Hearing A Single Piano Note Out Of Nowhere

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gozaru

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:57 PM

For the past 2 nights I've heard a single piano each night that seemingly comes from nowhere. The first time, it was about 10 pm. The second time, it was about 12:40am. It isn't any of the computers as they are off and none of the ringtones my household has uses a piano. It definitely isn't my next door neighbors as they are in their 70's and don't own a piano. If it makes any difference, I'm 13 about to turn 14 later this month

#2 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,615 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:40 AM

Any other unusual occurrences happen in the home over the last year or so?

Since I'm not good at mysteries, I'll see what others can come up with. There are probably a dozen or so things that could cause a tone. For instance, batteries running out in an electronic device and it's giving out a tone to warn you. But I'm not ruling out a ghost either at this point.

Let's see what others have to say.  :)
My Signature
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#3 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:48 AM

Hello and welcome to the boards Gozaru :) I haven't heard a piano before but I have heard a strum of a guitar. I have only had good experiences although at the time they can be unsettling, so I don't think it is anything to worry about :)

Did your parents hear it too?

Another thing to consider is sound waves travel further at night so maybe someone in the neighbourhood was listening to piano music and you picked up some sound. Although, it is a weird time for music!  
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:54 AM

Heya Gozaru :sign0016:

Love the name! :yes: are you a Rurouni Kenshin fan?

Do you know what note or roughly what range? There are a lot of glass and hard metal pieces like vases, wine glasses or hard carbon knives that can produce remarkably clear notes ... typically in the higher range so could be something shifting or vibration from a lorry passing by.

Also many apps use a single clear note for notifications like Hangouts. It took me a long time to figure that out the first time since I never installed Hangouts but google did it without me knowing long ago :down:

If you think it's a paranormal sound how do you feel about doing some EVPs?

Edited by siguie, 02 June 2017 - 11:56 AM.

My Signature
- siguie -

#5 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:42 PM

I know some birds can mimic sounds they hear. I have heard stories, about a Mockingbird mimicking flute and another noise of a squeaky garden gate.
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#6 Gozaru

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:15 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 02 June 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

Any other unusual occurrences happen in the home over the last year or so?

Since I'm not good at mysteries, I'll see what others can come up with. There are probably a dozen or so things that could cause a tone. For instance, batteries running out in an electronic device and it's giving out a tone to warn you. But I'm not ruling out a ghost either at this point.

Let's see what others have to say.  :)

No other paranormal occurrences. But about a week ago I did get sleep paralysis and I was freaked out after that. My mom and my grandma both have strong spiritual connections as whenever one of my relatives have died my mom or grandma have experienced signs such as a trumpet sound at 3 am or just a tightness of their chest and other signs as well

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 02 June 2017 - 03:48 AM, said:

Hello and welcome to the boards Gozaru :) I haven't heard a piano before but I have heard a strum of a guitar. I have only had good experiences although at the time they can be unsettling, so I don't think it is anything to worry about :)

Did your parents hear it too?

Another thing to consider is sound waves travel further at night so maybe someone in the neighbourhood was listening to piano music and you picked up some sound. Although, it is a weird time for music!  
Thanks for the welcome. I was the only one to hear it and I even asked but she denied that she heard any piano notes

Edited by Gozaru, 03 June 2017 - 02:17 AM.

#7 CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:12 AM

If you have a iphone, Apple recently released a update that seems to have defaulted Apple News to notifications.
My Signature

#8 NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:02 AM

Hello Gozaru!

I have had this happen from time to time.  I can't find any reason for it though...  None of the electronics have a sound on them that is activated that makes this sound.  We do have a piano, but the sound is coming from the other end of the house.  The only thing that is on that side of the house is my wife's laptop which she keeps on a desk, and it's usually off when we hear the sound.

How long have you lived in this house?  If the sound is still unexplained, I would check to see if there is a child's toy hidden somewhere in the house.  Just a suggestion.  My grandma has a giant storage room in her basement and we kept hearing a strange sound from there a couple years back.  We investigated and found one of my sister's old stuffed animals that could talk.

Thanks for sharing, and best of luck in finding this sound out :)
My Signature

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com