• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lamfada

Lamfada

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:40 PM

I lived for the first nine years of my life in a haunted house.

To explain, I need to describe the place.  It had been built as a dormitory for a girls school before the Civil War. I still have one or two of the old books that were left in a closet upstairs.  The place was large and shaped rather like a dumb bell.  At the east were two large dining rooms, with concrete floors,  then a long corridor with small rooms on both sides, and two large living rooms at the west end.   There was a porch that ran around the house from one dining room, all around to the other dining room.  There was an upstairs that we rented out when I was a boy.

When I was about 8 there occurred what I remember as The Walking.  At night for perhaps two months off and on the adults in the family were disturbed by the sound of walking, heavy-footed and loud on the porch.  It always began often rather early, on the north side, by the dining room and went all the way around the house. Nothing was ever seen related to the Walking.  People on the porch seemed to hear it go over-head.  People with flashlights waited at upstairs windows as it went by, but saw nothing on the porch roof.

The curious thing is I remember clearly hearing my family and neighbors who came in actually saying they were hearing the Walking, but at the same time, I heard nothing. I never heard it, even once.  Then it just stopped

A year or so later, we sold the place and moved on.  It was bought by a church intending to use it for a parsonage, but for structural reasons it was soon torn down.  Well placed rumor reported that when they bulldozed the cement floors of the dining rooms away, a jar full of gold coins was found, dating to the Civil War.

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,853 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:00 PM

Wow, sounds like he was trying to find his gold stash.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 Lamfada

Lamfada

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:31 PM

I always feel a bit doubtful when talking about the old house.  We left there when I was very young, and kids have imaginations.  

That said, I remember one day when I went upstairs to get something out of the hall closet.  The closets were built in the hall with the sloping roof of the house as back/ceiling to the closet.  I remember seeing a pair of eyes floating in the darkness, a foot or so above my head.  I could see the wall between the eyes in the light out of the hall, and they were round, cartoonish eyes--the sort of eyes I'm sure I saw on the Sat mornign cartoons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users