Free Skins
© Fisana

Strangest Thing In 2017 So Far To Happen To Me...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:55 AM

Hey guys, just thought I would share my story. About a month ago I was staying at my girlfriend's house for the night, and I had already stayed there several times with no issues. I was asleep, and I am a light sleeper, and there was enough light filtering into the room to see things pretty clearly, but not outright bright. I woke up because I felt like someone was staring at me. My girlfriend was fast asleep next to me so I knew it wasn't her. I didn't want to open my eyes, but I did. What I saw is literally burned and ingrained in my memory now. Lo and behold standing not even 3 feet away from the bed was a man, in full tribal gear and white ash/mud all over his skin. He looked like a warrior of African descent. He had some face paint, and it wasn't excessive, but his skin was completely covered in white ash or mud. His eyes, they were wild unlike anything I have ever seen. He was standing there, plain as day, solid. He had a spear he was holding in his left hand. I could not see through him as I normally do when I see a spirit. I sat straight up, in a cold sweat, and exclaimed out loud "Oh My God there's a man in the room!" I was ready to fight. I thought he was real. She sat up, flipped on the lamp next to her, and freaked out as much as I expect anyone would being woken up that way.  I could still see him, standing there, staring at us. I was pointing at him. She could not see him. He didn't move anything but his head from side to side just a little. He then vanished, disappeared completely, and was gone. I don't think I was dreaming. I saw him plain as day. What are your thoughts on this? It scared me, it wasn't a peaceful feeling, but that might just be because I was so freaked out.. so was she. I want to think if it was really there that it was some sort of guardian spirit. Wishful thinking ^_^

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#2 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:10 AM

Scary.

I'll give you a possible non-paranormal explanation...

Hypnagogic/hypnopompic hallucination.

Hypnopompic hallucinations refer to bizarre sensory experiences that occur during the transitory period between a sleeping state and wakefulness.  Imagine sensing that you are slowly transitioning from a sleeping state to being fully awake, when at some point during that transition, you begin seeing vivid geometric shapes, hearing sounds, or even sensing touch.

Hypnagogia is the experience of the transitional state from wakefulness to sleep: the hypnagogic state of consciousness, during the onset of sleep. Mental phenomena that occur during this "threshold consciousness" phase include lucid thought, lucid dreaming, hallucinations, and sleep paralysis.

#3 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:44 AM

Non-paranormal or paranormal, that is the question.

Can you think of a reason why a tribal figure would appear before you? I mean, could there have been a message it was trying to convey? If this was a real experience and not a lucid dream, I would think there must have been a reason or a message, Just something to think about.

Very interesting experience, Roxstar!
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#4 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

Thank You Lorac, yes i agree after assessing all that happened I figured it could be something like that. I'm on the fence about it. I've never had anything like that happen before, usually know my surroundings, and where I am when I wake up. Jim, I'm really not sure why the image of the man would be what it was, or if any message was to be given. I do remember one thing I didn't mention previously. His lips were painted like bones. Like a skull.

-UNKNOWN-

#5 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,709 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:12 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:11 PM

LOL Love the visual ;) Roxstar hopefully it was just a random experience and one you won't encounter again.

A similar thing happened to my granddaughter a few nights ago, she told us she has been sleeping with the night light on because she woke a few nights ago around 4 am and saw a dark figure standing at the bottom of her bed. She watched it for a while until she got up the nerve to turn the light on. When she did she made her way to her mother's room, waking her by crying about someone being in her room. This is the same room she used to have when she was very small and her mum woke to all the toys tipped out on the bedroom floor and the toddler granddaughter changed out of her PJs into clothes.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#7 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:44 AM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 07 August 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

Posted Image
More Like This :)
Posted Image

-UNKNOWN-

#8 daphnerose

daphnerose

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:49 AM

Some sort of spirit guide/guardian?

#9 WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

Apport

• GS Member
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:anime. films. horror movies. music. playing guitar. video games. books and comics. writing. poetry. art. beaches. nature. photography. swimming. stargazing. the paranormal. graveyards. meditation. crystals, rocks and gemstones.

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:16 PM

Thank you for sharing your experience on here. Have you ever had dreams of the same man ever? What type of emotions were you feeling when you saw him?

Posted Image

#10 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:48 PM

Good point Whispers, would love to know what you were feeling emotionally when this occurred.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#11 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:01 PM

View Postdaphnerose, on 10 August 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

Some sort of spirit guide/guardian?

I would like to think so, but I also was scared. it didn't make me feel comfortable. Before, during, or now so probably not :)

View PostWhispersInTheAttic, on 11 August 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

Thank you for sharing your experience on here. Have you ever had dreams of the same man ever? What type of emotions were you feeling when you saw him?

I have never seen or dreamed of the man at all. I was completely terrified but then again, i also though it was an actual person.

-UNKNOWN-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users