• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mysterynmayhem

mysterynmayhem

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:46 AM

Hey, everyone. So, I'm new, so hello! I hope this is in the right place here. I won't go into all of the experiences I have had personally, bc they are too numerous to mention, really. I will just briefly fill you in on my first one, or the first one I remember with any clarity. I admit that some of the information was related to me second hand by my maternal grandmother, but she honestly didn't like to speak about it at all. This is something that I honestly don't discuss with people in real life, for obvious reasons. So, bare with me bc it's sort of strange for me to even be speaking about it with you all about it.

When I was somewhere around 2 or 3, I remember that I used to love playing behind my grandparent's neighbor's house. There were mimosa trees and a large open area and it was just conducive to running and frolicking as young children are fond of doing. On the other side of this house in an adjoining yard, sat a small, almost shack like house and in it lived this nice older man. He would stand on his porch and chain smoke cigarettes and talk to me sometimes about everything and nothing. Seems like he was always around to ask me how my day was going etc and so forth. Well to make a long story short, I hadn't thought anything of it really and one day I mentioned to my grandma that he hadn't been around the last few days and I was worried about him. She promptly marched me into the house and sat me down and started asking all sorts of questions.

At first, I thought maybe I was going to get in trouble for talking to "strangers", but we honestly lived out in the middle of nowhere and everyone was either related or knew each other pretty well, so I had assumed that he was ok to talk to just like the older couple that lived in between us. She pulled out a photo album and forced me to look through it and tell her if I saw any pictures of him in it, which I thought was highly odd. Sure enough about halfway through I spotted him there in a picture with my great aunt, who I knew very well, so I pointed him out.

Turns out he had been my great aunt's brother and had died before I should have even been able to remember him at all. He had lived in that tiny house alone. I got in trouble for "lying" even though I had spoken of him by name and I had, in fact, had several very long conversations with the man. I was told not to speak of it again and, true to form, any time I broached the subject at all in the following years, my devoutly religious grandmother refused to speak to me about it any further than to recount briefly what had happened and to say that I had a "vivid" imagination as a young child. That's when I learned just not to say anything to people. It was also the last time I saw my great uncle and that any of them have communicated with me clearly. It was not the last time I have seen them, felt their presence, or gotten impressions whether I wanted to receive them or not. Also, not a very spooky story, really. At least, I don't think so.

But, that brings me to why I joined these forums in the first place. My entire life I have been desperate to either find a way to legitimize my experience to the people close to me (whether it be through my own investigation or proof provided by someone else...love legit ghost investigators!), figure out a way to more effectively communicate with the entities and energies I encounter, or turn the experiences off completely, bc I do not honestly feel that having the "gift" to feel them and/or see them when I have an experience is of much use if I am unable to communicate with them. As I mentioned in another thread in an attempt to help someone else, I literally just have to cleanse my living space on occasion and seal it off (thank you to my Wiccan and American Indian friends on that one), otherwise I would more than likely end up miserable wherever I live. But, outside my home, I am sometimes vulnerable to experience things I don't really want to.

I have seen them as kind of foggy areas, I just have an overall impression or feeling in a place,I see them in my mind's eye (which is honestly as weird as it sounds...I can't explain to certain curious friends how I do it, it just sort of happens), witnessed physical manifestations (such as slamming doors, cold spots, hair prickling, breath on my neck, lights flickering, etc) and full on..very life like manifestations (they appear as solid as you and I). Never experienced orbs except in photography and have only seen a shadow person 3-4 times (including one experience which even I won't speak of bc it was pretty horrible) if you don't count brief movement out of the corner of my eye.  In fact, there have been a few times that I was not even certain if what I was seeing was paranormal until I realized they looked completely out of place or they simply would not respond verbally.

Sometimes I get sort of a feeling about what they're trying to convey, but have never been able to outright communicate openly, which is frustrating. I have never known anyone personally that didn't either look at me like I was half crazy, needed help that I felt inadequate to give them other than to legitimize their fears and point them to a cleansing or clergy person in the area, OR ask me to tell them their fortune (which, unfortunately, I can not do. lol) when I tell them what happens around me.

Are there any other sensitives here that have had similar experiences or maybe some advice on how to maybe shut it off sometimes or if not, how to communicate effectively at least? I have read several articles and the like, but would prefer having a response from someone that has experienced it themselves and that I can relate to, if that makes any sense. I call myself a "sensitive", bc I honestly don't know what else to call it.

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,709 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:26 AM

Hey, welcome to the forums!

I'm not sensitive, but hopefully someone else will come along that can better answer your questions
Posted Image

#3 mysterynmayhem

mysterynmayhem

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:48 PM

Thanks a bunch. :) I sure hope so! It's actually just felt good to find a place where I could just write about it honestly. Thanks for having me!

Also, I am going to find a smaller, less abrasive signature gif, I think. haha :P

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,853 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:19 PM

The banner in your signature wasn't abrasive, It was just too large. :) :sign0016:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 Muriel

Muriel

Apport

• GS Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:07 PM

Good Evening!

I  am delighted to meet you, mysterynmayham!  

Thank-you for sharing your experience.  It is a shame that some adults in the lives of gifted children are reluctant to embrace that gift, and instead dismiss or simply will not speak of it.  The experiences of the child are genuine and should be acknowledged.  

Seems to me that you are extraordinarily gifted, given that you had a sort of loving relationship with that elderly gentleman.  In your innocence. you accepted him as you found him, and I have no doubt this little child made this harmless elderly spirit very happy.  

I too am new to this forum, but I am sure there are members here who will be more than willing to share their knowledge and expertise with you.  I am only mildly, if even that, gifted.  I have been in situations where I just knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that there was something nasty and threatening near me, and couldn't get out of that room fast enough.  But these instances are rare.  

In a strange way, I envy you.  There is so much out there that is just beyond our reach, and while I have tiny hints of it, I am in no way your equal.  

I apologize that I cannot be of more help to you, but I had to welcome you.  I look forward to reading more of the things you have to say.

Muriel!

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:44 PM

Hello mysternmayham and welcome to the boards.

I grew up with a very accepting family and from a very young age, I was able to see orbs with my eyes, very frightening at the time. As I got older I became clairaudient. When I hear something I am usually deep in my own thoughts, thinking about something and I will clearly hear different voices. It feels like someone is talking into my right ear. I usually just thank them for their interaction.

Like you, I have seen a few dark and white shadow people and full 3d spirits which is very difficult for me because I am aphantasic which basically means I don't have a mind's eye or I can't imagine things in my mind like most people can.

The only thing I can offer for your frustration is, don't get too hung up on wanting to improve on what you have and just accept what you do have as the gift it is. You will find the harder you try, the further it will seem out of reach. I often wonder if it is as frustrating for spirits, as it is for us because there are more people out there that receive signs and think things are just coincidences and shrug their interaction off instead of embracing it.  

And really don't worry what people think, just remember the old saying.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

The secret is pleasing you :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#7 mysterynmayhem

mysterynmayhem

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:01 AM

So nice to meet you all! Thanks so much for your input.

Muriel, no reason to envy me, in a way I envy you as well! It'd be so nice to go to a new friend's house or something and not have to figure out if I should or shouldn't tell them there's an strange man standing on their landing glaring at us, for instance. (One time, I mistook a girl's husband for someone "not really there" and he thought I was rude bc I "didn't acknowledge his presence until he said something to me". :Picture 562: ) But, it's just something I have learned to deal with.

Klainey, I think it's really cool you can see the orbs! Although, I can see how that would be distressing to a young child. A friend of mine in London sees them on occasion and it's just one of the things I have never experienced, but know a few who have. It is nice to know that I am not the only person who experiences it in full 3D like that, also. That is usually the sticking point where folks have said "spirits just don't present themselves like that". Well, they do to me. :P I envy your ability to hear them speak. It just seems that would be far more useful than seeing them, knowing they are there, but being unable to truly gain any insight as to why or relay anything they may want known. I know I must frustrate them. :wallbash: Any idea why I have not been able to communicate since my first experience. (which, on all accounts was very fluid). But anyway, I can't wait to read about your experiences with that!

But, you are right, maybe we are all just meant to experience them in our own way and see them according to our individual ability. Now if I could just get one of them to show up on film properly, we'd be set! You made me feel a lot better. You're all awesome. Thank you

Edited by mysterynmayhem, 28 March 2017 - 09:03 AM.

#8 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

Oh yes, I've seen and experienced a great deal of supernatural things in my life.

#9 daphnerose

daphnerose

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:40 AM

You're not alone MnM!!!  welcome to the forums!  There are a few here with experience!!  I know they've helped alot of people!

#10 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:38 AM

Hello and welcome ! Plenty of us have experienced paranormal things and there's a few very experienced investigators and psychics etc around. You'll find us!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#11 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:28 AM

I'm a sensitive and have though experience deduced that I am an empath.
Example: During the last week of February 2012 I went to the Chopra Center in Carlsbad, California.
I was being a bit of a show off to some of the staff there by reciting the spoken word poem, "The Word"
by The Moody Blues. While doing so, I was engulfed with a feeling of sorrow and grief. I could not finish
as I had started to cry. I asked "Why am I crying? What is happening to me?"
It turned out that the day before near the room where I was standing, there had been a Memorial Service
for neurologist, author and partner of Dr. Deepak Chopra, Dr. David Simon who had died of cancer.
The grief and sadness I was feeling were from the previous day.

#12 JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy

Apport

• GS Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:45 PM

Well howdy friend!

I don't really consider myself a "sensitive" I really only notice demonic presences although I've experienced more things than I can even remember at this point.

I'm afraid I can't be much help to anyone since all I do is tolerate or do my best to ignore paranormal activity because it doesn't bother me all that much & I'm used to it now.

But I wish you the best of luck.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: experiences, ghosts, advice, sensitive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users