that clearly said my name and my sister's name very fast one after the other, the way our grandfather used to b/c he couldn't tell us apart.  (My sister and I do not live together.  I live alone.)  I literally jumped out of bed and turned off the fan, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com