Well Now I'm Convinced....

• You cannot reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic

#1 FreakedOutMom

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:41 AM

I've experienced many strange things in my life,  many I thought may be paranormal and my husband and I have been experiencing lots of strange things in the apartment we live in, but I always had a reasonable doubt about what we'd seen/heard/experiencened... but last night something happened that shook me to my core.  Something absolutely unexplainable and it scared me terribly (and I'm a 35 year old mother of 5!)
  I use a "Vape", it's a water vapor e-cigarette type device. It weighs probably 8-10oz especially when full of the "juice".
  Last night I was up late,  watching TV. It was 3:30 a.m. Everyone was asleep,  most of the lights were on and I was sitting on the couch holding my 11 month old baby in my arms (asleep) eating an ice cream bar.  My vape fell off the couch and I heard it hit the floor.  I was eating ice cream & Holding baby,  so I wasn't in a hurry to pick it up and actually went to the kitchen to grab another ice cream bar.  As i walked back to the couch I saw exactly where my vape was,  which was very close to the couch, nearly underneath but not quite.  
  I sat eating my ice cream,  watching TV until I barely saw something out my peripheral vision,  then,  I swear on everything that means anything to me,  I heard my vape hit the floor.  It's heavy,  so it makes quite the sound.  I was obviously startled and sat up and looked at the floor and the Vape was STILL ROLLING. It landed about 2 feet from the couch and where it had been laying  It came to a stop and I stared at it,  immediately tring to rationalize what my brain had just seen.  It absolutely did a NOT make sense.  I'm a very rational person,  I think things through logically and try to come up with a scientific explaination.   But there was literally no explanation for this.
  I'm sure people will say I must've bumped it with my feet,  but my feet were up on the couch,  facing the opposite direction.  No one was awake,  we don't have any pets, there was no Earthquake (even subtle) last night,  I checked.  Our flook isn't slanted,  there was no rug there, we live in a basement apartment,  no one below us,  the floor is concrete slab under the carpet... there is NO way for that vape to hit the floor again,  let alone levitate up, hit the floor and roll.  (which I'm certain I saw,  I'm certain enough I would swear under oath) )
  After this,  I'm absolutely convinced paranormal activity exists.   I wish everyone in the world could've seen this so they'd believe it,  because I know there's going to be people who say it's impossible,  didn't happen,  etc. Etc.
  I ran and woke up my husband from ourunning bedroom,  literally crying I was scared.  He said it was the "Witching Hour" and that it was probably something demonic.  
  I'm so freaked out I can't even sleep
  I'm not even sure what my question is,  I just had to share this story with people.  I guess my question would be, does anyone know WHY a ghost/spirit/Presence/demon/poltergeist would choose to toss my vape? It's so heavy,  why pick that? Wouldn't it take an immense amount of energy to throw that?  Is it automatically a bad "energy" since it at 3:30 a.m.?
  Thank you for any replies,  I'm still really shook up from this and not prone to an over active imagination.

#2 NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:53 AM

Hello FreakedOutMom!  Welcome!

So, I'm having trouble here...  Your vape hit the floor twice?  Just making sure I have this right.  When I was reading this, I had to read it a second time.  My apologies.

Just wondering...  Do you have a two-level stand next to your couch that your vape may have fallen off of after it fell the first time?  If not, sounds like we have something here.

Has there been any other unexplained events in your house?
My Signature

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#3 FreakedOutMom

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:13 AM

Thank you SO much for responding!!!!
Yes, it hit the floor twice.  Probably half an hour apart.  There's no stand, it fell directly on the floor.  Since no kids were awake and I was busy eating Ice cream I wasn't in a rush to pick it up.  So when I heard it hit the floor a second time (and slightly saw it from my peripheral vision) I sat up quickly to look and it was still rolling... and it was about 1.5-2 feet from where it has originally been. There is NO way that could have happened.  I was always slightly skeptic,  but I'm now a 1,000,000 percent believer.  Nothing,  short of something paranormal could've moved it like that.  Especially with the intensity it hit the floor and rolled.  It was dropped a height.
  We've had lots of weird little things happen in our apartment,  my husband has caught a few EVPS, we see lots of orbs, we see lot of Shadows out of the corner of our eye and it's touched me once and my husband all the time (he says)... we've always felt a presence and believed there is something here,  but until last night I always had that nagging doubt in the back of my head. I always thought that it was somehow, someway,  explainable.  But after last night I KNOW something is going on.  It seems like it just picked up intensity.
   I feel like no one is going to believe me,  but it just happened again!!!!  But this time it was a toy car.  I was taking pictures of 2 of my little girls who were sitting on the ottoman. I was squatted down and heard a noise.  I looked back in the corner of the room where the sound came from and there was a small stuffed toy,  a small spider trap and a matchbox toy car back under a end table up against the wall.  I literally watched the toy car flip over.  
   I feel like I'm going crazy.  It happened so fast I didn't even think to try to video it.  (I doubt I could've caught it any ways, it happened fast).  I feel like I want to walk around with my camera on.  I feel like whatever it is is messing with me,  maybe because I cried from being so scared last night... I literally have no explanation for what is going on here.  
  We have a motion activated surveillance camera, I think I'll try to get my husband to set it up and see if we can catch it moving something else. Doubtful,  but it's worth a try.  

#4 NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:39 AM

Wow, sounds like the spirit you have is into toys.  It might look at the vape as a toy.

Ok, I would try to put that camera somewhere in the living room and leave it there for a few days.  See what you can find.  If possible, try to put your vape on the a table or the couch and see if something happens to it.  If you do have a spirit in the house, it seems like it's interested in your vape.  See what you find :)
My Signature

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#5 FreakedOutMom

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

I Will, and hopefully I have something to show.  I'd love to catch something so people will believe it.  Because I know how skeptical people are.  
  I'll try that with the vape too. Good idea.  Thank you so much for responding,  my husband doesn't want to talk about it and it's driving me insane.  
  I'll post anything if anything else happens.

#6 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,615 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:09 PM

I'm sorry to hear of the scare this is creating for your family.

Keep in mind though, it feeds off your emotional energy. So the more afraid you become, the happier it is. And the more it will want to stick around. Plus, I suspect it's enjoying your reaction to it, as well. So for now, I highly suggest you accept the fact that there is a visitor in your home. And then be ready emotionally for the next disturbance. When it happens, completely ignore it if you possibly can. And don't be talking about it in the home. You have to starve it... and you can only do that by ignoring it.

The other thing you might want to do is this... On the next disturbance, yell out to leave your family alone! And do it in the name of Jesus Christ (if you are religious). And that's it, no other communication after that. And no more acknowledging it or talking about it.  ;)

Start with that and see how things go.
My Signature
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#7 True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:07 PM

View PostFreakedOutMom, on 25 September 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

I'm so freaked out I can't even sleep

I understand it can be startling to see items moved or manipulated but be mindful of your reactions to these events. Don't cause yourself unnecessary stress or worry.

View PostFreakedOutMom, on 25 September 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

... He said it was the "Witching Hour" and that it was probably something demonic. ...

Not true.

3:00-4:00AM is the deadest hour of the daily cycle when the 'veil' is the thinnest.

The Witching Hour is 12:00-1:00AM.

#8 MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

View PostTrue North, on 25 September 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

I understand it can be startling to see items moved or manipulated but be mindful of your reactions to these events. Don't cause yourself unnecessary stress or worry.

Not true.

3:00-4:00AM is the deadest hour of the daily cycle when the 'veil' is the thinnest.

The Witching Hour is 12:00-1:00AM.

What if it's daylights saving?
My Signature
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#9 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:46 PM

Hello and welcome to the boards Freaked Out Mum.

I am sure there are members and guests reading about your experiences with interest and since they have had their own experiences to draw on, they will not doubt your experiences! So don't worry on that front!

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 25 September 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

Oh, my! LOL, don't tell me the extra daylight  fades your curtains or your cows give less milk ;)...or your hens don't lay :New:
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#10 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:56 PM

LOL.  The paranormal doesn't recognize daylight savings time, Mrs. Fruit Loops.  Good question though.
My Signature
Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#11 True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:07 PM

If you 'Spring forward' and 'Fall back', the new daylight savings time will be more accurate as far as the deadest hour of the day goes. As for the Witching Hour, it's simply the 13th hour PM (whenever that is where you live).

#12 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,615 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:06 PM

You guys okay, FreakedOutMom? ..... when you get a change, please let us know how you're doing.  :)
My Signature
Posted Image

#13 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:48 PM

There is another explanation to the "dead hour" (3am-4am) not attached to lore or dogmatic belief systems but to statistical fact. The highest number of deaths typically fall between (3am-4am) because of unattended medical conditions arising where the spouse is unaware because of deep sleep. It's suggested that if the proper medical attention was ascertained during that time, a much smaller fatality rate would take place. An unknowing, deep sleeping spouse is most likely to be unavailable, In example if a stroke/heart attack were to take place. By the time death is recognized there is no return point because of time constraint.

In my assessment, much of the dead hour dogma might have logical explanations not necessarily connected to a paranormal/spiritual event.

PS- Sorry Jim, just putting in my skeptical 2 cents worth or should I say -2 cents worth :)

Edited by EVP, 27 September 2017 - 05:55 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#14 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:14 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 25 September 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

You guys okay, FreakedOutMom? ..... when you get a change, please let us know how you're doing.  :)

Yes, I hope you guys are coping too and things might have settled down :yes:
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#15 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,615 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:43 AM

I completely agree, EVP. But what about paranormal type activity without death or sickness?  :)
My Signature
Posted Image

#16 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:27 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 28 September 2017 - 12:43 AM, said:

I completely agree, EVP. But what about paranormal type activity without death or sickness?  :)

If you're speaking of the (3am-4am) as a hot time for paranormal activity, the majority of events seem to be reported while we are awake and in daylight hours. Some of the emphasis during late night has been perpetuated by the television industry. It's the in thing to have wide open irises penetrated by IR lights wandering around in light starved dramatic environments. Admittedly, a large portion is investigated later at night when ambient noise often is lower. investigation takes place most frequently at night simply because we have patterns during the day normally called a day job :)

Edited by EVP, 28 September 2017 - 01:29 AM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#17 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,615 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:44 AM

Cool... thanks, EVP. ..........glad you're around.  :)
My Signature
Posted Image

#18 jwc

Orb

• GS Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:29 AM

Sounds like something trying to get your attention. We have had strange activities in my apartment. Including the door handle on our bedroom closet turning on its own, followed by the weight of some thing on the side of the bed, this was witnessed by my wife and I.

#19 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:16 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 28 September 2017 - 01:44 AM, said:

Cool... thanks, EVP. ..........glad you're around.  :)

Thank Jim, glad to be around :)
My Signature
Posted Image

#20 True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:32 AM

For as long as the Earth's been spinning in orbit around the Sun there's been a 'deadest' period of the day/night cycle, a 'stillest' time of the primary rhythm that governs life on Earth. It can be sensed if you're in touch with this rhythm. There's also a 'deadest' period of the Summer/Winter cycle (which again depends on where you live).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com